The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leodis vs James Baille

Ok so, many people told me to stear clear of clarence dock so ive changed my mind and now its between these two. I've heard alot of good things about leodis but james baille looks great too. I just wondered what the atmosphere is like at leodis and what kind of people you tend to get in the halls. Someone told me JB was full of posh, rich druggies!!! please help!:confused:
xx ELLE:smile:
Leodis is good because it is so close to the university (5minutes walk) and to the city centre (10minutes walk).

It's modern, but does lack a bit of an atmosphere.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I'm trying to decide between them too, but think I'll go with Leodis as there's no extra data connection charge & it's closer to Uni. Also I've heard that some Unis don't care what happens to you in Partnership accomodation & look after those in their own accomodation more...don't know if that's true for Leeds.
Reply 3
Yeh that's what bug me about James Baille, that its SO expensive and on top of the rent you have to pay internet connection!! (which I heard was a bad connection anyway!) I have read back a few pages and there is a post all about how rough leodis is and how many problems they have had! I really can't make my mind up. Guess I'll have to wait until I visit them myself on accomodation viewing day (my birthday!)
posted this on another thread cant remember which one... i live 2 seconds away from leodis (yes, on a council estate) and besides a few excited chavs there isnt any trouble at all. i think ur gonna really get problems wherever u go. a few of my friends friends are in leodis and besides the maintenance problems they had, teething problems with buildings etc, they love it xx
Reply 5
what did you hear that was so wrong with clarence dock? coz thats where i want to go (i think!!) was it just about how far away from uni it is coz that dusnt bother me?!
Reply 6
Yeh that was about it and that the social atmosphere isnt very good. CD was intially where i wanted to apply but i know im too lazy for the distance lol. What are you studying?
Reply 7
Ahhh i was going to apply for clarence dock!!! is it really that far away from the uni???? i want to go self catered, any ideas???
Reply 8
So everything else aside, which has the best atmosphere/social life of the two?

Latest