The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: THAT's my Fave, Because of THIS!

Scroll to see replies

Fusion said MOISTY! Cringe alert for you prudes out there! :wink:

Fruit in dinner as a rule kinda upsets me..BUT, I do enjoy pork and apple sausages if that counts. Or even pork chops cooked and then roasted apples with it. OR AN APPLE SAUCE. Okay, apple KINDA works. But other fruit? Do one! Why? I guess apple blends well with savoury flavours, and takes on a different flavour when baked/cooked which isn't so weird.

favourite time of the day to eat chocolate and why
Reply 721
I'd say mid afternoon, maybe late evening. Hm, I do like a chocolate pick me up in the afternoon, but late evening (like 8) gives you that after dinner joy. LATE NIGHT MUNCHIES - SORTID.
Mmm...

FAVOURITE SNACK FOOD AND DIP COMBO?
That's got to be cool doritos and cheese sauce with chillies. Mm, so yummy and so indulgent. Mmm.

Fave and why of: Food to eat in the cinema.
Reply 723
CADBURY ECLAIRS.

No rustling, no crunching, they last FOREVER (so I don't end up coming out of the cinema having eaten a weeks allowance of sugar) and I get toffee AND chocolate. Noisy nachos, wasteful popcorn, gone-before-the trailers ice cream? Nahhh.

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF FOOD YPU CAN PUT ON YOUR FINGERTIPS TO EAT?
Reply 724
HULA HOOPS. What else?! It's all about those ready salted tato hoops. Look Ma I've put them on all 10 fingers!

FAVOURITE CAKE WITH ICING?
Difficult as I dont like icing, unless it's BUTTERCREAM! BUT I do quite like the little cakes u get in packs with pink and yellow icing, can't think of the brand now. They're like just lemon sponge with the sweet icing. Inoffensive, packs of six? Colourful. FUN.

favourite product released in 2012?
Reply 726
Jeeeeze that's tough. Racking my brains much?!

Ambrosia covered apple pieces have been pretty fantastic, as have Cherry Bakewell Alpen Bars. And there's been all sorts of awesomeness in the yoghurt department! AH. And chocolate for that matter... Oh, and Ben And Jerry's Core Sundaes - Pah, JOKE, you fail B&J.

It's really hard to call, so I'll just go with one that pleasantly surprised me. CHOKABLOK GOLD DIGGERS DYNAMITE.
Seeing the bar it looks like it will be just another chocolate bar, but when you open it - it's so good. Both visually and taste-wise, it's not just another Cadbury/Galaxy wannabe. It's different and got all sorts of textures going on in there! And the easter eggs I saw in Tesco looked AMAZING. Didn't get to buy em though...

FAVOURITE SWEET SUPERMARKET VALUE PRODUCT?
Reply 727
Undeniably in terms of value, taste and available alternative the mantle goes to TESCO CHOCOLATE WAFERS. Effectively"fake Blue Ribands", they are 40p for six, have more wafer cream and overall crunch than their rivals, and actually fill a hole! SEE! MAKING THINGS 99 CALS SOMETIMES RUINS THINGS YO!

FAVE AND WHY OF... ROCKY (ROBIN) BISCUITS?
Reply 728
ROCKY? Gotta be the Coke ones, how inspired! I jest Toto, I jest, before you explode :P I love the plain chocolate. Boring i know, but classic is best! Caramel IS good, but i loved those chocolate ones so much. It was the way it was crunchy, i dunno how they managed such a unique texture!

FAVOURITE THING TO ORDER FOR STARTER IN GENERAL?
Reply 729
I almost always opt for prawn cocktail if it's available, because it's prawns, lettuce, and sauce; simply delish, and not filling; the ideal starter criteria. Not rich like pate, not filling like soup.

Your fave and why of CHOCOLATE WAFERS?
Reply 730
Kinder bueno. This is one of the best choclate bars around. Hazlenut cream mmmmm

FAVOURITE salad from a fast food restaurant?
Big up the bueno love. I don't get why they aren't more popular.

And probably McDonalds chicken and Bacon salad, no dressing. Because the dressing defeats the object of the salad but without it it's still healthy enough to be a wise choice but substantial and filling enough to be a light meal. And it's funny to see the look u get when you order it.

favourite NEW cereal? (last 3 months release)
Reply 732
SAINSBURYS STRAWBERRY SQUARES. Forget Strawberry Grahams, Brownie Krave, Party Puffs and Chocolate Orange Shreddies. They're all decent but don't live up to the massive expectations. And UK Froot Loops? They're so different from the USA ones they're a writeoff!

Strawberry squares are nougat pillows with a soft strawberry cream that reminds me of the flavour of FRUFOO YOGHURTS. NUFF SAID.

YOUR FAVE AND WHY OF FLAKE CEREALS?
Reply 733
FROSTIES. Because they're a traditional favourite, and you just can't go wrong with em. They're good in milk, or as snackage straight from the box. Sweet sugary goodness! They are also quite good toppers for porridge or weetabix because they're sweet. OH. And the milk after Frosties? Yeah, you just sit there and think about that one.

FAVOURITE CEREAL WITH TWO COMPONENTS? (e.g. Lucky Charms - marshmallow and cereal)
Reply 734
CHOCAPIC DUO. Crunchy curls of dark cocoa and crunchy curls of white choco marry in a surprising way. Unlike other two-part cereals like Coco Pops Coco Rocks, you don't covet one specific cereal piece and grumble at the unfair portioning of the "good bits"; Chocapic Duo, both bits are gee hee orgeous!

Your fave and why of FAST FOOD BREAKFAST?
Reply 735
roll with square sausage, black pudding and bacon
favorite berry
Reply 736
UserofTSR, your answer doesn't count because a) I meant specifically chain fast food (implied), b) You didn't say why, and c)your answers are utterly soulless.
Reply 737
Ha. Toto TOLD. :biggrin:

Anyway, favourite has to be Mcd's Oatmeal/Oatso Simple stuff. Because I detest the fast food style stuff in the morning, like the egg McMuffin and whatnot. Its all about the sweet for me! Oatmeal hits the spot nicely! The pancakes and syrup (NOT the one with sausage too..WTF) are nice once in a while, but for average choice and consumption, s'oat so easy to choose the porridge! :biggrin:

FAVOURITE CHICKEN FAST FOOD ITEM?
Mm it was between Sweet onion chicken teryaki at Subway or Chicken Zinger at KFC..and if it's the MEAL? I'd give it to the zinger. But as an "item" I give it to the sub. Because that's like a meal in itself! I love toasting the sub, having choice over my bread and fillings. And the sweet onion sauce..pengggg

favourite american food product now found in the UK?
Reply 739
Fave American food now available: REECES. Yeah beby. Love me some PB cups. Miniature o' course. I think the mix of chocolate to PB is divine, and it's surprising seen as I don't like PB in general. The American cereal IS good, but I'm almost a bit tired of it to be honest...Cereal overload :biggrin: And choco pretzels are good too but you can get UK versions in M&S for a tad less money. And the sweets are ok. Marshmallow fluff is ok too, but nothing amazing.

FAVOURITE NON-UK FRUIT/SOFT DRINK?

Quick Reply

Latest