Faland
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
Well they do say that chocolate is an aphrodisiac. Clearly a lot was consumed over Easter.
I certainly consumed a lot irregardless of what happened to Jesus a few years ago. Hopefully the House can all learn a lesson and start eating vast amounts because clearly whoever just negged my last comment needs to feel the love a bit more. :rolleyes:
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A good starting effort by all, keep it up!
obi_adorno_kenobi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)
I certainly consumed a lot irregardless of what happened to Jesus a few years ago. Hopefully the House can all learn a lesson and start eating vast amounts because clearly whoever just negged my last comment needs to feel the love a bit more. :rolleyes:
Probably Morgise.
Faland
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably Morgise.
Oh I'm not sure. Morgsie wouldn't do that now we're on okay terms.
There's an awful lot of precious types in this forum and the rep system just helps them along in their slinkiness (to use a technical term there).
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)
There's an awful lot of precious types in this forum and the rep system just helps them along in their slinkiness (to use a technical term there).
That's the great thing about being a subscriber, you get to see exactly who is negging you.
Faland
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by toronto353)
That's the great thing about being a subscriber, you get to see exactly who is negging you.
I might have to cough up in that case, I'm dying to know - obviously it'd be nice if said person could just do the honourable thing and save me a few quid.
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)
I might have to cough up in that case, I'm dying to know - obviously it'd be nice if said person could just do the honourable thing and save me a few quid.
Just become an FA/ Mod/ Super - though it's harder than it sounds to become one of those roles.
Faland
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just become an FA/ Mod/ Super - though it's harder than it sounds to become one of those roles.
Hmmm. As a forum assistant can you see who negged me?

If so could you give a cryptic hint in the form of a riddle or something?
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)

Only supers would know and even if I could, because this isn't the forum that I'm an FA of, I couldn't see because my powers are limited to the forum I am an FA of.

What I meant is that FA/ mods/ supers are all automatically subscribers and so by becoming one of those, you could automatically see who negged you, but as I say, it's difficult to become one.
obi_adorno_kenobi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)
Yep and he's a gollum alright.
Metrobeans
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)

Na, it's cos we get free sub. :cool:
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Metrobeans)
One of the perks of the job. The other is that my FA role is only really needed for six months a year. The rest of the time, I rarely have to do much because the forum is quiet.
Faland
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not fair.

Yep and he's a gollum alright.
Remember that all gollums were once smeagles. (Feel free to quote that profound statement.)

Only supers would know and even if I could, because this isn't the forum that I'm an FA of, I couldn't see because my powers are limited to the forum I am an FA of.

What I meant is that FA/ mods/ supers are all automatically subscribers and so by becoming one of those, you could automatically see who negged you, but as I say, it's difficult to become one.
How does one become one?
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)
How does one become one?
It takes lots of hard work and dedication to a particular forum and that takes time, though you could just ask Nick nicely to move aside and let you become Speaker. You could always be elected as an FA for this forum

QFA
I kid, I kid :shifty:

(The shifty emoticon is awful, but that's what the middle one is. Explaining the emoticons seems to make this less effective )
Metrobeans
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
It takes lots of hard work and dedication to a particular forum and that takes time, though you could just ask Nick nicely to move aside and let you become Speaker. You could always be elected as an FA for this forum

I kid, I kid :shifty:

(The shifty emoticon is awful, but that's what the middle one is. Explaining the emoticons seems to make this less effective )
Back in the olden days (like 2008), Speaker of the HoC was a moderator position, but it hasn't been like that for some time now.
Faland
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I were Speaker I'm pretty sure the MHoC'd basically become the Zimbabwean House of Assembly.
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JPKC)
If I were Speaker I'm pretty sure the MHoC'd basically become the Zimbabwean House of Assembly.
Hardwork and dedication it is then.
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You have to sell your soul

:woo:

One of the perks of the job. The other is that my FA role is only really needed for six months a year. The rest of the time, I rarely have to do much because the forum is quiet.
On which subforum are you FA?
RoryS
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well done all, let's keep it up!
toronto353
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
On which subforum are you FA?
I missed this from earlier. I'm an FA in the PS Help forum so all the subforums within that area.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed