Why do people now adays not believe in God and the BIBLE!?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
Even Agnosticism is messed up badly. They say they are uncertain of the existance of a supreme being, but if there is, you may as well worship him, just in case. Sorry, but any god that can be fooled by "just in case" is a god I'd rather not worship. Even if there is a God, I don't think we should worship him. Just look at the state the world is in. That can't be in someones plan can it?
Actually that isn't quite the logic behind agnostics.

Agnostics believe that the existance or non-existance of god cannot be proven...they certainly don't worship god "just in case" - in fact they're usually just athiests with a bit less hate for religion.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Return of Satan)
some people believe in Satan, some in god and some in other spiritial beeings but who can say if they are right or wrong or if they exist or not as you do not find out untill you die.
You do know that Satanists don't *actually* believe in satan - they just use the myth of satan as a idea to base their self worship on (and it sounds naughty so attracts people to them)
Agent-Orange
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
Even Agnosticism is messed up badly. They say they are uncertain of the existance of a supreme being, but if there is, you may as well worship him, just in case. Sorry, but any god that can be fooled by "just in case" is a god I'd rather not worship. Even if there is a God, I don't think we should worship him. Just look at the state the world is in. That can't be in someones plan can it?
but what if you worship one but it is the wrong one. no one if there is some supreme being and if there is why does he not let him self be known and help the world
Return of Satan
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
You do know that Satanists don't *actually* believe in satan - they just use the myth of satan as a idea to base their self worship on (and it sounds naughty so attracts people to them)
how do you know people who worship a god that they sacrifice animials to ar not just using it as an excise to slaughter animials
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and I suppose there are no oral traditions, or real historical records, or for that matter buildings to support religious beliefs
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Isn't the biggest sin in Satanism stupidity?

I might sign up
Agent-Orange
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and to begin the bible story were word of mouth so there would have been changed then any way
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how do you know people who worship a god that they sacrifice animials to ar not just using it as an excise to slaughter animials
Devil Worshippers sacrifice animals - Satanists are just a self obsessed athiest cult

http://www.churchofsatan.com
(if I remember the link correctly) there is information there on the basic principles of satanists - interesting...although the cult would be nothing without the appeal of "satan" to little goth kiddies.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)

I might sign up
Pretty much
Return of Satan
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)

I might sign up
who decides what is right and wrong!
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who decides what is right and wrong!
In satanism you do - it's a religion of the self....you decide what is right and wrong for you.
Return of Satan
Report 16 years ago
In satanism you do - it's a religion of the self....you decide what is right and wrong for you.
so whats wrong with that?
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Some history is word of mouth, using your arguement, maybe the normans never invaded britain, maybe they came peacefully. you arguement can be turned around.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
yep i agree. par example i think that heaven and hell are what you make them (if you believe in that sort of thing)... for me, hell would be stuck with a load of drunk people on a big rusty, sinking boat

anyways, there is no definitive argument for what is right and wrong - just as there is no answer for any other moral question, only stronger, more accepted arguments.
Agent-Orange
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so all history or most could be a lie
malledo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
Because some people aren't gullible anymore.

well said sir
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
so whats wrong with that?
Nothing - my only problems with satanists is an unhealthy (IMO) obsession with vengeance, selfishness and elitism.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It could be a fabricated web of lies generated by our leaders to give us some sense of self worth and patriotism, where in fact the correct history was much more bloody and brutal, which is the reason why people do not want us to remember
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by piginapoke)
Most is biased, some untrue. Its fairly hard to deny some of the 'big' events though.
History is written by the winners.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
just like oxford and cambridge then, their elitist and selfish, vengence I will think of later
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (99)
25.13%
Better than expected (80)
20.3%
Worse than expected (215)
54.57%

Watched Threads