Turn on thread page Beta
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Even Agnosticism is messed up badly. They say they are uncertain of the existance of a supreme being, but if there is, you may as well worship him, just in case. Sorry, but any god that can be fooled by "just in case" is a god I'd rather not worship. Even if there is a God, I don't think we should worship him. Just look at the state the world is in. That can't be in someones plan can it?
    Actually that isn't quite the logic behind agnostics.

Agnostics believe that the existance or non-existance of god cannot be proven...they certainly don't worship god "just in case" - in fact they're usually just athiests with a bit less hate for religion.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Return of Satan)
    some people believe in Satan, some in god and some in other spiritial beeings but who can say if they are right or wrong or if they exist or not as you do not find out untill you die.
    You do know that Satanists don't *actually* believe in satan - they just use the myth of satan as a idea to base their self worship on (and it sounds naughty so attracts people to them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    Even Agnosticism is messed up badly. They say they are uncertain of the existance of a supreme being, but if there is, you may as well worship him, just in case. Sorry, but any god that can be fooled by "just in case" is a god I'd rather not worship. Even if there is a God, I don't think we should worship him. Just look at the state the world is in. That can't be in someones plan can it?
    but what if you worship one but it is the wrong one. no one if there is some supreme being and if there is why does he not let him self be known and help the world

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    You do know that Satanists don't *actually* believe in satan - they just use the myth of satan as a idea to base their self worship on (and it sounds naughty so attracts people to them)
    how do you know people who worship a god that they sacrifice animials to ar not just using it as an excise to slaughter animials

ReputationRep:
    and I suppose there are no oral traditions, or real historical records, or for that matter buildings to support religious beliefs

ReputationRep:
    Isn't the biggest sin in Satanism stupidity?

I might sign up

ReputationRep:
    and to begin the bible story were word of mouth so there would have been changed then any way
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    how do you know people who worship a god that they sacrifice animials to ar not just using it as an excise to slaughter animials
    Devil Worshippers sacrifice animals - Satanists are just a self obsessed athiest cult

http://www.churchofsatan.com
    (if I remember the link correctly) there is information there on the basic principles of satanists - interesting...although the cult would be nothing without the appeal of "satan" to little goth kiddies.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Gimp)

I might sign up
    Pretty much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)

I might sign up
    who decides what is right and wrong!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    who decides what is right and wrong!
    In satanism you do - it's a religion of the self....you decide what is right and wrong for you.

ReputationRep:
    In satanism you do - it's a religion of the self....you decide what is right and wrong for you.
    so whats wrong with that?

ReputationRep:
    Some history is word of mouth, using your arguement, maybe the normans never invaded britain, maybe they came peacefully. you arguement can be turned around.

ReputationRep:
    yep i agree. par example i think that heaven and hell are what you make them (if you believe in that sort of thing)... for me, hell would be stuck with a load of drunk people on a big rusty, sinking boat

anyways, there is no definitive argument for what is right and wrong - just as there is no answer for any other moral question, only stronger, more accepted arguments.

ReputationRep:
    so all history or most could be a lie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Because some people aren't gullible anymore.

well said sir
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    so whats wrong with that?
    Nothing - my only problems with satanists is an unhealthy (IMO) obsession with vengeance, selfishness and elitism.

ReputationRep:
    It could be a fabricated web of lies generated by our leaders to give us some sense of self worth and patriotism, where in fact the correct history was much more bloody and brutal, which is the reason why people do not want us to remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Most is biased, some untrue. Its fairly hard to deny some of the 'big' events though.
    History is written by the winners.

ReputationRep:
    just like oxford and cambridge then, their elitist and selfish, vengence I will think of later

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.