Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Im to do an experiment tomorrow, but ive no idea what kind of readings to take! Im going to be using a 100mA ammeter, to measure voltage and current. The current is to stay constant more or less but im not sure what ranges of readings im to take. Anyone help me please?

    Resistivity=(Resistance(ohms)*Ar ea of cross section(m^2))/Length (m)

    Thats if I remember correctly.

    And of course:

    Resistance (ohms) = (voltage (V)) / current (A)

    With the voltage and current are measured, you can find the resistance. Measure the length of the wire and the area of a wire cross section (if you dont know how, ask) and substitute into equation 1 to find resistivity.

    I assume thats basically what you need to do.

University open days

  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.