This discussion is closed.
mangomaz
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
How realistic is the idea of having no sex before marriage nowadays in the society that we live in?
Do people that may hav initially planned on not doing it before theyr married feel that they have to in order to keep their boyfriends interested? If theyr not gna get it from you, will they leave u to get it from somewhere else? whats the media's role in all of this?
Or have people changed their minds about not having sex before marriage and thought 'hey this is a completely natural thing that i want to do, why shud i wait like 25 years before im married and 'allowed' to do it?'
just thoughts that have been crossing my mind...
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
depends on the area you are from, i know Texas is very strict on the belief of no sex before marriage
Saf!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i'm strongly against the idea of sex before marriage...............i don't care if ppl think i'm sad!
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I don't care about it really, what annoyes me are those preachers making kids feel guilty about going out and having a good time and telling them that condoms don't work properly and stuff like that.
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
i'm strongly against the idea of sex before marriage...............i don't care if ppl think i'm sad!
it isn't sad, a little lame and dated perhaps, but not sad
serious narb
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mik1a)
I don't care about it really, what annoyes me are those preachers making kids feel guilty about going out and having a good time and telling them that condoms don't work properly and stuff like that.
did you watch that programme on channel 4 about the kids from texas as well then?
Sage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mangomaz)
How realistic is the idea of having no sex before marriage nowadays in the society that we live in?
Do people that may hav initially planned on not doing it before theyr married feel that they have to in order to keep their boyfriends interested? If theyr not gna get it from you, will they leave u to get it from somewhere else? whats the media's role in all of this?
Or have people changed their minds about not having sex before marriage and thought 'hey this is a completely natural thing that i want to do, why shud i wait like 25 years before im married and 'allowed' to do it?'
just thoughts that have been crossing my mind...
I say to each his own. I don't think there is anything wrong with being with a person you have feelings for wether you are married or not. I have to say though if you are just doing it because you think your guy will go elsewhere, that's a mistake.
Sage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Saf!)
Not sad at all. That is your choice and you'd be surprised at how many people will repsect that choice.
shambles
Report 16 years ago
i agree with sage, its up to the people involved really
r316
Report 16 years ago
Well, it's very interesting how popular stuff like the silver ring thing are in the US, esp. compared to the UK which fills teen minds with 'safe sex' above 'no sex'.
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by sillynarb2)
did you watch that programme on channel 4 about the kids from texas as well then?
Yeah.
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I've heard that some girls in America have anal sex in order to keep their "virginity". Pff!
john !!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
lol dumb americans
shambles
Report 16 years ago
The sex education at my school is really bad. We've had about two lessons on it in four years
Sage
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I've heard that some girls in America have anal sex in order to keep their "virginity". Pff!
Haven't heard that one. That has to be as bad as the "can I get pregnant if i swallow" question I heard in 7th grade. :rolleyes:
It all boils down to the intelligence of the individual, not where they are from.
blissy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Sage)
Haven't heard that one. That has to be as bad as the "can I get pregnant if i swallow" question I heard in 7th grade. :rolleyes:
It all boils down to the intelligence of the individual, not where they are from.
Of course I understand that - I just read it in an article about the bible-belt in the US.

My point was: how can they (girls from whereever) not see oral/anal sex as paramount to losing their virginity? It is sex after all.
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
Of course I understand that - I just read it in an article about the bible-belt in the US.

My point was: how can they (girls from whereever) not see oral/anal sex as paramount to losing their virginity? It is sex after all.
America is so odd sometimes, its the largest economy in the world yet it still holds to some really old fashoined beliefs. Especially the southern states who are against homosexuality and sex before marriage.

Personally I think they need a wake up call, they're so narrow minded. It's the individual's choice, not the states
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have no opinion either way really. I hate people that sleep around but at the same time sex before marraige is rather old fashioned.

I would wait if it was the right girl and it was she wanted though.
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
I have no opinion either way really. I hate people that sleep around but at the same time sex before marraige is rather old fashioned.

I would wait if it was the right girl and it was she wanted though.
Why do you hate people who sleep around. What do you define as sleeping around. One night stands? or having shag buddies (as in mates who will perform the service for you without getting emotionally involved)? or both?
bluewolf
Report 16 years ago
i have tried sleeping with shag buddies, and one night stands and sex in long term relationships and at the end of the day i don't think that it is something that you can recommend or advise people against either. it really is up to the individual. like the other people have said.

i believe that everybody is different and for some people sleeping with people once and never seeing them again works and others couldn't do it-it doesn't always mean that sex means more or less to these people it just means that they enjoy it in different ways. and its no persons right to judge whether that is morally acceptable or not.

sex is so closely intwined with feelings, not just emotional but physical aswell (obvoiusly) and so it will be different for everyone. not only in how we choose to involve sex in our lives and who we choose to have it with but also when we choose to have it.

i think that provided it isn't sex with someone below the age of consent then only the people involved know when it is right for them. whether that be before or after marriage is up to them, and only them.

I believe that sex, like life, is what you make it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (142)
37.08%
Take autumn exams (121)
31.59%
Look for a job (12)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (17)
4.44%
Take a year out (67)
17.49%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (24)
6.27%

Watched Threads