Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sex before marriage is common practice, the point is in todays modern society to never cheat once your married, that I could not forgive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    Sex before marriage is common practice, the point is in todays modern society to never cheat once your married, that I could not forgive.
    i might feel that way too but sometimes marriages don't work out how they were intended and say for example a man beats his wife and is then put in prison-is it wrong for the woman to take solice and pleasure in another mans 'company'.

i know what you mean though but i'm sure that there can be exceptions and it can be hard to judge or understand until you actually find yourself in the situation.

i think that if nothing like that has happened and the other person loved me then i could never cheat on them if i was married to them- well i say this but then i wouldn't know until i was in the situation. its a difficult one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluewolf)
    i might feel that way too but sometimes marriages don't work out how they were intended and say for example a man beats his wife and is then put in prison-is it wrong for the woman to take solice and pleasure in another mans 'company'.

i know what you mean though but i'm sure that there can be exceptions and it can be hard to judge or understand until you actually find yourself in the situation.

i think that if nothing like that has happened and the other person loved me then i could never cheat on them if i was married to them- well i say this but then i wouldn't know until i was in the situation. its a difficult one!
    I do think you'd know before you got marreid what sort of person your partner is. I'd never marry anyone who wasnt gentle fore example. But life is strange I guess and sometimes ppl fall forr the wrong people etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    How realistic is the idea of having no sex before marriage nowadays in the society that we live in?
    Do people that may hav initially planned on not doing it before theyr married feel that they have to in order to keep their boyfriends interested? If theyr not gna get it from you, will they leave u to get it from somewhere else? whats the media's role in all of this?
    Or have people changed their minds about not having sex before marriage and thought 'hey this is a completely natural thing that i want to do, why shud i wait like 25 years before im married and 'allowed' to do it?'
    just thoughts that have been crossing my mind...
    Woops...I'm stuffed then haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I do think you'd know before you got marreid what sort of person your partner is. I'd never marry anyone who wasnt gentle fore example. But life is strange I guess and sometimes ppl fall forr the wrong people etc.
    Just to add on, Love is Blind too...

When you are in Love, you probably aren't in the right mind to judge logically hehe...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that people should have sex before marriage really. Although, if it is a long term serious relationship and you want to marry the person, and you both feel the same way then that is ok. That is how it is with me and my boyfriend- we waited 2.5 years and we have now been going out for over 4 years and i think it will last forever- we love each other and we both want to be together forever- and we are going to make it work. I think that ideally you should only ever sleep with one person in your whole life. That is the way it is meant to be. Sleeping with someone is not a decision to be taken lightly- you have to know that that person is the one for you- you have to choose them as your life partner. This is the aspect that should be stressed more to younger people. We both know that it may be difficult, with uni and jobs etc but we are both confident that we will still be together in 10, 20, 30, 50 years time!!

ReputationRep:
    iv got to say the idea of shag buddies is repulisve to me. isnt sex all about shpwin love for a person and makin that ultimate physical commmitment? 'shaggin' (god i hate that word) with shag buddies is a waste of time. wot is the point?

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe there should be a correlation between sex and marriage. However I would like those who wish to be promiscuous to be more responsible than they are in the current climate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    I don't think that people should have sex before marriage really. Although, if it is a long term serious relationship and you want to marry the person, and you both feel the same way then that is ok. That is how it is with me and my boyfriend- we waited 2.5 years and we have now been going out for over 4 years and i think it will last forever- we love each other and we both want to be together forever- and we are going to make it work. I think that ideally you should only ever sleep with one person in your whole life. That is the way it is meant to be. Sleeping with someone is not a decision to be taken lightly- you have to know that that person is the one for you- you have to choose them as your life partner. This is the aspect that should be stressed more to younger people. We both know that it may be difficult, with uni and jobs etc but we are both confident that we will still be together in 10, 20, 30, 50 years time!!
    There was a documentary on last night, BBC 2 I think, which claimed women were never meant to be monogamous. It also said that some chimpanzees have sex with 8 different males in 15 minutes. How cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    There was a documentary on last night, BBC 2 I think, which claimed women were never meant to be monogamous. It also said that some chimpanzees have sex with 8 different males in 15 minutes. How cool
    doesn't mean they can't be though
    i think cheating on someone is the worst thing ever

ReputationRep:
    Having sex with more than one person doesn't imply cheating on someone. Some people are in relationships where both parties sleep around and tell each other about it.

As long as they are responsible and don't spread disease and unwanted offpring around who are you to complain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Having sex with more than one person doesn't imply cheating on someone. Some people are in relationships where both parties sleep around and tell each other about it.

As long as they are responsible and don't spread disease and unwanted offpring around who are you to complain?
    it is up to them- i just think its wrong. Just my personal opinion- but if people want to do that then thats fine- i just wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Why do you hate people who sleep around. What do you define as sleeping around. One night stands? or having shag buddies (as in mates who will perform the service for you without getting emotionally involved)? or both?
    People like on club reps who don't give a toss and go around having unprotected sex with anything they can get their hands on. Then when they get pregnant they moan and the bloke does a runner because he realises what he has partly done.

ReputationRep:
    doesn't mean they can't be though
    i think cheating on someone is the worst thing ever
    Yes it is the ultimate form of betrayel in a reltionship

(Original post by gimp)

that is just wrong!!! its not a reltionship if both or one party does that sort of thing! why wud u evn WANT to do it? yes it does implky cheatin on someone, and cheatin is wrong and the worst form of betrayel. no other word or decription for it!

im not mouthin at u but this is one thing that annoys me to the max

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lumpycustard)
    iv got to say the idea of shag buddies is repulisve to me. isnt sex all about shpwin love for a person and makin that ultimate physical commmitment? 'shaggin' (god i hate that word) with shag buddies is a waste of time. wot is the point?
    My thoughts exactly, if you want entertainment go to a club or watch a film. If you want other kind of entertainment go to Ann Summer's.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is the ultimate form of betrayel in a reltionship

that is just wrong!!! its not a reltionship if both or one party does that sort of thing! why wud u evn WANT to do it? yes it does implky cheatin on someone, and cheatin is wrong and the worst form of betrayel. no other word or decription for it!

go lumpycusturd!! I agree 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    How realistic is the idea of having no sex before marriage nowadays in the society that we live in?
    Do people that may hav initially planned on not doing it before theyr married feel that they have to in order to keep their boyfriends interested? If theyr not gna get it from you, will they leave u to get it from somewhere else? whats the media's role in all of this?
    Or have people changed their minds about not having sex before marriage and thought 'hey this is a completely natural thing that i want to do, why shud i wait like 25 years before im married and 'allowed' to do it?'
    just thoughts that have been crossing my mind...

well... that is something that has been on my mind too... i personally am planning o stay a virgin until marriage... i really wanna try, even if sometimes it gets really tempting bcuz of some reasons along the lines of the guy will dump me if i dnt, etc... i think its important above all to see what the individual wants, and not what society pressures to do. in my opinion haveing anal sex to preserve virginity is very silly, because penetration occurs anyway, while on the other hand oral sex is, in my opinion not "sex", because it does not work the same way, if u know what i mean...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadine86)
    well... that is something that has been on my mind too... i personally am planning o stay a virgin until marriage... i really wanna try, even if sometimes it gets really tempting bcuz of some reasons along the lines of the guy will dump me if i dnt, etc... i think its important above all to see what the individual wants, and not what society pressures to do. in my opinion haveing anal sex to preserve virginity is very silly, because penetration occurs anyway, while on the other hand oral sex is, in my opinion not "sex", because it does not work the same way, if u know what i mean...
    any sort of serious physical contact (more than kissing-but even that should be only with someone you like alot) should be saved for a loving, long term, serious relationship.

ReputationRep:
    go lumpycusturd!! I agree 100%
    *bows* thank you!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

If everyone involved in that sort of relationship with their eyes open there shouldn't be any problems - unless one of the people involved wasn't being honest with themselves.

Some people don't see sex as always an expression of love - they see it as something that is fun and enjoyable that feels good (like eating ice cream or getting drunk/high)...so long as these people are comfortable with it it's really none of anyone elses business. I don't understand why someone elses relationship should annoy you?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.