Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i'm strongly against the idea of sex before marriage...............i don't care if ppl think i'm sad!
    God no, I don't think thats sad! If people were to think thats sad it would be about their own self esteem issues - putting other people down is all about making yourself feel better.

Personally though I'm not bothered about keeping my virginity until my wedding night. I can't see myself getting married until Im about 30 and would rather loose it b4 then because I would like to be more experienced in long term relationships by that age and see sex as a part of that.

ReputationRep:
    In our UK society today, the percentage of under-age sex is increasing, as well as when hitting exactly 16! I personally think it is getting rather extreme and it should stop immediately.

As for sex before marriage, I think sex when you are 20 or over is acceptable - it's a weird thought, but I find the age 20 seems like a more mature age for a serious realistic relationship. Any younger, is just 'curiousity' and the male pack of 'losing it before you goto University'. You can argue serious relationships are possible under 20, but I think the maturity and realistic thing is not fully present then.

It is true that most males have power over the females when it comes to wanting sex. The females will try to please their boyfriends by losing their virginity to them, whilst the males will (by nature) really want to have sex as they are horny and unable to control their hormones. I say this about females because I know so many female friends that are really nice people (not the sleeping around types), who said they won't have sex until they are older or after marriage, but in the end, once they get a boyfriend, they disappointingly do it with their boyfriends simply because "he" wanted to.

Obviously, this doesn't occur with every female, but some of my friends did an A-Level project related to this "sex" issue, and bravely surveyed our school!, but then gave-up our school coz nobody would admit anything, and surveyed other close schools with successful results! A very large proportion of female students said - because the male wanted to. Maybe I'm living in a very open area? who knows...

ReputationRep:
    each to their own says I

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    But then you are deciding what is best for others and what other people should do. What other people do isn't really your business as long as it doesn't affect you. So you can disapprove all you like, but to say it 'should stop' is to want to interfere with others' lives purely because of your own interests or opinions, which to me is wrong. People do all manner of stuff I don't want to do myself but that doesn't mean I want to stop them from doing it as long as it doesn't affect me in any capacity other than observation.
    Very well said Pigwithaview.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be, try sex first, if you dont like it, then save yourself for marriage....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    My advice would be, try sex first, if you dont like it, then save yourself for marriage....
    hehe, not bad.

The way I see it: I totally agree with people who use the theory "If you have a lot of experience before you meet that special person, then the sex will be great with that special someone". Sex isn't about performance. Even if you're insecure to start with, it's better to have those first insecure moments with someone you really care about.

Personally, if I ever fell in love with a girl and found out she had had sex with random guys she didn't really care about, it would seem to me that she thinks sex can be done with pretty much anyone and this would take away all the value of it. Saying sex is important when you do it with some people, and isn't with other people, doesn't make sense to me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not too bothered about what other people do, but personally I'd prefer to wait. Somehow it makes things more special... like the person you marry will be the only one you've slept with.

For me, the wait will be worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    I'm really not too bothered about what other people do, but personally I'd prefer to wait. Somehow it makes things more special... like the person you marry will be the only one you've slept with.

For me, the wait will be worth it
    I think that way of seeing sex is quite admirable but it doesn't work in today's society. If I ever get married, as long as she sees sex as something that has a certain importance, then I'll be happy enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I think that way of seeing sex is quite admirable but it doesn't work in today's society. If I ever get married, as long as she sees sex as something that has a certain importance, then I'll be happy enough.
    of course its important...and not just for procreation...but lets not get onto that vein of thought

ReputationRep:
    hello i agree with you all
    after seeing 3 of my friends being so stupid to have unprotected sex in the last 2 weeks and worry about pregnancy i know i will wait until i am in a strong relationship mayeb engaged or something. i just dont want 2 regret things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    hello i agree with you all
    after seeing 3 of my friends being so stupid to have unprotected sex in the last 2 weeks and worry about pregnancy i know i will wait until i am in a strong relationship mayeb engaged or something. i just dont want 2 regret things
    having unprotected sex is stupid if you're not on the pill (or if you don't want a baby). Why did your friends have unprotected sex then?

I mean contraception shouldn't be something that should make you worry about having sex or not having sex. You should just always have protection, so it doesn't have to become a factor.

Mod Expression - Language

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.