Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey people! urgent help needed please!
    ove just found out that i have deleted my brothers english GCSE coursework and then deleted it again from the recycling bin thinking that it was my old coursework. any idea how i can get it back? he needs to hand it in tomoz!
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh my god........

That is absolutely unbelievable.

Seriously.

Your poor brother.

ReputationRep:
    Try running a search for it in the hope that its backed up somewhere, your brother really should have a backup doesnt he have it on disc anywhere?
    If its gone from the recycle bin I think that its gone altogether. You are best PMing a comp person such as rahaydenuk or amazingtrade they might know some sort of magic fix.

ReputationRep:
    you are in big trouble from your brother ...........

ReputationRep:
    I know!!!!!!!! ah!!!!! feel so guilty! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by britney)
    i would hide if i where you, he'll be mad

ReputationRep:
    You might be in luck if you're using Windows 98 because on mine it tends to save documents like that in C:\Windows\Recent without me asking.. Especially if i've been working on it for a while and opened it a few times.

Go to Start -> Find -> Files or Folders and type the filename, or if you cant remember it select most recently modified and type " *.doc ".

?? Hope you're in luck because you'll be up all night helping him with it if not!

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked that he doesnt have back up files? He should do.

ReputationRep:
    Oh you poor thing !! Good luck!!!! I would phone him to tell him from the room next door if i were you, then he can't hurt you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Have you checked that he doesnt have back up files? He should do.
    I never back up my coursework... maybe I should...

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, what is it on because i've still got all of mine from GCSE..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I never back up my coursework... maybe I should...
    Dont just back it up once back it up several times. I've managed to delete the copy on my harddrive and kill a disc before now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    Dont just back it up once back it up several times. I've managed to delete the copy on my harddrive and kill a disc before now.
    were you drunk?

that would take me ages to back up all my work it's kinda everywhere all ova my computer...

ReputationRep:
    depends on what version of windows u got, but sometimes in c/windows/temp there are word file with ~blabla.tmp, u could try looking through them, tho they only stay on ur comp if it crashed while the document was open.

Do u have nortons protected recycle bin??? if the file was over written, saved under the same name.......it should be in there, depends on ur comp's settings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    were you drunk?

that would take me ages to back up all my work it's kinda everywhere all ova my computer...
    Nope my C drive wiped itself and when I got up to campus with my disc there was something wrong with the computer and it buggered up the disc. I'm just unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    Hey people! urgent help needed please!
    ove just found out that i have deleted my brothers english GCSE coursework and then deleted it again from the recycling bin thinking that it was my old coursework. any idea how i can get it back? he needs to hand it in tomoz!
    xxx
    if you are running windows 95/98/me, you are ok, as you can recover the data.

If you are on XP/2000, it might be harder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dickie)
    if you are running windows 95/98/me, you are ok, as you can recover the data.

If you are on XP/2000, it might be harder...
    but how?

ReputationRep:
    there are lots of programs that should be able to get it back although i havent tried them, just go on download.com and search for recover deleted or something similar and you should be able to find something.

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanx for all ur advice! my friend sent me this program which allows you to search for items that u have previously deleted from ur recycling bin buti used it and all the other programs were there bar this one! grr.......so ended up searching my brothers room( which is a bomb site) and finding the hard copy and typing it out all over again for him! what a great sis i am! hehe
    thanx!
    sweet dreams!
    night
    x

ReputationRep:
    Aww thanx for all ur advice! my friend sent me this program which allows you to search for items that u have previously deleted from ur recycling bin buti used it and all the other programs were there bar this one! grr.......so ended up searching my brothers room( which is a bomb site) and finding the hard copy and typing it out all over again for him! what a great sis i am! hehe
    thanx!
    sweet dreams!
    night
    x
    Bless, that was such a good idea and so sweet of you!

I'm sure he'll appreciate that, even though it was a very dangerous thing to do.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.