Deleted coursework!!!!!! ah! how do i get it back?!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
britney
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hey people! urgent help needed please!
ove just found out that i have deleted my brothers english GCSE coursework and then deleted it again from the recycling bin thinking that it was my old coursework. any idea how i can get it back? he needs to hand it in tomoz!
xxx
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ohhhh my god........

That is absolutely unbelievable.

Seriously.

Your poor brother.
viviki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Try running a search for it in the hope that its backed up somewhere, your brother really should have a backup doesnt he have it on disc anywhere?
If its gone from the recycle bin I think that its gone altogether. You are best PMing a comp person such as rahaydenuk or amazingtrade they might know some sort of magic fix.
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
you are in big trouble from your brother ...........
britney
Rep:
?
I know!!!!!!!! ah!!!!! feel so guilty! :mad:
serious narb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by britney)
i would hide if i where you, he'll be mad
Sahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You might be in luck if you're using Windows 98 because on mine it tends to save documents like that in C:\Windows\Recent without me asking.. Especially if i've been working on it for a while and opened it a few times.

Go to Start -> Find -> Files or Folders and type the filename, or if you cant remember it select most recently modified and type " *.doc ".

?? Hope you're in luck because you'll be up all night helping him with it if not!
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have you checked that he doesnt have back up files? He should do.
serendipity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh you poor thing !! Good luck!!!! I would phone him to tell him from the room next door if i were you, then he can't hurt you.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Have you checked that he doesnt have back up files? He should do.
I never back up my coursework... maybe I should...
Sahir
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Out of interest, what is it on because i've still got all of mine from GCSE..
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
I never back up my coursework... maybe I should...
Dont just back it up once back it up several times. I've managed to delete the copy on my harddrive and kill a disc before now.
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by viviki)
Dont just back it up once back it up several times. I've managed to delete the copy on my harddrive and kill a disc before now.
were you drunk?

that would take me ages to back up all my work it's kinda everywhere all ova my computer...
acidbubble
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
depends on what version of windows u got, but sometimes in c/windows/temp there are word file with ~blabla.tmp, u could try looking through them, tho they only stay on ur comp if it crashed while the document was open.

Do u have nortons protected recycle bin??? if the file was over written, saved under the same name.......it should be in there, depends on ur comp's settings
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by me!)
were you drunk?

that would take me ages to back up all my work it's kinda everywhere all ova my computer...
Nope my C drive wiped itself and when I got up to campus with my disc there was something wrong with the computer and it buggered up the disc. I'm just unlucky.
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hey people! urgent help needed please!
ove just found out that i have deleted my brothers english GCSE coursework and then deleted it again from the recycling bin thinking that it was my old coursework. any idea how i can get it back? he needs to hand it in tomoz!
xxx
if you are running windows 95/98/me, you are ok, as you can recover the data.

If you are on XP/2000, it might be harder...
viviki
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Dickie)
if you are running windows 95/98/me, you are ok, as you can recover the data.

If you are on XP/2000, it might be harder...
but how?
andy_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there are lots of programs that should be able to get it back although i havent tried them, just go on download.com and search for recover deleted or something similar and you should be able to find something.
britney
Rep:
?
Aww thanx for all ur advice! my friend sent me this program which allows you to search for items that u have previously deleted from ur recycling bin buti used it and all the other programs were there bar this one! grr.......so ended up searching my brothers room( which is a bomb site) and finding the hard copy and typing it out all over again for him! what a great sis i am! hehe
thanx!
sweet dreams!
night
x
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Aww thanx for all ur advice! my friend sent me this program which allows you to search for items that u have previously deleted from ur recycling bin buti used it and all the other programs were there bar this one! grr.......so ended up searching my brothers room( which is a bomb site) and finding the hard copy and typing it out all over again for him! what a great sis i am! hehe
thanx!
sweet dreams!
night
x
Bless, that was such a good idea and so sweet of you!

I'm sure he'll appreciate that, even though it was a very dangerous thing to do.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (167)
24.96%
Better than expected (138)
20.63%
Worse than expected (364)
54.41%

Watched Threads