Unit 5, Report (Gene Revolution vs Green Revolution) Watch

Jellumgoose23
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
"Will the gene revolution be more succesfull than the green revolution?"
A thread for case stoody ideas, and theory brainstoorming. Contribute at will, lets stick all our ideas in the pot...lol
Jellumgoose23
Nothing to add as of yet. will add when i start getting idea's. JeLuM
crosso
Report 12 years ago
Yeh i'm also doing this question for my report, will add information as i find it. This thread will be really helpful...would be cool if anyone else doing the same question would add ideas to help us all with the report
ali567149
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i did this question for my A2 about oh gawd its 2 years ago now and they still have not changed the questions the lazey (chose your own word)!
Well first you will need to asess the green revolution.....was it a sucess??? invariably no it was not although there was an increase in production in countries sucha as india the actual supply of food to the poor fell!! Increased productiuon does not gaurantee an increase in food security. In all major famines, i know its hard to belive but countries are still exporting food even though their population is starving!!!

The other jobbie is that the poor will not be able to afford the technology for the gene revolution also it wont be suitable to many of the ecological conditions in africa, thats also why the green revolution failed!
hope its some help i might try to find u some useful books if i can find my libray card ever again!!!
Jenski
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wow, what a great question! I did a report on emergent diseases for my module (I do Edexcel so this might be a different thing but anyway, wish I had that to work on )
Jellumgoose23
wow, yeh thats a good start, well, i currently have thousands of articals to read, and have yet to undergo the reading, not sure how relevent it all is, shame there is no1 duing the question also, i hav lots of info on the gene revelution because its happning now, where as green seems to have died out a little, soon as i get reading i will post all i find, even if its just for my own revisions sake lol. :suith:

JeLuM
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.62%
No (608)
72.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise