Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I come to Uni in Sheffield and having been pretty much kicked out of home i have to stay here permanently. I have lots of uni friends, but they all go home in holidays, so it would be nice to meet more people who are in/around sheffield- even york or leeds or something, because im planning on staying here after i graduate so would like to know people in the city

i know it sounds really sad, but i dont mix with people outside of uni really except at my job and volunteering but theyre all much older than me.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'm in Barnsley, so not far. I go to Sheffield about twice a week - usually to Meadowhall, or to Valley Centertainment

feel free to pm me anytime

*waves*

ReputationRep:
    I'm in sheff too, doing post-grad x
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    lol - woo sheffield meet up hehe

any of you horrible lot fancy going to see titanic 3d with me on thursday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    lol - woo sheffield meet up hehe

any of you horrible lot fancy going to see titanic 3d with me on thursday?
    id be up for that ive sent you a private message anyway x

ReputationRep:
    Meeee! I'd be up for anything, message me

ReputationRep:
    Hollaaaa!

ReputationRep:
    I study in Sheffield, and I'm Leeds in the holidays, so I'm local all year round. I'm always up for meeting people.

ReputationRep:
    this sounds good

maybe we should get a TSR meet up for Sheffield people soon
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'd be up for that

by the way - just a heads up - if you wander around Meadowhall several times, it's amazing how many free samples of Mr Pretzels cinnamon and sugar pretzels you can end up eating lol.

There's a Mr Prezels just outside the Oasis, and another one not that far from the Krispy Kreme place There's almost ALWAYS one person standing outside the Oasis one, and 2 people (one on each side) standing by the other Mr Prezels, and they have trays of cut up cinnamon and sugar pretzels that you can take a free sample of.
    I think my record is about 7 free samples whilst wandering around (within the space of about 2 hours) lol.

I'm such a greedy guts.

I do buy them as well...but come on, when they thrust free samples at you....you can end up eating a whole pretzel for free...in multiple bits!

I've perfected the art it has to be said.

ReputationRep:
    I'm up for a meet

ReputationRep:
    This defeinitely has potential for old men weirdos.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by SpongebobSquarepan)
    This defeinitely has potential for old men weirdos.
    there's always one over-dramatic harbinger of doom and gloom :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
    I'd be up for that

by the way - just a heads up - if you wander around Meadowhall several times, it's amazing how many free samples of Mr Pretzels cinnamon and sugar pretzels you can end up eating lol.

There's a Mr Prezels just outside the Oasis, and another one not that far from the Krispy Kreme place There's almost ALWAYS one person standing outside the Oasis one, and 2 people (one on each side) standing by the other Mr Prezels, and they have trays of cut up cinnamon and sugar pretzels that you can take a free sample of.
    I think my record is about 7 free samples whilst wandering around (within the space of about 2 hours) lol.

I'm such a greedy guts.

I do buy them as well...but come on, when they thrust free samples at you....you can end up eating a whole pretzel for free...in multiple bits!

I've perfected the art it has to be said.
    hahaha i ALWAYS do that!!!

i love them free pretzels! i now have a buy one get one free voucher!

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield also. Seems most of the people in this thread are female so thought I would throw in some male presence

ReputationRep:
    How old are you lot? (I get the feeling I'm about to feel like a geriatric weirdo)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora)
    How old are you lot? (I get the feeling I'm about to feel like a geriatric weirdo)
    lol I was thinking I'd be the geriatric weirdo in the group.

I'm 28.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Baron)
    Sheffield also. Seems most of the people in this thread are female so thought I would throw in some male presence
    male presence is always good

ReputationRep:
    i get on with older people better so dont worry lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.