A2 Chemistry Planning exercise

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Can anyone help me with this planning exercise, this is what it says:

aq. solutions of hydrogen peroxide, of concentrations supplied by schools and colleges, decompose giving oxygen very rapidly in the presence of suitable catalysts.

1)plan an experiment that would enable you to find out whether or not the rate of decomposition depends on the surface area of the solid catalyst used.

2)plan another experiment by which you could determine the order of reaction for this decomposition with respect to hydrogen peroxide.

any advice would help as i am completely stuck and don't know where to begin

thankyou
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
manganese(IV) oxide would be a suitable catalyst
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
thats write. but there are a lot of catalysts you can use. some people in my class using the potatos and other enzime-stuff. apparently you can do that as well. look up on the internet, there are loads of pages that give you the exact answer.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i've found some info involving the potatoes.. but i wasn't sure if that was acceptable? sounds a bit biological.... ?? opposed to chemistry..??
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (309)
34.33%
No (591)
65.67%

Watched Threads