Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by swaggiee
where do I get the ice cream mix from?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Angelito-Ice-Cream-Single-Litre/dp/B004PYJDHI

Memorised just for you ;p

Aw that is too kind, Thankyou! :biggrin: Appreciate it :smile:
Reply 122
Hey dude, i recently got employed, worked 2 days and then missed 3 going on 4 days of work without notice...reckon they'll allow me back? I was ill for 1 of the days...left cause felt like quitting due to bad experience but thinking of heading back. money wont hurt lol
Hi guys,

I just called my local KFC for a job and they said i should come in tomorrow for an interview at 12:00..(i think they really need people lol). Anyways, i was thinking of bringing in my Cv and i haven't exactly got any catering/hospitality experience apart from working once in a burger stand for two weeks for the rock hard festival two years ago lol. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knew what i should put on my Cv, in order for my cv to look more appealing to the manager tomorrow and also what kinda things to say etc during the interview tomorrow.

Thanks
anyone??
Reply 125
Original post by Dude6230
Hey dude, i recently got employed, worked 2 days and then missed 3 going on 4 days of work without notice...reckon they'll allow me back? I was ill for 1 of the days...left cause felt like quitting due to bad experience but thinking of heading back. money wont hurt lol

Just ring them up and explain why. My managers are pretty laid back. If i am late or do not show up for my shifts and ring me up. So if they didn't ring you, they may have thought you have quit because you are new...
Reply 126
Original post by rurounikenji
Hi guys,

I just called my local KFC for a job and they said i should come in tomorrow for an interview at 12:00..(i think they really need people lol). Anyways, i was thinking of bringing in my Cv and i haven't exactly got any catering/hospitality experience apart from working once in a burger stand for two weeks for the rock hard festival two years ago lol. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone knew what i should put on my Cv, in order for my cv to look more appealing to the manager tomorrow and also what kinda things to say etc during the interview tomorrow.

Thanks

KFC interviews are the easiest, everyone from my interview got the job. I don't even think they read my CV. Most people don't have experience in fast food, but as long as you're enthusiastic and tell them what they want to hear you will do fine.
Reply 127
can you steal some chicken and give it to me? :colone:
Reply 128
Just applied for KFC online, they seem to have quite alot of job openings across London, might try like the person above and just call around various branches and see if anythings poppin'.
Reply 129
Word of warning for future employees, don't plan anything involving females after a few shifts on the trot.. Free staff meals have a devastating effect on the intensity of farts.
how long are the replies from online
Reply 131
Original post by printergirl
how long are the replies from online

Hi, I'm sixteen and have just finished school. Today I signed my KFC contract! I'm working in a tiny city centre branch, and to be quite frank it's horrendous, but the friendliness of the staff makes up for it. Here I will detail the application process and will give an account on how I found my first few weeks.

To answer printergirl's question, I applied online a month and a half before receiving a phone call from my RGM (Restuarant General Manager). He then arranged an 'assessment event' for me at a KFC training centre (basically a conference room above a KFC restaurant).

Here, I along with 7 others, took part in team-building exercises and individual presentations to determine who was up for the job. I imagine the assessment will vary depending on who is running it, but it will follow the same pattern. RGMs from around the local area will be present, along with assistants and an area coach. The assessment event should follow this template:

One or two 'icebreakers' - What is your name, what are you interested in, where do you see yourself in five years time. For this one, just make sure you aren't coming across as too vain or overconfident. Don't worry too much about what to say, they don't care what your interests are it's just to see how you respond to a group situation, and to get a first impression

A teambuilding exercise - At my event, everyone was given a selection of KFC straws, and told to build a house in 20 minutes. You had to work with the people you didn't really know, to produce something. It is important to listen as well as speak, don't let your nerves take hold, what do you have to lose? Let the note-taking RGMs know that you can both follow orders and direct people when necessary. A tip would be not to overpower your peers as this will not look good. Let them have ideas too, even if they're not as good as yours

Individual presentation - This will revolve around customer service. You need to demonstrate a sound understanding of what the customer expects, and how you would deliver such standards. At my event, a whiteboard was placed at the head of the conference table, and we took turns to stand up and write on the whiteborad, under columns 'good' and 'bad' ideas about customer service and delivering it. For this, I recommend looking on some company websites beforehand. For example, look at the careers section of a company site such as British Airways or John Lewis. They will give you some great terminonlogy to use in your presentation to demonstrate you understand how to please customers. You may sound like you're overdoing it for a fast food place, but they want to know that you're keen

Question & Answer with RGMs - What it says on the tin. Ask questions. Sound interested and enthusiastic

That was the basic structure of my assessment event. General tips would be to remain cool - you need to demonstrate that you'd be calm in a fast-paced environment with plenty of new faces.

The RGM of the restaurant to which you applied will be in touch within 72 hours to discuss your performance. If successful, they will then arrange an interview with you.

If you nailed the assessment event, the interview will be a breeze. My interview was a casual chat with my RGM in the restaurant. He asked questions such as "What do you do in your spare time?" and "Why KFC over other places"? For the latter, I cited the friendly atmosphere of KFC and the great culture and history that they include in their business model.

Next, simply fill out some forms and your RGM will arrange an induction day for you. My induction day is not until Monday, but I'll update you when I've completd it.

All in all I recommend KFC so far, seems a great place for school leavers and people wanting a little job over the summer. Pay is surprisingly good. For a 16 year old NMW is £3.68; but KFC offer a generous £4.00. Once you hit 18 this goes up to £4.98.

Feel free to ask me any questions, or share your experiences.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 132
So I had my induction day today. For anyone at this stage with any concern as to what the induction day is, basically you'll be sat in your RGM's office, chatting and going through some of your key responsibilities. It will be decided where you will be working (tills, kitchen, etc). Under 18s are not permitted to work in the kitchen. You should also be issued with your uniform and be given details of your first shift. A word of warning, they will try to dump the worst shifts on you (i.e 4am shift), but only if you're 18+.

More to come once I finish my first shift on Friday :smile:
Reply 133
A quick update to let everyone know what things are like. I'm going to be totally honest, it's a shambles. The experience of working for KFC is shockingly poor and I'm at a loss as to how they won "Best Place To Work". Two months down the line, my manager has just noticed that I'm not even on the payroll. Paid every Friday? I've yet to see a penny from them. Apparently that's all going to be sorted now though, and I appreciate their positive efforts to sort the error out, despite the fact it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

If you're the sort of person who takes everything very serious, won't compromise on principles or morals, and likes everything to be just right, then this job is most certainly not for you. If, on the other hand, you can put up with the public looking down on you, the patronisation, the seeing-is-believing mess that people make, being okay with the fact that you are unable to put things right because there are too many things that need cleaned/sorted out - then this job might be for you. It takes a lot of determination, but if you have the right attitude you should be able to put up with it...just.

I'm very glad I gave it a go. Despite the downsides, it is quite rewarding. Not to mention the staff meals! :smile:
Reply 134
Original post by JosephNV
is shockingly poor and I'm at a loss as to how they won "Best Place To Work". Two months down the line, my manager has just noticed that I'm not even on the payroll. Paid every Friday? I've yet to see a penny from them. Apparently that's all going to be sorted now though, and I appreciate their positive efforts to sort the error out, despite the fact it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

I worked for KFC a few years back and they messed my bank details up too. Was almost ready to give up and quit when I forced the manager to give me £100 out of one of the tills as I had nothing to live on. it got sorted eventually, however they were very quick to say I made the error of writing my bank details down wrong, which they later admitted to as a lie.
Reply 135
Original post by denideth
I worked for KFC a few years back and they messed my bank details up too. Was almost ready to give up and quit when I forced the manager to give me £100 out of one of the tills as I had nothing to live on. it got sorted eventually, however they were very quick to say I made the error of writing my bank details down wrong, which they later admitted to as a lie.

Ha! Sounds exactly like what goes on here. I walked in the other day on a massive bust-up between one of my colleagues and one of the many who claim to be "manager". It was ridiculously unprofessional, they were yelling at each other right in front of customers. Needless to say I'll be out of here as soon as I can find something else, but I think I'm glad I did it, it's really taught me what it's like to be 'at the bottom of the ladder'!
Reply 136
Original post by JosephNV
Ha! Sounds exactly like what goes on here. I walked in the other day on a massive bust-up between one of my colleagues and one of the many who claim to be "manager". It was ridiculously unprofessional, they were yelling at each other right in front of customers. Needless to say I'll be out of here as soon as I can find something else, but I think I'm glad I did it, it's really taught me what it's like to be 'at the bottom of the ladder'!

Yes, i spent about a year and a half there. I did enjoy it - i learned a lot about customer service which helped in pther jobs. I think it makes you more respectful of other fast food workers as youve been in their shoes, however management only seemed to act in a professional manner when the area manager was knocking about
(edited 11 years ago)
What ex-poly did you go to?
Are they paying you double time for this work you are currently doing?
Original post by ali7861012
whats the pay?

also is their any dogey unhygenic stuff going on in the kitchen that customers are unaware of?

this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending