What nationality am I? Watch

0range
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'm filling in a new employee form for a summer job I got, on the form it's asking me for my nationality. I always thought my nationality would be Indian because I'm indian and my parents are from India.

I was actually born here and while checking my passport it says that my nationality is "BRITISH CITIZEN"

Which one should I put down from IND or GBR?

Thanks in advance guys

EDIT: Guys I realized I'm an idiot xD but got my answer so thanks everyone!
SpongebobSquarepan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Put Mexican.
username818763
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OMG, how can you not know your nationality >.< It is obviously british so put british down -.-
TheHansa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you don't have an Indian citizenship put British, either that or just put British Asian/Indian.
SubAtomic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 0range)
I'm filling in a new employee form for a summer job I got, on the form it's asking me for my nationality. I always thought my nationality would be Indian because I'm indian and my parents are from India.

I was actually born here and while checking my passport it says that my nationality is "BRITISH CITIZEN"

Thanks in advance guys
I think it'd be GBR you need to put mate as you will be in the system, you kind of answered your own question with what it says on your passport.

If I was born in India my nationality would be Indian due to the registration that gets done at the hospital or whatever the process is
username418231
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In terms of nationality, you are a British Citizen.

In terms of ethnicity you are Asian (Indian).

So put down British.
boromir9111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Since you are born here, put down, British Citizen
0range
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
ahh right thanks guys need to go tell this to my friend as well :P
AJ Smiley
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your ethnicity and nationality are different things:

Nationality= British
Ethnicity= Indian

Good luck in your job
username418231
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SpongebobSquarepan)
Put Mexcian.
:lol:
username818763
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheHansa)
but you can be a national of more than one country surely? Not that he'll miss out on a job for not quite getting his nationality correct.
Yes you can, but OP didn't mention anything about dual nationality, he is a british citizen unless he also has a Indian passport.
username418231
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by arnoob)
OMG, how can you not know your nationality >.< It is obviously british so put british down -.-
Some people get confused and think that nationality and ethnicity are the same thing, when really they are not.
username818763
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dee Leigh)
Some people get confused and think that nationality and ethnicity are the same thing, when really they are not.
Exactly, but wouldn't you think that most people would figure that out by their early teens, if not earlier...
Nikstar95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SubAtomic)
I think it'd be GBR you need to put mate as you will be in the system, you kind of answered your own question with what it says on your passport.

If I was born in India my nationality would be Indian due to the registration that gets done at the hospital or whatever the process is
Although u are rite about him being Indian (I'am too )

The part about being born in India does not make my nationality Indian....... I was born in Dubai and stayed there for 10 years... they did not bother giving me citizenship :mad: !!!

I guess it depends on country to country !!!
SubAtomic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nikstar95)
Although u are rite about him being Indian (I'am too )

The part about being born in India does not make my nationality Indian....... I was born in Dubai and stayed there for 10 years... they did not bother giving me citizenship :mad: !!!

I guess it depends on country to country !!!
Ahh ok, guess I learnt my something new for today cheers
Nikstar95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by arnoob)
Exactly, but wouldn't you think that most people would figure that out by their early teens, if not earlier...
LOL .... alot of ppl dont figure much more imp stuff by their early teens....nationality is not even in the picture !!!
Pakman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 0range)

Thanks in advance guys
So many dumb people in this country....bring on the neg rep
username818763
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nikstar95)
LOL .... alot of ppl dont figure much more imp stuff by their early teens....nationality is not even in the picture !!!
I am starting to loose faith in our generation
Nikstar95
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SubAtomic)
Ahh ok, guess I learnt my something new for today cheers
:beer:
cl_steele
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
id put down British..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
57.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise