Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is this normal. I know we have had cold weather but i cant understand why one spits (luckily its the passenger side) and the one on the drive side actually works properly. Any suggestions as to why/ solutions would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Try cleaning the spitting one out with a pin/needle? Or clean it out at the other end?

ReputationRep:
    Probably just clogged up. Unplug the pipe at the resevoir and blow through it, that should push out anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Probably just clogged up. Unplug the pipe at the resevoir and blow through it, that should push out anything
    How?
    I have followed the pipe from the jets and it just disappers, cant see where it connects to the washer bottle.

ReputationRep:
    Also check the one way valves in the system. The valves stop the fluid draining out of the pipes back into the reservoir when not in use. This means as soon as you turn the pump on there is already fluid in the pipes, so there is no dealy in it reaching the screen. There may be just one valve for both jets, or one for each jet. If there is one for each, disconnect the valve on the faulty side, and try the washers without the valve. If it works ok then you know the valve is faulty/dirty. To access the pipes you may need to unclip the sound deadening material from the underside of the bonnet (if there is any)

ReputationRep:
    I had exactly the same thing. Had it fixed when I had the car serviced last and they said they flushed the system and put some kind of cleaning fluid through it. :|

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.