Turn on thread page Beta

Napping watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    doubt its that serious, go to the docs anyway and explani it all, they may suggest changes in your diet or more exercise. Gio and get advice, or call NHS direct
    There is an explaination for the needing to pee all the time (small bladder runs in the family, one of my hips pushes down on the nerve or something leading to the bladder) and urm the weight gain could be caused by my slowing down of metabolism seeing as i've been out of sport for 4 months.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireDeuce)
    Does anyone else feel like this when you nap in the afternoon?

Quite often I will fall asleep accidently whilst watching tv or in school or whatever. When I wake up I feel TERRIBLE

any ideas?
    Don't nap longer than 40 mins at a time. Do sets of 40 sleep/20 up if you must. Any longer and you're in deep sleep - the REM stage. Waking up from this = grogginess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellewoods)
    I go lie down, set my phone alarm for 30mins and nap ... its fab, I wake up all refreshed and energised!
    Elle Woods is valuable indeed - she's perfect proof!

Unless of course she is a total freakshow when she's not napping xx

ReputationRep:
    I cant get to sleep unless its dark and its the early hours of the next day.

Im usually too busy to sleep during the day. Anyway, i dont really like doing it.

ReputationRep:
    I fall asleep in Chemistry at college, though I usually feel better afterwards, not worse.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the odd teeth feeling after a nap. I always feel grim but now I nap more I'm better at waking myself up. A shower helps so much, as does lots of water and brushing my teeth repeatedly

ReputationRep:
    I always nap in the afternoons when I have nothing to do/ am really tired from lack of sleep. This has only started since I have been at uni- at night halls can be noisy. One day this week some of my flatmates went out, and they came back one by one with their friends (very noisily) over the course of about 4 hours, so I only got about 3 hours sleep before I had to get up to go to lectures! I was not best pleased.
    But I do my best sleeping during the day anyway, tis nice as I wake up feeling a lot better!

ReputationRep:
    sometimes napping is so nice, most of the times it make me feels crap. plus i wont sleep at night if i nap. like ellewoods said, 30 minute naps are the best! i saw in the news a while ago that it has been made mandatatory in a big business!

ReputationRep:
    I find it really difficult to wake up again after a nap :laugh: That's the hard part ://

Napping's cool tho :yy: I'm all for napping Was talking about this with a friend over the weekend, and apparently it's like - you nap for 10 mins in the avo, then you're fine for the night ahead. Better than an energy drink :cool:

But anymore than 10 mins, not so good - harder to wake up.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, afternoon naps are all a part of growing older, along with white hairs and a growing obsession with your failing body parts. And an incredible ability to look fantastic in tweed, and abuse people in restaurants and get away with it.

Old people are fantastic. If people didnt love being old, why would they let it happen!!

EMBRACE IT!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 6, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.