Turn on thread page Beta

Calling all Indian people watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solicitor_1abee)
    Im so down,my gf's parents wont let her out now.....she was suppost to be going out this evening to see her friend and me afterwards.

I hate seeing her upset,should i just end it now
    No!! You just said you hate seeing her upset- leaving her would make her more upset!

Can’t you just go out with her some other time? If it gets any worse talk to her and you both should decide on what to do with your relationship together- don’t just end it.

ReputationRep:
    What im saying is that she feels like a prisinor in her own home,i suppose the doubt in her parents head is understandable but to say you cant go out and laying on the guilt trip seems a bit too much.

This is sooo hard

ReputationRep:
    What im saying is that she feels like a prisinor in her own home,i suppose the doubt in her parents head is understandable but to say you cant go out and laying on the guilt trip seems a bit too much.

This is sooo hard
    How old are you both? Are you at/going to uni?

ReputationRep:
    Early 20's,im going to uni this year and she's already finished

ReputationRep:
    I'm "Indian" and dating a girl who is white. Personally, I don't care what anyone else thinks..

ReputationRep:
    Yes but lets be honest,males in the indian culture have more say and is much more accepted as to females who do it

ReputationRep:
    Early 20's,im going to uni this year and she's already finished
    Is there any chance she can move out? She is old enough clearly and it would give you two more privacy.

ReputationRep:
    Ive asked believe you me,she doesnt seem to think it will work.Parents wont let her if i remember correctly.I think it would be good for her to move out for a while but her actually doing that is another thing,ill just wait and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Ive asked believe you me,she doesnt seem to think it will work.Parents wont let her if i remember correctly.I think it would be good for her to move out for a while but her actually doing that is another thing,ill just wait and see what happens.
    You two just need to have a seroius talk and decide what to do. It maybe that the only way she can be with you is to move out, this is a huge sacrafice and you will have to be extremely supportive,

ReputationRep:
    About marrying into the same caste is to do with religion it's not (just) racist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    every hole is a goal, so it doesnt really matter what race she is...
    :hahaha:

great one

ReputationRep:
    Thanx Reema thats very helpful,she is Hindu by the way
    You've got a much higher chance to be accepted by her family than a black/ muslim guy.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the deal about "pleasing" parents. They should have no control/influence about who you love. What will they do? They cant stop a relationship? They can 't take you to court if they disapprove!

They have no power to do anything! I dont givea damn what my parents would think of me if i dated someone who was not indian (im indian guy by the way). Date/marry whoever you want! Its your life!

There is nothing wrong with dating an indian girl at all, and don;t her parent get in the way, it depends on what you and the girl feel.

ReputationRep:
    Hello there,

I would just like to know what are your views on interracial relationships,more so with white people?

I am currently dating a lovely indian women yet the pressures are immense and tough to deal with at various times in our relationship.

Your views and opinions or experiences would be much appreciated

Matt
    I think that interracial relationships are amazing. I'm dating an English girl and I'm Indian. It's really amazing. We get along really well, and there's no culture clash. My rents and her rents are totally cool with it. My dad really likes her rents and vice-versa. I think it all depends on the individuals and not really the culture. However, I will say that Indian culture tends to be very conservative and teaches not to marry with someone other than Indian.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.