Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Giffgaff payback? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm quite new to Giffgaff and I've just ordered a sim and I've got a few questions on the payback. As my aunt wanted 4 sim cards, and so she/I thought that if I get one, and refer her, then we'd both profit.

So when I do send her the sim cards, it says she needs to "activate" the card for me to get the money. Does that mean she has to top up £10? Or can she purchase a £10 goodybag? If she buys the goodybag, does it mean she'll have a £10 goodybag and a £5 top up for free? (As I think we both get £5 for it)

Thanks And is there anything that I've missed out on?

ReputationRep:
    She can buy a £10 goodybag and that'll count as "activating it"

You both get £5 credit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jLou711)
    She can buy a £10 goodybag and that'll count as "activating it"

You both get £5 credit.
    Ah okay thanks. This isn't all a scam is it? You do get credited?

As I'll get £20 then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedicalMayhem)
    Ah okay thanks. This isn't all a scam is it? You do get credited?

As I'll get £20 then
    Yes, you do get credited - every activated sim which was referred by you gives you a £5 bonus.

With that said, you'd need to activate 4 sims to get £20 bonus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jLou711)
    Yes, you do get credited - every activated sim which was referred by you gives you a £5 bonus.

With that said, you'd need to activate 4 sims to get £20 bonus
    Ah okay. Yeah, they want four sims with unlimited internet, and apparently this is the cheapest deal they could find. Oh well, not arguing as I benefit too Thanks

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: April 11, 2012
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite film genre?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.