The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Will
How did you afford that?

Car + Insurance + driving lessons was my 17th Birthday present from parents. But, i do have to pay for petrol so i'm looking for a job at a supermarket or something.

Best insurance i found was with Tesco.
AT82
Hopefully by summer I will have a little nippa. (not the peruda kind!!!).

:laugh:

£7000
Reply 22
AT82, I'm 17 right now.
Reply 23
LFC24
AT82, I'm 17 right now.

Then you really need to get a mock quote as I really can't see any isnurance companies offering you insurance for it apart from perhaps the 1.4

I tried getting a mock quote for a Ford Puma and they said they couldn't insure me. I am 23.
Reply 24
I don't know anything about insurance other than what it does. Where do I get a mock quote?
Reply 25
go to their sites such as www.directline.co.uk www.tesco.co.uk etc and fill in your details (they won't contact you if you tick the right box to tell them not to) and you can get a quote.
Klock
Car + Insurance + driving lessons was my 17th Birthday present from parents. But, i do have to pay for petrol so i'm looking for a job at a supermarket or something.

Best insurance i found was with Tesco.

Oh. My. God.

Lucky or what!? My parents paid for all my lessons and that alone was expensive enough...nevermind paying for a £6k car AND insurance!!!!!
Reply 27
Kingspharm
:laugh:

£7000

Is that a dent on the side of your car or just odd reflections?
Reply 28
lil_lee
Oh. My. God.

Lucky or what!? My parents paid for all my lessons and that alone was expensive enough...nevermind paying for a £6k car AND insurance!!!!!

I got my first lesson paid for :redface:
AT82
Then you really need to get a mock quote as I really can't see any isnurance companies offering you insurance for it apart from perhaps the 1.4

I tried getting a mock quote for a Ford Puma and they said they couldn't insure me. I am 23.

couldn't insure a Ford Puma at 23?

I'm 21 and am insured on a Group 18 Nissan 200sx, my friend who is 19 has a group 16 306, and another friend has a Subaru Impreza WRX at 20 years old.

Where do you live, Beirut? or perhaps you haven't shopped around.

Try www.elephant.co.uk for a quote, if you are doing a mock one, just put in an 'alias' rather than your real name. It was consistently the cheapest for all of my cars.
Reply 30
Red Dragon
couldn't insure a Ford Puma at 23?

I'm 21 and am insured on a Group 18 Nissan 200sx, my friend who is 19 has a group 16 306, and another friend has a Subaru Impreza WRX at 20 years old.

Where do you live, Beirut? or perhaps you haven't shopped around.

Try www.elephant.co.uk for a quote, if you are doing a mock one, just put in an 'alias' rather than your real name. It was consistently the cheapest for all of my cars.

Does it matter if you put your real name in?
Reply 31
Cortez
Does it matter if you put your real name in?

People called Mika have higher premiums.
Cortez
Is that a dent on the side of your car or just odd reflections?

LOL no must be just reflections. Only damage is a tiny scratch and ding in the driver's side rear quarter where some **** has opened a door into it. :mad: :frown:
UnfinishedSympathy
My friend passed in November, and this Weds she got an 8K brand new 06 plate VW Polo. It's gorgeous! Some people :rolleyes:

Nice, I think a Polo would be my choice now for a brand new small car - love the front bumper styling of the new ones.
Reply 34
Will
I'm hoping to spend between £500 and £1000 on my first car - a Peugeot 106 with any luck

Me too, my hairdressers selling her red peugoet 106 for £300 , L reg. I'm currently debating whether to go for it.

Got my theory 2moz eek! :eek:
Reply 35
i got a rover 214 SI, cost £850. is a S-reg, 98, and had 60,000 miles, 12 months MOT and 4 months TAX. insurance cost........................£1700 :eek:
Nearly 3 years ago now, a practically mint Fiat uno M reg start 999cc for around £375 after auction costs, had the infamous idle stalling which we identified the fault on and is now the standard answer for any of the early fire engines - vacuum advance unit failing. :smile: Was sad to see the thing go for uni.
Reply 37
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4618610493

hopefully this my second car....im biddin £10k :biggrin: if i win in happy and wounded, cause i only got £1700 to my name :eek: !!!!
Reply 38
ok....im gettin scared no tht its a con from what i have seen in his feedback...might retract the bid :mad:
$2900 (£1800) for a 1991 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8.

Latest