?
Report 12 years ago
Its an automatic though
snmichaels
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What, my Mustang? Yeah, the first one was an auto, but I sold it after 3 months and got a 5 speed for about $250 more.
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samie)
ok....im gettin scared no tht its a con from what i have seen in his feedback...might retract the bid :mad:
His feedback is 100%. Why are you scared?
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sorry, I think you were talking about the Merc being an auto.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by pghstochaj)
Nearly 3 years ago now, a practically mint Fiat uno M reg start 999cc for around £375 after auction costs, had the infamous idle stalling which we identified the fault on and is now the standard answer for any of the early fire engines - vacuum advance unit failing. Was sad to see the thing go for uni.
My dads first Punto was a hired one he had for a couple of months, it had 4000 miles on the clock and that often used to stall at idle. That was a 1.1 FIRE unit.
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wouldn't have been vac advanced, the punto didn't have the same system for advancing
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Probably just some ECU problem then. As I have always said FIATs are fine if you get a good one, so don't buy one new because you don't know if it is a good one or not.
samie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by snmichaels)
His feedback is 100%. Why are you scared?
in the past month, be bought 20 itmes under £1.....what some seller do is by loads of cheap stuff of themselves by having two account to get high feedback so they lock trusting.im loosing now :mad:
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
Probably just some ECU problem then. As I have always said FIATs are fine if you get a good one, so don't buy one new because you don't know if it is a good one or not.
Just as equally, don't buy a second hand one, because the seller's not gonna tell you that it's not a good one is he? :rolleyes: :laugh:
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by samie)
in the past month, be bought 20 itmes under £1.....what some seller do is by loads of cheap stuff of themselves by having two account to get high feedback so they lock trusting.im loosing now :mad:
LOL it's still reserve not met anyway so you've got no chance. Isn't the car worth like £30K? It'll easily go over £20K I reckon.
samie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol, yeah it worth £40000 but has done 35,000 miles. would av love to won....but as just turned 18, the insurace aint nice with the 5L engine. i only bid as a joke, my friend is lookin to buy a car for 7k, so i said why not get a 2nd hand BMW, but he goes i want a merc, but u cant get a good 1 for that much. i saw that goin for £5000, so thought i might throw a bid in....lol. ah well, have to look for another car like that with no reserve....:rolleyes: and make sure i win. lol
Dickie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My first car was a K-reg 1.1 Fiesta. It was red, had big scratches and dents down the doors and was a mess inside. Thats probably why it was free
Superman
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My mate has a megane sport R reg i think not sure. he is 18 but im not sure what he pays on insurance
mrteacher
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my car is a toyota startlet 1.34. bought it second hand but in perfect condition. 4000 pounds
kobrakai
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
P reg 1.1 Saxo for £700. My uncle sold it to me, it would've gone to auction if no-one had bought it. I could've waited a few more weeks for an R reg Saxo, but I couldn't be bothered to.
Exile
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
fiat punto M reg £650, was in good condition so I think it was worth it. After few months I moved to VW polo though.
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
£10,800 for a Vauxhall Corsa SXi with every conceivable option. 23 months later and I sold it for £4,500

Lost a bloooooody fortune.
xHayley18x
Report 12 years ago
Mine was quite a bargain - 2000 reg Peugeot 106 for £1850, I love her so much, tis my baby! Would recommend to ne1, no probs what so eva
Cazzi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
my cars a 16 year old red polo, lol. but i love it and its got bearly any mileage as a little old lady owned it for most of the time. then it was my aunts. she crashed it and gave it to us cuz she couldnt afford to fix it. my dad fixed it (about £200 worth of new bumper, radiator, tyres etc) so therefore ive got my car for free yay

and now they are paying for my lessons too. which is brilliant (tax and insurance on car is already there)
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
£650 for a G reg 1l metro...it lasted me 3/4 years before eventually dying

I loved my metro
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.42%
No (445)
60.71%
Not really bothered about them (153)
20.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise