Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    At least you have a proper car now though, this is what happens if you crash a metro

Exactly the same crash in a Skoda Fabia

ReputationRep:
    £425, Metro

ReputationRep:
    MY first car cost 2700 pounds; I didn't get along with it very well; it just wasn't the car for me unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    First Car: 1.4 Vauxhall Astra, J Reg £400. Insurance was £800 TPFT, not a bad runner for a 1st car that cost less then the insurance...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    LFC how old are you? I doubt you will be able to get insurance for that.
    dont talk ****. its only a 1.6 i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingspharm)
    :laugh:

£7000
    you shoulda got the sxi or sri.

ReputationRep:
    Had to get the crap group 1 model for the free insurance. Don't think there's that big a deal getting the SXi or SRi unless you get the 1.8 or an Exclusiv anyway - they're the only decent ones.

ReputationRep:
    Had to get the crap group 1 model for the free insurance. Don't think there's that big a deal getting the SXi or SRi unless you get the 1.8 or an Exclusiv anyway - they're the only decent ones.
    have u been in the 1.4sri, i think of the top of my head its 90 horses, my mates got 1 and the difference between that and 1.2sxi is quite staggering.1.8 would be fun too, for a corsa.

sxi just comes with nicer alloys and I think thats about it.

im still on corsa b, v reg 1.0i 12v anyway, its too slow. luckily my parents are getting me a corsa C, just really hope it is the sxi (i know it wont be 1.4 ) cos of fuel and safety they think! they were looking at 2yr old 1's for 2 + 3k.

is yours the 1.0L too?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a 1.0L 65BHP. Usually only me in it and in the city it flies, on the motorways it cruises OK at 90 - only a bit slow round country roads and I don't use them very often.

Probably going to get a new Mercedes A Class in October - once I've graduated and got my 4 years protected NCB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sm0273)
    dont talk ****. its only a 1.6 i think.
    And insurancers are in the habbit of letting 17 year old drive cars with 90bph plus? Unless you're rich they are not. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richardrox)
    Mine's a 02 reg Ka collection, £3000, payed for by me (out of my 18th bday money), my dad and my grandad. It's great fun to drive, just likea go-kart...
    :eek: *jaw on floor*

ReputationRep:
    I read that too, must have been a nice birthday...

ReputationRep:
    I thought I was the luckyiest person alive when I got £300 for my 21st :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    And insurancers are in the habbit of letting 17 year old drive cars with 90bph plus? Unless you're rich they are not. :rolleyes:
    yeh well I presume he/she is rich if they are getting a 90bhp first car sport model, so in that case yes.

ReputationRep:
    I (with a bit of help from the parentals) bought a X reg KA (just the basic one) at the weekend for £1,800! i LOVE it!!! i have always wanted a KA so its perfect!

ReputationRep:
    I own an old shape V reg Punto, cost me approx £2000 with only 37k on the clock, not bad for a 6 year old car. I paid for half and my parents the rest, although I am paying it all back so I will have bought it myself soon

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's a 1.0L 65BHP. Usually only me in it and in the city it flies, on the motorways it cruises OK at 90 - only a bit slow round country roads and I don't use them very often.

Probably going to get a new Mercedes A Class in October - once I've graduated and got my 4 years protected NCB.
    It runs at 90mph but you can hear the noise from the engine which can be slightly agonising sometimes.. I had a 1.0L corsa C for a year.. I think it does 90mph at over 5000rpm :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's around 5100RPM for 90 - I always stick below 95 on the motorway.

I guess you can hear the engine noise... must be why I turn the radio up when I'm driving at high speed. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    £3500 for my X-reg Yaris.

ReputationRep:
    Aw my first car. I have fond memories.
    It cost me about £800 I think.

I totally loved it. It was called Mopy cos of the registration.
    I got a new car after about 6 months and traded Mopy in and the awful man at the garage said he was going to be crushed!!! :eek: How awful? I don't believe him though - I'm sure Mopy is still living happily.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.