This discussion is closed.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by lou p lou)
but sperm donors are about to lose their anonymity.

lou xxx
Yeah, 10 people may come up to you one day and say "Hey you're my daddy"...scary thought.
makesomenoise
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
That's really sweet.

And there are heros out there who are modest and don't want people to know about it. But THAT's what makes THEM feel good.

I wonder why I'm still moral after all this actually. Apart from the blood bit, I think I'm quite helpful and kind.
Or there may be something unmasculine about giving blood or something... "ooh look at him, so giving, what a ponce"... I can see why that might happen...
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
Yeah, 10 people may come up to you one day and say "Hey you're my daddy"...scary thought.
And the words, "You owe me money son" rings to mind.
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
but sperm donors are about to lose their anonymity.

lou xxx
And I'm going to change my name
username9816
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
And the words, "You owe me money son" rings to mind.
HAHAHA.....
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by XTinaA)
And I'm going to change my name
So you're problem of getting it up is solved?
makesomenoise
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by bono)
So you're problem of getting it up is solved?
Silly little limecat...

As for the selfish acts thing, I think generally do what's going to make you more happy in the long run, whether that's the less or more selfiish act (usually it's the more selfish act). You can't please everyone, so why not at least please yourself!
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Silly little limecat...

As for the selfish acts thing, I think generally do what's going to make you more happy in the long run, whether that's the less or more selfiish act (usually it's the more selfish act). You can't please everyone, so why not at least please yourself!
Good one !
username9816
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Oh yeah I was thinking of sperm... hmm sell my sperm for £20 per Tommy Tank...
They wouldn't pay you £20 a drop.
Chima
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
Who else gives blood? me and my friends went today (took 2 hours) but it was worth it. Didn't hurt much at the time but my arm's killing now.

Anyone else give blood or have an organ donor card? I can't see why people wouldn't want to!
I've done it twice. Gonna do it again on Wedneday. It was cool, everyone there was friendly, and there was a lady from the TV there, dunno her name though. Second time was cool as well, except the needle became dislodged so ait was gettin into the blood. Little scary but i and the blood were fine...me thinks
Ladyluck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my arm hurt afterwards because i was fairly near the minimum weight and my bood pressure isn't high so it was almost forced (although they stopped before it actually bruised, so i ddin't even give enough)- if you have high bp it jus comes gushing out.

lou xxx
What is the minimum weight?
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Who else gives blood? me and my friends went today (took 2 hours) but it was worth it. Didn't hurt much at the time but my arm's killing now.

Anyone else give blood or have an organ donor card? I can't see why people wouldn't want to!
I can't give blood now I had a transfusion last May and that means I can't anymore
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
I can't give blood now I had a transfusion last May and that means I can't anymore

You can give blood 12 months after receiving a tranfusion yourself
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

no

i have an orgon donor card and i have the six little pricks tomorrow to see if i need a bcg
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
You can give blood 12 months after receiving a tranfusion yourself
Apparently not so anymore, anybody in the last 24 years is going to not be allowed because of CJD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ladyluck)
What is the minimum weight?
I'd like to know that as well.

Another note: my dad gives platelets and it takes ages, they have to take the blood out, extract the platelets, then put it back in! Or something like that
Ladyluck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Apparently not so anymore, anybody in the last 24 years is going to not be allowed because of CJD
thats wierd, surely the blood they give you is sound, and now you can replace your own blood cells whats the difference
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Well, they should flipping well update their website. Humph.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Gimp)
I'd like to know that as well.

Another note: my dad gives platelets and it takes ages, they have to take the blood out, extract the platelets, then put it back in! Or something like that

I *think* it's 7st12lbs
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
I *think* it's 7st12lbs
i need to put on some weight before i disappear into thin air. no matter what i eat i dont get any fatter
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How will you be receiving your results?

Going into school to pick them up (196)
33.39%
Receiving them online / by email (291)
49.57%
I still don't know (100)
17.04%

Watched Threads