Why do people keep saying the word "bump" as a reply? Watch

CurtainrailMan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The number of times I have seen a reply to a thread, any thread, that just says one word: bump. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
Report 7 years ago
It's just a word people reply with in order to 'bump' their thread to the top of the forum so that more people will see it. Most of the time it's just people being impatient.
mr tim
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It just "bumps" the thread to the top of the page so that more people will see it. Though its against the rules to bump a thread quickly after the last post.
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Bump" stands for:

Bump
Up
My
Basically refreshing it to put it top of the pile again in the hope more people will see it and keep it alive and kicking.
CurtainrailMan
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Oh, now I get it. From the pitiful number of responses these threads still get though, it doesn't seem to work very well.
Nikstar95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
"Bump" stands for:

Bump
Up
My
Basically refreshing it to put it top of the pile again in the hope more people will see it and keep it alive and kicking.
Is there a system where I can receive email notifications everytime somebody quotes me??? (Also since only 5 "Who quoted me" notifications are shown, what if more than 5 ppl quoted me .... how do i see them )

Thank You!!!
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nikstar95)
Is there a system where I can receive email notifications everytime somebody quotes me??? (Also since only 5 "Who quoted me" notifications are shown, what if more than 5 ppl quoted me .... how do i see them )

Thank You!!!
Where you see "who quoted me," to the right there's and "edit" option. Click on that. It'll take you to an options page where you edit your widgets. Find the "Who quoted me" one and you'll see a drop down box where you can choose how many are shown.

That'll be the "customise your homepage" tab. Then look above for the "customise other pages" tab and click on that and do the same.

I don't know if you can get email notifications for when someone quotes you. I just had a quick look and couldn't see that option.
Nikstar95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where you see "who quoted me," to the right there's and "edit" option. Click on that. It'll take you to an options page where you edit your widgets. Find the "Who quoted me" one and you'll see a drop down box where you can choose how many are shown.

That'll be the "customise your homepage" tab. Then look above for the "customise other pages" tab and click on that and do the same.

I don't know if you can get email notifications for when someone quotes you. I just had a quick look and couldn't see that option.
Thankz Alot!!

Thankz for the +1 too !!
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nikstar95)
Thankz Alot!!

Thankz for the +1 too !!
No probs on both counts. Any other queries just ask.
Champagne Supernova
Badges: 20
Report 7 years ago
You can't be notified by email if you're quoted.
Ape Gone Insane
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
"Bump" stands for:

Bump
Up
My
A 'bump' within a 'bump'. Bump-ception. :holmes:
JayPlays
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
fleur de lis
Badges: 3
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JayPlays)
So are you, by the looks of things! Welcome

Would the ability to be notified by email when someone quotes you be something people would like?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads