loyalty is royalty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I've just been accepted to BPP's Law school can anyone tell me about this universities reputation? and whats the area like in Waterloo where the university is?

Thanks.
reformedbarrister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am hopefully starting the LLB at BPP London Waterloo in May. I havent visited the place, but Waterloo is well connected to the city via tube etc. Are you starting in May?
omaro2266
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BPP sounds like a nice university! I got an offer for the Business school in London, it's my insurance choice.
propatria
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm just about to start my summer semester (and thus my level 5 or what would be second year studies If I hadn't chosen the accelerated route) at Leeds. Both the business school and law school in Leeds are right in the city centre in really quite luxurious settings and full of up to date equipment, I've previously studied at other universities and none of them have come close to BPP's standards. The staff are great too, always happy to help with anything whether it be interview/cv advice or catching up with work.

The only other BPP site I've visited is the Holborn Law School which was even more impressive than the Leeds one! If you go into the Waterloo Law School someone should be happy to show you around (they did when I first applied) though emailing someone in advance might be advisable

The Waterloo Law School is right opposite some of Kings College London's facilities so is in a reasonably nice area, however you're also only a few minutes away from the west end etc and (I think) you can use Holborns facilities too if you'd like!

I get slightly defensive/irate when it comes to BPP's reputation, I've undertaken a few mini pupillages at some very well known chambers and a number of barristers at them have spoken very highly of BPP and explained that though it is only a young degree because the tutors have previously been teaching the GDL/BPTC/LPC and are mostly solicitors and barristers they see it as very respectable. Obviously you will still need to be getting good grades to succeed in the competitive world of Law and the BPP name isn't going to help you out that much if you scrape through your degree. A number of people on this site seem to really dislike it and seem to pretty much enjoy telling people not to go. I wouldn't listen to them though, as I've said I've spoken to Legal Professionals who are happy with the BPP degree,I'm a current student and I love studying here so my case should hopefully be pretty strong regarding BPP

If you want to know any more it's probably best to get in touch with BPP themselves!
riwka20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello, everybody I'm an overseas student, and I'm interested in the undergrad Law course in the Manchester campus. What can you say about the quality of education, students and staff?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (112)
59.26%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
5.29%
No- I want it (53)
28.04%
No- I don't want it (14)
7.41%

Watched Threads