The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
ogs
it sounds really interesting... and fun! (lol, from the perspective of a like minded student with similar interests!)
so i'm assuming that you took, art, product design, maths, further maths and physics?

Yep those were my a-levels. I had to do Art at the local FE college as an evening class, I tried to do it in a year (to beat the Curriculum 2000 rollout) and this somewhat backfired. I didn't do anywhere near the amount of coursework I was supposed to do, rushed everything, and was only able to scrape an E by doing well in the exam :tongue:. Would have been nice to get a better mark, but I'd really decided compsci not long after joining it so I didn't really take it as seriously as I would have if doing architecture.

It was good because I got to do some stuff I wouldn't have been able to at school and stuff, Life drawing, pottery, printing and stuff. I'm not really that good at some of this stuff, I'm a lot better at drawing (so did that for the exam), but it was all good fun!

Think I'm going to head off to bed now, so I can get up early in the morning and do some work :frown:

Alaric.
Is it true that tit hall has a reputation as being a lazy college? i saw it on a post a while back but no one else has mentioned it
Reply 42
devilschild
Is it true that tit hall has a reputation as being a lazy college? i saw it on a post a while back but no one else has mentioned it

They do seem quite lazy, yes, though only at academic stuff and it isn't universal, of course.

Alaric.
Reply 43
I feel obliged to uphold the honour of our beloved Tit Hall :wink:

blissy
Tit Hall bops are crap though. I was really disappointed!

:eek: :eek: Tit Hall bops have a near legendary rep!! :tongue: ...Tho they have recently been really variable...think their trying to diversify the bops a bit, away from pure cheese :rolleyes:

Alaric
They do seem quite lazy, yes, though only at academic stuff and it isn't universal, of course.

Alaric.

Erm, whilst we do get less essays here and some ppl (including me!! :biggrin: ) are quite laid back.....I dont think you could call it a lazy college :eek: !! Depends who you compare it to really!
Reply 44
ogs
OP
MadLy
I feel obliged to uphold the honour of our beloved Tit Hall :wink:
:eek: :eek: Tit Hall bops have a near legendary rep!! :tongue: ...Tho they have recently been really variable...think their trying to diversify the bops a bit, away from pure cheese :rolleyes:
Erm, whilst we do get less essays here and some ppl (including me!! :biggrin: ) are quite laid back.....I dont think you could call it a lazy college :eek: !! Depends who you compare it to really!

wow... i'm gonna be going there! it's nice to hear positive news!!! anything else i should be aware of? lol or fun stuff to know?
Reply 45
anyone got a new hall offer?i've got a deferred place for natsci but will be going 2 the open day in a couple of weeks time
Reply 46
i havent heard ANYTHING form the unis i accepted as my firm and insurance (Oxford 1, Southampton 2) I accepted them over a month ago. Do you usually get any info/contact with the unis you accept?
emzie
i havent heard ANYTHING form the unis i accepted as my firm and insurance (Oxford 1, Southampton 2) I accepted them over a month ago. Do you usually get any info/contact with the unis you accept?

There is nothing unusual about your current situation. :smile:

J.
Reply 48
oks, phew thnx!:smile:
emzie
oks, phew thnx!:smile:

I haven't heard anything from my choices, and the same applies to everyone that I know. At first I thought something was not right, then I realised it didn't matter much anyway. Just focus on making the grades! :smile:

J.
Reply 50
ogs
OP
I haven't either! but i did only accept my offer last week! 1st CAmbridge 2nd Glasgow school of Art ... i hate waiting! I did get my AS9 today though so hopefully info on the places will be flooding in sometime soon!ALEX

Latest