Bodybuilding society Watch

P1mP
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by lapsaJ)
P1mP is back!
LOL..soz ppl bin abit busy..but now we can focus on giving each other handy tips..esp now since im back to training properly..and boy, have I felt the effects of skull crushers...amazinng for tris
lapsaJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im just sorting my diet out at the minute, aiming for 3500-ish cals on a bulk.
Solid_L
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi can I join this society?

I'm do go to the gym regularly, and although I'm not massive at the moment (Currently 6'0'' 13stone) I'm quite toned.

I'm also into muay thai; which by the way, is excellent for building triceps aswell as being good to count towards CV's.

I've got a problem with creatine at the moment. I was taking CM for a couple of weeks, as was working well; I was drinking it with cordial drink (dunno what your opinions are on citric acid... so I just play it safe and avoid citric acid w/creatine). Problem was though that I got a stomach bug after a couple of weeks (almost certainly unrelated)... but now whenever I try to take the CM it makes me feel sick as a dog. Any tips on how to avoid this? Maybe changing what I take it with may disguise the taste of it.

So what do you guys take creatine with?
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Solid_L)

I'm do go to the gym regularly, and although I'm not massive at the moment (Currently 6'0'' 13stone) I'm quite toned.

I'm also into muay thai; which by the way, is excellent for building triceps aswell as being good to count towards CV's.

I've got a problem with creatine at the moment. I was taking CM for a couple of weeks, as was working well; I was drinking it with cordial drink (dunno what your opinions are on citric acid... so I just play it safe and avoid citric acid w/creatine). Problem was though that I got a stomach bug after a couple of weeks (almost certainly unrelated)... but now whenever I try to take the CM it makes me feel sick as a dog. Any tips on how to avoid this? Maybe changing what I take it with may disguise the taste of it.

hi and welcome. i take mine with fruit juice since i read this leads to better apsorption. also taking creatine with any simple carbs is recommended coz it increases insulin in the blood and the creatine rides on this to the muslces (to put it simply). can't explain your sickness but try taking it with water as in what i used to do was chuck a teaspoon (5g) in my mouth and wash it down with water. avoides leaving precious creatine at the bottom of your glass. i dunno if taking it with something pH neutral like water might help...? anyway, i thought most creatine was tasteless...

muay thai - nice. seen Tony Jaa in Ong Bak? cool film about that.
Solid_L
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks mate, not I've not seen that, might have to have a look

Yeah the insulin increase is meant to increase absorption... I do that. The apparent problem with fruit juice (if it is citric) is that it apparently causes the creatine to convert to creatinine, which is a useless by product of uric acid. I don't know how much truth is in that though; and read lots of articles fighting it out. But you say the creatine in fruit drinks works?

I might just try downing the creatine, after all it is tasteless (as you said...)
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thanks mate, not I've not seen that, might have to have a look

Yeah the insulin increase is meant to increase absorption... I do that. The apparent problem with fruit juice (if it is citric) is that it apparently causes the creatine to convert to creatinine, which is a useless by product of uric acid. I don't know how much truth is in that though; and read lots of articles fighting it out. But you say the creatine in fruit drinks works?

I might just try downing the creatine, after all it is tasteless (as you said...)
"When exposed to an acidic environment or moisture for a long time, creatine will begin to break down into worthless creatinine." fruit juice isn't that strong an acid (you don't feel your tongue burning) and its water that causes creatinine creation really. that's what i've always believed. anyways read this article - quite interesting about creatine...http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak22.htm

and if you don't already know it, www.animalpak.com is fantastic for motivation or just plain facts. they do sell their own products (which are good i've heard) but its largely unbiased. they are a bit hardcore tho - in the sense of "nothing else matters in life other than weights dammit! GRR" its just roid rage buddy...
Solid_L
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oo not seen that one, thanks!

I usually go on ABC and bodybuilding.com, not seen this one before, will have a looksee
P1mP
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago

Welcome 12th or is tht 13th unofficial member:P
Hmm, may I suggest you take creatine with plain water and see if that makes a difference otherwise just ditch it..i tried it for 2 weeks and dint really like it..IMO whey protein is enough and if your going for strength, try out ginseng
Solid_L
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do you not do "official member's?"

I will ditch creatine if the fruit juice or plain water doesn't help; can't say I find it essential by a long margin lol. I'm getting exams out of the way first (last one a week today yay).

So does anyone have any decent websites for training regimes? Struggling to find half decent ones. I have made my own using other peoples knowledge of what works is always a good one
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do you not do "official member's?"

I will ditch creatine if the fruit juice or plain water doesn't help; can't say I find it essential by a long margin lol. I'm getting exams out of the way first (last one a week today yay).

So does anyone have any decent websites for training regimes? Struggling to find half decent ones. I have made my own using other peoples knowledge of what works is always a good one
try out a few different ones and see what works best for you. best way to go about it rather than following a strange routine just coz it works for some bulky Yank (who rule on the bodybuilding forums btw. don't venture there or they'll bite your head off for being a 'n00b' when in fact you've asked a legit question). roid rage.
Solid_L
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh tell me about it, to be honest, that was what I was trying to avoid.... trying to find some decent weight lifting ideas other than "dude I'm like a battering ram and everyone digs me" kinda regimes.
stewiegriffin
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
hey guys...do you know any inexpensive websites or stores where i can get my supplements from? Not very sure where i can get it from once i reach UK....thanks
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
www.myprotein.co.uk

PM me for a code to get discount.
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gosh, I've just realised this society is still in existence.

Hmm, so what is everyones height/weight?
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
6ft 2, 16 stone, you?

I'm competing in october, yay.
"Hurricane"
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
5'7" 185lbs
"Hurricane"
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by x.narb.x)
6ft 2, 16 stone, you?

I'm competing in october, yay.
Is 16 stone= 160lbs??? If so, is it a fitness competition?
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hurricane)
Is 16 stone= 160lbs??? If so, is it a fitness competition?
i think 16 stone is 224 lb.
"Hurricane"
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by biggie-n)
i think 16 stone is 224 lb.
aha, that's a good weight.
Chi3f
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
5"9 , 210lbs!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.88%
No (699)
73.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise