Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi3f)
    not too sure on the leg press though, squats all the way!
    i agree they give the deepest workout - you really feel it the next day but they more often than not make me puke or feel really unwell when i go to failure for say 3/4 sets. hence i only do a couple sets to failure and then move straight onto presses and extensions.

ReputationRep:
    Ummmmm, I think my favs are the good ol' bench press and the barbell rowing.
    And yes, it is how you look that matters, but sincerely, a guy should be as tough as he looks, so max press does matter!!! I agree on the bullsh*t part, many ppl do it, especially the skinny ones!! (no offence to skinny ppl)

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I suggest you read this, it is one of the most motivational articles I've ever read, it consists of 7 parts:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/animalpak5.htm

ReputationRep:
    will check that out now, this is good as well:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1100725

ReputationRep:
    Favourite Quotes:
    "The Warrior awakens before the sun rises. To the Warrior, there's only one goal in life: To be stronger than the previous day. This means he must battle complacency and inner weakness. The Warrior must first win the struggle taking place within himself. Then, he must overcome every external adversity that is presented before him. All of these adversities become battles within the larger war.

To win this war, the Warrior must reach deep down inside himself and find out what he's truly made of. A warrior does not say, "I will try." A warrior says, "I will do". No excuses. No regrets. No failures. If you live a life where you put limits upon yourself, you might as well be dead. Never accept mediocrity. To live, you must kill these self-imposed limits.

A warrior always has a battle plan. You must learn to draw up a plan, implement your plan, overcome adversities, maintain discipline and control under great stress, and ultimately defeat your foes. To be a warrior, you must adopt this way of thinking." -Animalpak.com

ReputationRep:
    Arnold => "A fat ****!!!!"

ReputationRep:
    yeah, vince gironda is pretty stacked

ReputationRep:
    Favourite Qoutes:
    "When we were out far enough for the water to cover my head, Steve grabbed me and aggressively shoved me under the surf. I managed to surface for a moment. I gagged, coughed, and was shoved under again.

Michalik would allow me to come up for one breath, and then proceed to shove me under again and again. I frantically kicked and fought until I finally grew weak and went limp. Michalik dragged me from the water and threw me on the beach. As I spit up water and tried to catch a breath, he started yelling like a madman. "Tell me how it felt to have one breath... How bad did you want that little breath of air? When you want to win as bad as you wanted that one breath of air, then come back and see me. That's what it will take for you to be the best!"

AND

"I lived my dream and I continue to set new goals and have new dreams.
    That is what life is all about…
    Being the best at everything you choose to do and not settling for second place."

-Intensity or Insanity: John Defendis Story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi3f)
    so whats everyone favourite exercise?

im drawn between dumbell press and deadlifts
    Skullcrushers.

Worst is probably benching, it's just bloody boring.

ReputationRep:
    if you like animalpak then you should definitely check out animalpak.com
    its insanely good
    as are their supps

ReputationRep:
    never had any of their supplements, ive used bsn a lot

ReputationRep:
    Whats with all this beef on skinny ppl...u dont necessarily have to be bulky to bench big! In my gym, I see biigg ppl still benchin 70s and 80KGs...and my friend, weighing only 66KG benchin 90KG..it depends on ur strength and technique..

ReputationRep:
    the big people probably warm up on 80Kgs...

ReputationRep:
    also depends on how wide or narrow grip you use when you bench as well

ReputationRep:
    Just thought i'd pop in and say hi.
    Have recently started bodybuilding, using Inner armour whey protein, 6 meals a day etc etc.
    Can't sadly give you my max lifts as i have been unable to use freeweights other than db's - don't have anyone to spot at the times i go to the gym.
    Favourite exercise is probably bench press - purely because it's giving me the greatest gains as of late.

ReputationRep:
    you dont need a spotter when you use a barbell, just make sure you can lift it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi3f)
    you dont need a spotter when you use a barbell, just make sure you can lift it
    It's always advisable.
    I've been hitting failure sometimes so i don't want to have that weight hovering over me

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats true, but usually when the bar is on your neck, someone nearby comes helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi3f)
    yeah thats true, but usually when the bar is on your neck, someone nearby comes helps
    I'm usually in there on my own sadly. DB's are doing me fine for the moment though, have a 3-day split repeated twice weekly so largely not too many compound lifts going on.

ReputationRep:
    to be honest, i think dumbells are better than barbells

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.