The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oblivious
shouldn't you have protein at every meal?

Shake? Or just in the meal? Either way you don't need too.. aslong as you get the requirements you should be digesting then it's okay.
Reply 21
I will try the weight idea - what are crunches?
Like a situp, but sitting all the way up instead of just part of the way like with situps.
Will running help to build the muscle or will I need to do the extra weighted exercises for my legs as well?
Running will certainly help build leg muscle but in a different way, more endurance rather than strength. Incorporate the leg weights in to strengthen your legs much quicker. Of course, keep the running. Running is the best exercise you can do in my opinion. Squats, lunges, leg press and calve raise is a good leg workout.
Am I doing anything glaringly obvious wrong?
No, just incorporate leg exercises.
Reply 22
oblivious
shouldn't you have protein at every meal?

:confused: I am having protein in every meal!
my friends uncle is mr olympia, thats his stage name..is that what they call it?,...hes apparently a famous bodybuilder..
xxxx
Reply 24
Markus Angelsdaughter
Im up for it, like dyslexic banana said, im not exactly a proper bodybuilder. But weight train and interested in all that.

Welcome:wink:
Reply 25
BBGirl
I wanna join, I wanna join!:biggrin:

I work out 4 times a week, usually like this:

Mon - Chest and Back (Heavy)
3 sets of 8 - 12 reps
Bench Press weight up to 20kg
Peck Deck - wut 20kg
Pulldowns - wut 60lbs
Dumbell Flyes - wut 16kg
Bent-over dumbell rows - wut 18kg

Tues - Legs
3 x 8 - 12 reps
Squats - wut 100kg
walking lunges - wut 20kg
leg extensions - wut 60lbs
leg curls - 60 lbs
calve raises - wut 75kg

Wed - rest

Thurs - Biceps and Triceps
tricep pushdowns - wut 40kg
weighted dips - wut 10kg
tricep ext - wut 10kg
barbell curls - wut 15kg
concentration curls - wut 14lbs

Fri - Chest and Back (Light)
As on monday but cut the weight by half

Cardio is usually alot of walking (15,000 steps at very fast pace), 30 mins HIIT on elliptical trainer or HIIT on bike in park.

My usual diet:

9.30 - A choc myoplex with oats or a bowl of fruit n fibre

11.30 - apple, coffee, cottage cheese

12-00 - 1.00pm - post-workout - protein shake with udo's oil and a handful of berries

3.00 - Chicken/fish with salad drizzled with balsamic vinegar and olive oil or veg and a small jacket potato with cottage cheese OR a brown pitta with tuna and tomatoes

5.00 - apple and coffee, cottage cheese

7.30 - chicken or fish with salad or veg

I usually make my chicken by marinading chicken strips in lemonjuice, olive oil and 1 tbspn tandoori powder for 2hrs or overnight and grill in the foreman.

AND NO...........I don't even remotely resemble a bloke!:rolleyes:

Im liking the incorporation of supersets:wink: But what about shoulders?? i think for your PWO you need more carbs..because you only have protein and fruits..plus there s a big gap after that ie..until 3pm..just a suggestion though:wink:
Reply 26
as I promised..I will put up my abs routine..(i will start it probably in 2 weeks..havent worked abs for approx 2 months..)

first..obviously, warm up with stretching and do about 20-30 crunches..
This workout in total should last approx 10-15 mins so not long:wink: The trick to this is that you have no rest between the exercises..

1- Lie on a decline bench (if you don't have one doesnt mata..straight bench/mat wil do)..legs straight..bend your knees towards your chest slowly and then legs straight out..repeat this..12-15 reps

2- Leg/hip raises..lie on a bench/mat anything flat and have your legs at a right angle..then lift your hips up..but not your back..and then down again..12-15 reps

REMEMBER..NO RESTING in-between!!

3- Side crunches..12-15 reps

4- Sit on a chair and bring your knees to your chest..and then down again..12-15 reps

FInish off with about 10 crunches and stretch for about 30 seconds..then do a few stomach vacuums..these are basically sitting on your hands and knees like a dog lol..and pulling your stomach in whilst exhaling (you should hold that position for about 5 seconds)

That's your first cycle..repeat that again second time..and you should feel your stomach burning:wink:
Reply 27
P1mP
as I promised..I will put up my abs routine..(i will start it probably in 2 weeks..havent worked abs for approx 2 months..)

first..obviously, warm up with stretching and do about 20-30 crunches..
This workout in total should last approx 10-15 mins so not long:wink: The trick to this is that you have no rest between the exercises..

1- Lie on a decline bench (if you don't have one doesnt mata..straight bench/mat wil do)..legs straight..bend your knees towards your chest slowly and then legs straight out..repeat this..12-15 reps

2- Leg/hip raises..lie on a bench/mat anything flat and have your legs at a right angle..then lift your hips up..but not your back..and then down again..12-15 reps

REMEMBER..NO RESTING in-between!!

3- Side crunches..12-15 reps

4- Sit on a chair and bring your knees to your chest..and then down again..12-15 reps

FInish off with about 10 crunches and stretch for about 30 seconds..then do a few stomach vacuums..these are basically sitting on your hands and knees like a dog lol..and pulling your stomach in whilst exhaling (you should hold that position for about 5 seconds)

That's your first cycle..repeat that again second time..and you should feel your stomach burning:wink:

That is so easy i cant believe it lol.

I do:

Crunches on a swiss ball with a medicine ball behind my head - 100 times
Crunches with my legs on the ball - 100 times
Twisting sit ups - 100 times
Normal stomach crunches - 100 times
Side planks - 100 seconds with pulses
Front plank - 100 seconds
Swiss ball raises, bringing the ball up to my hands with my legs then back down again - 25
Crunch, pulse at the top twice and back down - 50
Hanging leg raises - 15
Straight leg crunches - 150

Then im done :smile:.
Reply 28
Elipsis
That is so easy i cant believe it lol.

I do:

Crunches on a swiss ball with a medicine ball behind my head - 100 times
Crunches with my legs on the ball - 100 times
Twisting sit ups - 100 times
Normal stomach crunches - 100 times
Side planks - 100 seconds with pulses
Front plank - 100 seconds
Swiss ball raises, bringing the ball up to my hands with my legs then back down again - 25
Crunch, pulse at the top twice and back down - 50
Hanging leg raises - 15
Straight leg crunches - 150

Then im done :smile:.

HAHA..try doing it..btw I actually do it 3 times not 2x..and its not about hw many reps you do etc..how about you try it..you will see how effective it is..plus..this is to help your abs bulge out..as opposed to getting washboard stomach..which is probably your workout..and btw...straight leg crunches are pointless:p: and 100 seconds..etc..if you time it..I don't find it effective because ppl tend to rush them..so theres no deep workout for the abs:smile:

but whatever works for you:wink:
Reply 29
I'll give your routine a go but i might add some weight or something aye :wink:.
Reply 30
Elipsis
I'll give your routine a go but i might add some weight or something aye :wink:.

Defo..I guarantee it will work..I would ty yours but don't have a swiss ball..plus..Im startin abs in 2 weeks..so then I can worry all about abs:wink:
jus dont add heavy weights to that routine..and good luck..let us know of your progress..say after a week or so:wink:
Reply 31
P1mP
Defo..I guarantee it will work..I would ty yours but don't have a swiss ball..plus..Im startin abs in 2 weeks..so then I can worry all about abs:wink:
jus dont add heavy weights to that routine..and good luck..let us know of your progress..say after a week or so:wink:

For ages i forgot to work my lower back because there are no machines at my gym for it because apparently they do you no good? Anyway i started exercising it again and it has done me so much good and has made me well balanced :smile:. When i've finished my a-levels im gonna follow the strictest diet and exercise plan ever!
Reply 32
Elipsis
For ages i forgot to work my lower back because there are no machines at my gym for it because apparently they do you no good? Anyway i started exercising it again and it has done me so much good and has made me well balanced :smile:. When i've finished my a-levels im gonna follow the strictest diet and exercise plan ever!

Exactly..I never used to exercise back aswell..when I did I saw gainsss:smile: and legs as the same..Ive started serious training since 2 weeks now with mad leg workouts and Im feelin it already..I had lost almost a stone.because I hadnt trained for months..but Im slowly gaining it back:smile:
Reply 33
shouldn't this be in H&R? and if this society actually makes it as a society then god help us, especially considering the 'leader'.
Reply 34
Bis
shouldn't this be in H&R? and if this society actually makes it as a society then god help us, especially considering the 'leader'.
Its just a bit of fun mate. Join in :smile:.
Reply 35
Bis

Why are you hating? and what's wrong with the 'leader' ?????:mad:
Reply 36
P1mP
what's wrong with the 'leader' ?????:mad:

there is a limit of a few hundred characters per message on here, so i can't answer that.
Reply 37
Bis
there is a limit of a few hundred characters per message on here, so i can't answer that.

Loser..get outta this tread if you don't like the leader:mad:
Reply 38
Its idiots like you that spoil a genuine thread/society like this and force me to get rude..IM genuinely trying to help ppl..and myself..so if you are not goin to add anything useful..leave!!
Reply 39
Bis

lmao my thoughts exactly! :wink:

Latest