Turn on thread page Beta

Bodybuilding society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Oh sorry, not a great deal. I've just been doing 8-10 rep X 3 of 40kg as of late, i might be able to do more but it would only be for a few reps.

ReputationRep:
    you been bodybuilding for long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redluc)
    Oh sorry, not a great deal. I've just been doing 8-10 rep X 3 of 40kg as of late, i might be able to do more but it would only be for a few reps.
    So why do you need a spotter?

ReputationRep:
    well 40kg is considered heavy by him. Everyone at different levels

ReputationRep:
    yeah isnt the idea that you're lifting so that you can only do 8 or so reps. so he might need a spotter after the 7th/8th rep.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose, but even if you're arms gave way, you could rest it down onto your chest...well, at least I used to.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but once you get into the heavier weights, i dont think your rib cage will support it

ReputationRep:
    anyway, working out alone isn't recommended, not until your sure what you're doing

ReputationRep:
    What's everyones bulking workouts? I need a new one.

ReputationRep:
    exact exercises or training split?

i currently changed to a 4 day split:
    arms,
    shoulders&traps,
    back&lats
    chest&legs

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'm looking for a 4 day regime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi3f)
    exact exercises or training split?

i currently changed to a 4 day split:
    arms,
    shoulders&traps,
    back&lats
    chest&legs
    i do legs on their own. how the hell do you manage to keep going and do chest as well?

ReputationRep:
    well i really dont emphasis legs much, yeah i know legs are important etc, but i usually do squats mainly. have to include squats somewhere in my regime and chest has the least exercises

ReputationRep:
    So do any of you have bulking regimes for me to do across the summer? I want to build strength, not just size (regarding improving weights on bench etc.)

ReputationRep:
    Actually spotter is best because when ur on ur own, psychologically theres a barrier/fear of weight dropping etc so u may not be actually benching ur max..secondly, what if ur arms giv out, then what eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElWilson)
    So do any of you have bulking regimes for me to do across the summer? I want to build strength, not just size (regarding improving weights on bench etc.)
    Im kinda doin sumfin similar, but more of a clean bulk..kinda thing..
    Well, if you wanna improve ur bench, u gota get stronger tris aswell. Best with a partner/spotter so u can really push ur maximum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    Actually spotter is best because when ur on ur own, psychologically theres a barrier/fear of weight dropping etc so u may not be actually benching ur max..secondly, what if ur arms giv out, then what eh?
    I agree with that statement alot.

ReputationRep:
    I also need a bulking 4 day split for over the summer. The only equipment I've got are weights, bench (incline), chinup bar.

Will rep any peeps that can help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi3f)
    you been bodybuilding for long?
    Not long, about 6 weeks ish. I'm not going to come on and talk nonsense about how i can bench 200 pounds because there's not much point.

3 day split, twice weekly.

Day 1 - Biceps/Chest
    Day 2 - Triceps/Back
    Day 3 - Shoulders/legs

Day 4 - Off

Repeat for 5,6,7

And yes, i have a fear of doing benchpress without a spotter. I once dropped a bar on my chest with no-one around. Scary stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    I also need a bulking 4 day split for over the summer. The only equipment I've got are weights, bench (incline), chinup bar.

Will rep any peeps that can help!
    4 day split (well my 4 days split without cables or machines)

Day 1 (chest & legs)

*Squats
    *Incline Dumbell Press
    *Horizontal Wide Grip Bench Press
    *Decline Wide Grip Bench Press
    *Fly Pecs with dumbells

Days 2 (Back)
    *Deadlifts
    *Bent Over barbell rows
    *Good Mornings
    *One Arm Dumbell Rows
    *Pull Ups

Day 3 (Arms)
    *Wide Grip Barbell Curl
    *Close Grip Bench Press (decline if possible)
    *Close Grip Barbell Curl
    *Skull Crushers
    *Alternating Hammer Curls
    *One arm overhead extentions
    *Concentration Curls Drop sets to failure

Days 4 (Shoulders)
    *Military Press
    *Side Lateral Raise
    *Front Barbell Raise
    *Barbell Shrugs

Thats basically all i do, 3 sets of 6 typically, had to leave out the machines and cables because you dont have any.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.