Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A quick apology to all those ppl who officially signed up..as I wasnt quite sure how to check join requests, but I figured it out..unfortunately 3 or 4 ppl could not be signed up, as they cancelled their requests and also the following members have joined too many societies: Lapsaj, motoroller
    Anyway, welcome to the other 19 official members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince21)
    Who Ever Gave Me Neg Rep Can Go **** Himself U ****ing **** About How Is That Spam U Idiot Mans So Pissed Offf
    Don't worry about it dude
    *Sits quietly in the corner with his 3 red gems*

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, jus thought Id start an interesting discussion...
    Mass v Symmetry ie in terms of pro boybuilding..because it seems to me that the judging is weighing way too much towards mass and perhaps underrating proportion, symmetry etc..(my opinion, anyway) What do ppl think?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, there's a point when the mass these guys are packing on seems really unnatural. like arnold, even tho he used some roids, seemed like a human for the most part - just bigger. same with zane etc. now you look at ronnie and think, jesus, there's no way anyone would want to be like that. thing is, you can't say how much mass is too much because these guys aren't really losing proportion, all their muscles are in proportion but just ginormous.

ReputationRep:
    biggie-n, what part of India you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    Don't worry about it dude
    *Sits quietly in the corner with his 3 red gems*
    Someone's repped you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    Someone's repped you.
    Wahoo..but not meaning to sound ungrateful, but I didnt start this society for rep (in case anyone thinks that) btw thnx to the person that repped me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    yeah, there's a point when the mass these guys are packing on seems really unnatural. like arnold, even tho he used some roids, seemed like a human for the most part - just bigger. same with zane etc. now you look at ronnie and think, jesus, there's no way anyone would want to be like that. thing is, you can't say how much mass is too much because these guys aren't really losing proportion, all their muscles are in proportion but just ginormous.

Hmm, I suppose, but if I had a choice, I would pick Zane over Coleman anyday

ReputationRep:
    hypothetically, if my friend was thin and wanted to put on a few pounds and get slightly more muscular nothing dramatic. just slightly more muscular. what would he/she have to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by woodlebert)
    hypothetically, if my friend was thin and wanted to put on a few pounds and get slightly more muscular nothing dramatic. just slightly more muscular. what would he/she have to do?
    Think logically on this one. To put on a few pounds, you basically eat more. But obviously you can't eat crap, focus on getting a decent balanced diet with emphasis on protein. Good protein sources are lean meats, eggs, fish etc.

Now use this protein to help get muscle mass by working out. Lift heavy. Do basic compound movements, and target all areas of the body (including legs!). Work with a weight that you can only complete 6-8 reps for, and do 3 sets.

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    Wahoo..but not meaning to sound ungrateful, but I didnt start this society for rep (in case anyone thinks that) btw thnx to the person that repped me
    Yeah but theres no harm in a little rep, especially to try and get you in the green.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    Hmm, I suppose, but if I had a choice, I would pick Zane over Coleman anyday
    I agree.

Zane > Coleman. There's a line, and I think Ronnie's crossed it. But hey, if you like it like that...

ReputationRep:
    I repped him, i only did it cos i hate seeing people in the red :p: And i didnt have anyone else to rep. Nice society by the way, i directed someone here from a thread in H and R, dont think they found their way as of yet.
    Toodles!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~NC~)
    I repped him, i only did it cos i hate seeing people in the red :p: And i didnt have anyone else to rep. Nice society by the way, i directed someone here from a thread in H and R, dont think they found their way as of yet.
    Toodles!
    That's nice of you. Just checked out your profile: What rank are you?

ReputationRep:
    Surely it's better to place shrugs on a different day to military press? I do anyway..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Surely it's better to place shrugs on a different day to military press? I do anyway..
    You might want to shove a quote in that post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    Think logically on this one. To put on a few pounds, you basically eat more. But obviously you can't eat crap, focus on getting a decent balanced diet with emphasis on protein. Good protein sources are lean meats, eggs, fish etc.

Now use this protein to help get muscle mass by working out. Lift heavy. Do basic compound movements, and target all areas of the body (including legs!). Work with a weight that you can only complete 6-8 reps for, and do 3 sets.

Hope that helps!
    thanks :cool: sorry i was so clueless, my hypothetical friend is very skinny and rarely puts on weight regardless of what he eats

ReputationRep:
    thanks :cool: sorry i was so clueless, my hypothetical friend is very skinny and rarely puts on weight regardless of what he eats
    No, it's good you asked. That's what we're here for.

Most things like this are logical like eat more, but don't listen to crap that some people say to eat whatever you can including crap. If your 'hypothetical friend' wants to post a new diet on here for us to comment on, feel free (to tell him/her )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~NC~)
    Toodles!
    :suith: hugss

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry i was the same
    Once i lost 4KG in a week
    but so far i jus been gaininnnnnnn
    Ok..I suggest, double ur calorie intake..consume about 30g more protein than ur consumin now a day
    Also, try to eat clean (ie refrain from takeaways)

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.