Bodybuilding society Watch

CorpusNinja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by x.narb.x)
Get a buchsteiner mixboy or mixchamp, only £2-5, absolutely amazing.
thats the one. i got the mixchamp for about 2.50
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
question: when cutting, I presume you come off the creatine so your body can draw energy from your fat reserves rather than the creatine. not sure so wondering...
d00d
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If i was on a cut, i'd personally stay on the CEE, but if im retaining water as you can do with creatine then i'd gradually take it out of my diet.

What works best for you i suppose.
Stone
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by biggie-n)
question: when cutting, I presume you come off the creatine so your body can draw energy from your fat reserves rather than the creatine. not sure so wondering...
Thats a really good question!

Not sure what the answer is but I presume that if you take creatine in the morning, like with breakfast, and then weight train early mid afternoon, wouldnt you think the creatine would be used or mostly used whilst weight training?

Then do your cardio maybe late at night, where theres a low amount of creatine in your body i.e. natural level or do cardio first thing in the morning after waking before taking cee at breakfast, this way maybe you can keep the cee in but not comprimise the cardio for using more fat for energy.

Like I said, I dont know the answer but Im just having a stab in the dark?
Kind of makes sense if you know what I mean?

I really wouldnt be worried about retaining water until hitting single bf %, then if you get the water down, your look that little bit extra cut up. Fat holds alot of water as well, so lower the fat, less water.
Chi3f
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i didnt know your meant to take creatine in the morning, mines says straight after a workout and before you sleep =/
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
In the morning on non-workout days, immediately after workout on workout days.

Either way, it needs to be taken with dex/maltodex.

Also, no need to take creatine out whilst cutting, it'll help maintain strength which is important, and it doesn't hinder fat loss.
Chi3f
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
why? whats dex/maltodex do?
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dextrose and maltrose are simple carbs which help move the creatine in the blood straight to the muscles where its more likely to be absorbed than if it is left to its own devices i.e. no carbs with it. thats what these overpriced products like CellTech do - they combine creatine and carbs, something you can do yourself much cheaper.

thanks for the replies guys, i think ill stay on it for a bit and see how it goes. it'll save me reloading again.
Chi3f
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ah yes mine contains maltrodextrose already, cool stuff
Stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
CEE tastes so rank though.

I mix it with jelly and just down it or put it in a shot of juice, down it then drink half a cup of juice after. CEE kicks you in the ass because of its taste lol.

Got gym today, woohoo

Back and tri's

Wide grip pull down, Seated row, DL's, Bent over bb row (over hand grip)
Skull cruchers and cable pushdowns

Probably include some abs as well

PWO - protein + l glutamine shake
PPWO - 200g beef , 150g brown rice and 100-150g green veg + a spoon of olive oil. Yumm, oh yeah, and sugar free jelly with fruit for dessert.
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
damn! didn't know they did sugar free jelly for dessert. gotta get me some of that...how much glutamine do you take a day? i get 15 grams from my mixed protein shake. i think thats enough right?
Stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Errrrm, glutamine, like just on its own, I take about 5g a day. Im not sure how much is included in my shakes.

Yeah, sugar free jelly is the bomb, I use it for sugar and hunger cravings, a quarter pint of the stuff is 9 cals . You can easily burn that and more off just walking once round the garden!

Im still cutting, for some reason, my body is taking long to produce results compared to last year even with more improvements, I guess I have to up the cardio, *sigh. Dont want to mess with current diet, its fine, taking about 1600 cals each day, dont want to lower that amount at all.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
1600kcals is very low, how tall are you?
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
meh cardio is boring as hell. did some today and 30 mins on a treadmill seems like an hour rather than the puny time it feels like when lifting. so cut your cals you fatty...
Stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Narbie, Im 5ft 7. Weigh 185lbs, body fat guesstimate around 14-15%, top 4 abs show when tensed, then they just look fuzzy when relaxed but you can still see a hint of them lol. Ah well, least Im on the way there.

Currently getting about:
250g protein = 1000 cals
75g carbs (only from brown rice, wholemeal pitta, and shredded wheat)= 300 cals
Have no idea on fat, its included in the mackarel, sardines, olives so perhaps, maybe 40 odd g? = 360 cals

Brings it to about 1660 cals, oh yeah plus 3 servings of jelly, 1/4 pint each serving with milk, perhaps 15 cals?

1705 cals I reckon.

Yeah sorry not 1600 cals then, 1700 cals.

Cardio at least half hour mon-fri, 4 x weight training. Mon, weds, fri am empty stomach (or just a bit of glutamine), tues and thurs pm.

Giving it another 4 weeks before tweaking again, trying to lose minimum of 0.5% bf per week.
Stone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by biggie-n)
meh cardio is boring as hell. did some today and 30 mins on a treadmill seems like an hour rather than the puny time it feels like when lifting. so cut your cals you fatty...
Get your MP3 player and put on some House music! woooooo
P1mP
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Welcome 3 new members
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can someone help me with a buking diet. What percentage of fat, protein, carbs do people think is best?
CorpusNinja
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i find it hard to work out percentages in my diet so i stick to the 1-1.5grams protein per pound rule and keep bad fats to a minimum. the good fats you'll get anyway from eating lots of healthy food so i don't count. carbs is difficult, but i dont take any about 2-3hrs before bed but definitely take a ****load before any workout. sure some of that may not be used and may then be stored as fat, but thats the (small) price of bulking, since its better than having too few carbs and going catabolic.
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cheers biggie.

I'm running out meal ideas.

What do you usually have pre-workout and post-workout?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (98)
25.45%
No (287)
74.55%

Watched Threads