Turn on thread page Beta

Bodybuilding society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    sorry If my post was a bit confusing but I have done 3 chin ups this morning but can't seem to be able to do more than that. So should I still try and stick to what you said CH3IF and do some lat pull downs so that I can do more chin ups?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I guess so.

Don't what the other members might think, but theres this US Navy program I read about where they put a chinup bar on their door frame and do them whenever they pass through the door, strictly. They managed to get the numbers up really high after a while so it might be worth a shot?

ReputationRep:
    lapsaJ's method might well work but it makes sense not to overtrain. Like doing a couple of chinup sets to failure every 2/3 days might be ok. In fact, if you have it at home you're more likely to do it more often and actually overtrain.
    i'm not sure, what do others think? surely the best way to train lats is like any other muscle group?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    lapsaJ's method might well work but it makes sense not to overtrain. Like doing a couple of chinup sets to failure every 2/3 days might be ok. In fact, if you have it at home you're more likely to do it more often and actually overtrain.
    i'm not sure, what do others think? surely the best way to train lats is like any other muscle group?
    Yeah, you're probably right. After all, they only did it so they could do a specific number under timed conditions...which is not what we're aiming for really.

ReputationRep:
    Best way is 2 ch3at..well if u can do at least 1 chin up with form then on ur second/third jus swing ur knees up and use the momentum to complete the chin up...after a while u shud b able to do a few etc

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone on here do one arm chins? :p:

ReputationRep:
    lol. what do you think we are? "muscle freaks"?

(no i cant)

ReputationRep:
    lol. what do you think we are? "muscle freaks"?

(no i cant)
    Hehe, of course.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your replies ch3if, Lapsaj and biggie_n. The tips are really appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jo_ukcrew03)
    Thanks for all your replies ch3if, Lapsaj and biggie_n. The tips are really appreciated.
    It seems like we're the only 3 regulars on here nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    yeah. or the rest are on hols. who knows.
    better still, they could be at the gym

ReputationRep:
    yeah. or the rest are on hols. who knows.
    better still, they could be at the gym
    Yeah lol, P1mp seems to be popping in out with the random comment. We need more people!

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'll come on more shall I?

Isn't it too hot weather at the moment, I'm sure my gym has no air conditioning

That, with the lack of apetite with the weather, is making going to the gym difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_L)
    Lol, I'll come on more shall I?

Isn't it too hot weather at the moment, I'm sure my gym has no air conditioning

That, with the lack of apetite with the weather, is making going to the gym difficult
    Yeah, come join us!

I know, I sweat proper loads in my home gym (quite small room).

ReputationRep:
    at least you don't have to put up with other ppl's sweat on equipment. if bloody disgusting - at least wipe it down with a towel: sheesh!

Solid L: that's why i think summer is the perfect time for cutting if you've bulked in the winter. no matter how small your gains, i guarantee they'll look MUCH better when ripped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    Can anyone on here do one arm chins? :p:
    Am i allowed to hold my wrist? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Am i allowed to hold my wrist? lol
    Nah, anyone can do those :p:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry guys..jus bin abit busy l8ly..esp with drivin lessons omgg..im goin crazzyy i hate DSA ruins my training aswell..aRRGHHH!!! neway enuf of the rant..
    Hmm..1 arm chins.never tried em before...interesting..im sure I could do at least 1..il let u all know l8r on when I try it

ReputationRep:
    yeh i just managed one today. boy did I look like an idiot in the weights room!

ReputationRep:
    yeh i just managed one today. boy did I look like an idiot in the weights room!
    Sweet, how much do you weigh?

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.