Turn on thread page Beta

Bodybuilding society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so got a question. I'm still a n00b n all so just testing things out. Ive been doing a few weeks on a 4 day split Ch3if posted in here..but my main aim is to initially to just put on a load of weight. So I was thinking, is there any point adding a few isolations in or shall I make it really basic? I came across the following and thought I'd have a look through:
    http://www.myprotein.co.uk/index.cfm...article&id=102

Shall I just go with a split like that?

Also, he said he got 6 meals in a day, but 3 of those were shakes. I didn't know people had so many shakes a day :s:. I've been cramming myself with food and managed to squeeze in 5 meals with a shake. Will replacing a couple of meals with shakes be just as good, as I'd find it much easier to keep going and resisting the urge to cheat.

ReputationRep:
    shakes are for between meals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    shakes are for between meals.
    Well that's what I thought. How many would you say I should have a day. I find it pretty difficult, but manage it, to get in about 3500 cals a day. I was just wondering if I could take a meal or two out for a shake (weight gain), or wouldnt you recommend this?

ReputationRep:
    Whey shakes as a meal? sod that, what crap advice!

get food in you, you dont have to eat it, you can blend it up and just down it. you can make a weight gain or mrp out of whey. can add bananas, dextrose, peanut butter, efa's, fish.

6 meals yes, but of all pretty much equal proportion. not 3 food meals and 3 'supplement meals'.

ReputationRep:
    ^^does the talking. i'm just backing it up. YES! he's right.
    i should probably start taking my diet as seriously as you kids once i start bulking. i'm doing it old skool and having a guestimate.

ReputationRep:
    its quite simple to be honest, well for me anyway.

1.5-2g per lb lean body weight. then split that up by 6 and use calorieking.com to find out how much protein for example in 100g chicken, beef or whatever there is. then make your measurements from there.

Carbs, unless cutting i stick to 2g per lb totaly body weight. i eat low gi carbs all the time, only high gi after a training session.

Fat is basically in what you should be eating, oily fish. you can also have olive oil, flax oil, udos but not so sure on the bio value of these products.

oh yeah, and get some scales, a blender and a foreman. those are my top 3 in the kitchen must haves! total can be bought for about 50 quid or less from ebay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)
    its quite simple to be honest, well for me anyway.

1.5-2g per lb lean body weight. then split that up by 6 and use calorieking.com to find out how much protein for example in 100g chicken, beef or whatever there is. then make your measurements from there.

Carbs, unless cutting i stick to 2g per lb totaly body weight. i eat low gi carbs all the time, only high gi after a training session.

Fat is basically in what you should be eating, oily fish. you can also have olive oil, flax oil, udos but not so sure on the bio value of these products.

oh yeah, and get some scales, a blender and a foreman. those are my top 3 in the kitchen must haves! total can be bought for about 50 quid or less from ebay.
    Cheers! That's helped. What shall I get for a weight gain shake? There's the one on the myprotein customiser 'Weight Gainer Elite', or should i get a different mix? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    Cheers! That's helped. What shall I get for a weight gain shake? There's the one on the myprotein customiser 'Weight Gainer Elite', or should i get a different mix? Thanks
    dont buy.

as used by many on another forum;

150ml milk
    200ml water
    40g peanut butter
    30g whey
    20g oats
    half banana

I dont bother with the water.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erk)
    dont buy.

as used by many on another forum;

150ml milk
    200ml water
    40g peanut butter
    30g whey
    20g oats
    half banana

I dont bother with the water.
    Cheers, I'll give that a go when I get some more whey. What do you recommend? Just WPC80?

ReputationRep:
    myprotein wpc80.

although at the mo i'm still using their flavoured stuff as at the time i had money. when it runs out ill be back on unflavoured.

ReputationRep:
    unflavoured whey with cold milk is brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    im tired of the unflavoured stuff, need some flavour, been using it for almost a year now and its getting so boring. doesnt matter, its protein anyway, just no flavour so its alright either way, and bloody cheaper too!

ReputationRep:
    i got some pro biotic muller drinks from ASDA for £1 (per pack of 6) so going to see what this tastes like in a whey shake.

ReputationRep:
    WEIGHT GAINERS R FAKE stuffed with sugar and bull****..jus makes ppl fat..as suggested, make ur own..much better but dont get too hung on supps either, the food is more important..cuz ppl seem 2 think supps will make sum magical tranformation...dead WRONG!

Neway..wts happnin fellow society members..i need sum motivation 2 start training again..iv becum lazy over the past 2 weeks and for a week now bin eating 1 meal a day

ReputationRep:
    Weight gainers arent too shabby, they have their place but I do know what your saying. My friend had one where with milk had about 600+ cals so would have contained alot of sugar and carbs I presume as its would only have about 40g max protein in it.

some motivation, have you any pics of when you were in your best condition? maybe print that out, then stand in the mirror and look at yourself naked, think, ****, is this how i physically want to look, what does my physique say about me?

or just watch dorian yates lol.

ReputationRep:
    Weight gainers arent too shabby, they have their place but I do know what your saying. My friend had one where with milk had about 600+ cals so would have contained alot of sugar and carbs I presume as its would only have about 40g max protein in it.

some motivation, have you any pics of when you were in your best condition? maybe print that out, then stand in the mirror and look at yourself naked, think, ****, is this how i physically want to look, what does my physique say about me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)

Did hv til i restored ma comp AArghh!! ye ima gt my ass up n rejoin gym 2moro n sort my diet out 2 i ****in ate crisps 2day im sooo pissed aarghh!!

now I feel better getting this off my chest gona jus bulk til september now..**** cuts(H) im goin up2 15% Bf I dont care..mwahaha

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who are getting tired of unflavoured whey, bulkpowders have a flavouring system to make shakes a heck of alot better.

Ive got orange cream and watermelon as the other ran out and they are lush. Go gem 'em/

ReputationRep:
    hey, what do you guys recommend as the best protein shake if your looking to bulk up and become strong, but also maintaining your figure to, like still looking toned up?

all replies appreciated, many thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well protein shakes alone to bulk up...hmm..

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.