Newayyyyy..*ignores the loser*
Back to training..
Tw!stEd
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not a body builder per se....
I do the opposite to alot of body builder's.....
lower weight, higher rep's, to increase muscle endurance ect..
I do have a body builderish diet.....High carb's and protein.....
I do 2 arm session's a week, 2 chest n back......
Each of these sesssions include ab's.
Also, I go running, and do some other cardio stuff...
lapsaJ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BBGirl)
:confused: I am having protein in every meal!
Yea, protein shakes are great. I usually have 2/3 a day (my own formula), and I started seeing gains in only 2 weeks.

Oh, and I'd join
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by P1mP)
as I promised..I will put up my abs routine..(i will start it probably in 2 weeks..havent worked abs for approx 2 months..)

first..obviously, warm up with stretching and do about 20-30 crunches..
This workout in total should last approx 10-15 mins so not long The trick to this is that you have no rest between the exercises..

1- Lie on a decline bench (if you don't have one doesnt mata..straight bench/mat wil do)..legs straight..bend your knees towards your chest slowly and then legs straight out..repeat this..12-15 reps

2- Leg/hip raises..lie on a bench/mat anything flat and have your legs at a right angle..then lift your hips up..but not your back..and then down again..12-15 reps

REMEMBER..NO RESTING in-between!!

3- Side crunches..12-15 reps

4- Sit on a chair and bring your knees to your chest..and then down again..12-15 reps

FInish off with about 10 crunches and stretch for about 30 seconds..then do a few stomach vacuums..these are basically sitting on your hands and knees like a dog lol..and pulling your stomach in whilst exhaling (you should hold that position for about 5 seconds)

That's your first cycle..repeat that again second time..and you should feel your stomach burning

Good quick workout, but to others out there - remember that doing this or any other set workout a few times every week for a few months will eventually stop producing good results. The key is to changing your routines, as the body adapts very quickly to changes - so trick it!
P1mP
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by lapsaj)
Yea, protein shakes are great. I usually have 2/3 a day (my own formula), and I started seeing gains in only 2 weeks.

Oh, and I'd join
HEHE..welcome..6 members now..:cool: 7 inc myself
P1mP
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tw!stEd)
I'm not a body builder per se....
I do the opposite to alot of body builder's.....
lower weight, higher rep's, to increase muscle endurance ect..
I do have a body builderish diet.....High carb's and protein.....
I do 2 arm session's a week, 2 chest n back......
Each of these sesssions include ab's.
Also, I go running, and do some other cardio stuff...
Woah!! that's a lot..but if that works for you.. all good..since I'm just getting back into training and have had soo many injuries due to basketball lol..I'm taking it easy..but by next month I shall increase the number of days I workout
P1mP
Rep:
?
Good quick workout, but to others out there - remember that doing this or any other set workout a few times every week for a few months will eventually stop producing good results. The key is to changing your routines, as the body adapts very quickly to changes - so trick it!
Ahh good point..I forgot to mention that this should only be done 2, maybe 3 times a week..and ye..I agree with you..change every month or so..personally..Im in favour of changing every 5 weeks approx
Bis
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rolleyes:
BBGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by P1mP)
Im liking the incorporation of supersets But what about shoulders?? i think for your PWO you need more carbs..because you only have protein and fruits..plus there s a big gap after that ie..until 3pm..just a suggestion though

Thanx P1mP, I don't do shoulders bcos they get a wo when I do back(pulldowns), arms, chest etc....If I even think about lateral raises.....I'll pull a kneck muscle or 2!!!

After my wo I have the p shake, then I do my cardio (fast walking) from the gym to my house which, if I go the long way round, takes about an hour......by the time I get home I have to go pick up my kids from school. Thats why I tend to eat at 3pm.........but it works for me. If I ate earlier...............i'd binge eat at around 4-5pm! This way I dont binge and am in control.

Btw.....do you guys have refeed days??? My refeed day is on Sundays. I'll start the day with 3 pancakes drizzled with maple syrup and bananas, have a muffin mid morning, burgers and chips for lunch, sweets and crisps mid afternoon, and pizza for dinner...............YUMMY!!

Apologies to those of you who are cutting at the mo!
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Refeed!!! Never!!

Yeah Im bulking, but not exactly 100% clean. I don't mind if I have like the odd takeaway or anything because I usually end up burning it off real quick anyway (the ecto that I am ). That's the reason why I've cut out all cardio apart from walking every day, I walk home from school every day which takes about 45 mins. Then I have to make up on that when I get home.

Im 16, male, and am getting just about 3000 calories a day. Not that bad, but I havent been bulking long - still seeing gains though.
BBGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh noooooo........I have to have a refeed day.........have you seen my usual diet.............that would not keep me sane, satisfied and it wouldn't last if I didn't have my refeed days.

I need my chocolate fix people!!!!! :rolleyes:
lapsaJ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BBGirl)
Oh noooooo........I have to have a refeed day.........have you seen my usual diet.............that would not keep me sane, satisfied and it wouldn't last if I didn't have my refeed days.

I need my chocolate fix people!!!!! :rolleyes:
Hehe,

Here's my usual diet:

7.30 - Actimel, Oats n Semi-Skimmed Milk, Banana, 2 diff cereal bars, protein shake

11.15 - Oat Bar, Apple

1.00 - Tuna Sandwich/Just a tin of tuna, Banana, Some other fruit - grapes, berries, protein shake

3.30 - Apple

5.00 - Cheese Salad Sandwich

7.30 - Chicken Breast/Goujons with a spoon on fajita powder, lemon juice and in the foreman , with salad.

9.00 - Protein - usually tin of tuna, few egg whites, cottage cheese. Protein Shake

And throughout the day I have loads of water (got creatine in my protein shake so need to keep my intake up).

My shake has 30% whey, 30% malodextrin, 30% ultra-fine scottish oats, 7% creapure (creatine monohydrate), 1% flax seed, 1% B6, 1% Glucosamine Sulphate...with strawberry flavouring and Sucra. Extra to sweeten it up.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hehe,

Here's my usual diet:

7.30 - Actimel, Oats n Semi-Skimmed Milk, Banana, 2 diff cereal bars, protein shake

11.15 - Oat Bar, Apple

1.00 - Tuna Sandwich/Just a tin of tuna, Banana, Some other fruit - grapes, berries, protein shake

3.30 - Apple

5.00 - Cheese Salad Sandwich

7.30 - Chicken Breast/Goujons with a spoon on fajita powder, lemon juice and in the foreman , with salad.

9.00 - Protein - usually tin of tuna, few egg whites, cottage cheese. Protein Shake

And throughout the day I have loads of water (got creatine in my protein shake so need to keep my intake up).

My shake has 30% whey, 30% malodextrin, 30% ultra-fine scottish oats, 7% creapure (creatine monohydrate), 1% flax seed, 1% B6, 1% Glucosamine Sulphate...with strawberry flavouring and Sucra. Extra to sweeten it up.
9 oclock seems quite late to me i think its not a good idea to eat 4 hours before bed, but i dunno when you go to sleep. Your shake seems to contain ALOT of carbs, do you do running or something?
Sithius
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
9 oclock seems quite late to me i think its not a good idea to eat 4 hours before bed, but i dunno when you go to sleep. Your shake seems to contain ALOT of carbs, do you do running or something?
What? Why 4 hours before bed.. it is actually good to eat just before bed. This way your body had more nutrients to feed off over night.
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
What? Why 4 hours before bed.. it is actually good to eat just before bed. This way your body had more nutrients to feed off over night.
I guess it depends what your aims are and where you are starting from.
Sithius
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Elipsis)
I guess it depends what your aims are and where you are starting from.
He's bulking though so surely he should be eating at, say 7 o clock, and 10...
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Sithius)
He's bulking though so surely he should be eating at, say 7 o clock, and 10...

I think that bulking involves eating more during the day, perhaps having some protein before bed.
Mark S
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by P1mP)
Welcome
Cheers mate
dyslexic_banana
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't know what Bis's problem is, but he's illustrated an attitude problem on more than one occasion before, so ignore him.

Oh, and, from what I gather, it's best not to eat may carbohydrates before bed, as the body, being very inactive, won't burn them off at all, and hence will store them as fat...or something along those lines. Protein, however, is good; something such as a protein shake is good to have before bed, or perhaps a can of tuna (if, indeed, you can stomach it (I tend to eat tuna with a large glass of water, to aid in washing it down my throat...)).

Any way: out of interest, to those who bicep curl dumbells, how much do you curl (i.e. six-eight repetitions, arm locked by side)?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads