Turn on thread page Beta

Bodybuilding society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know there's quite a few popular forums out there for bodybuilding and the like, but I was thinking of starting up one. My idea was for it to be a small friendly community where everyone knows each other. Similar to this thread really but more scope.

What do people think. I don't expect it to be huge as I know there's already lots out there. I have faults with other forums which is why I wouldn't mind starting a decent one up. (BB.com is full of 12 year olds flames, MT is poorly designed [ASP based forum]...)

So let me know what ya think, and if I get the heads up from some guys in here I'll go and make it.

ReputationRep:
    i see what you mean jaspal, its just that you'd have to be ready to moderate it pretty heavily to keep off spammers and stuff. and also the number of members will escalate on a reasonably good forum unless its exclusive, like by invite only. and you can't really stop 12 yr olds from joining, since its not illegal and you can't tell when they register...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    i see what you mean jaspal, its just that you'd have to be ready to moderate it pretty heavily to keep off spammers and stuff. and also the number of members will escalate on a reasonably good forum unless its exclusive, like by invite only. and you can't really stop 12 yr olds from joining, since its not illegal and you can't tell when they register...
    I know you can't stop them from joining, but tbh BB.com doesn't moderate their posts very well. If I did get a forum going, I wouldn't let the first 10 posts of a thread saying 'Are you on roids?' by 10 different people.

If people on here like the idea, and would like to moderate I could get something going.

ReputationRep:
    there's only one way to find out then...
    feel free to invite me

ReputationRep:
    Okay, cool. If I get a few more thumbs up from the regulars on here I'll get onto it.

ReputationRep:
    bearing in mind the regulars are in single figures...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    bearing in mind the regulars are in single figures...
    Hence, a few more thumbs up.

It would be great if there's about 3-4 mods to start with and let it grow. It'd have to be VBulletin (like TSR). I can't stand any of the others.

ReputationRep:
    You get my thumbs up, dunno if I count as a regular though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_L)
    You get my thumbs up, dunno if I count as a regular though :p:
    Cool! I'll get onto some designers and get a skin done and buy the forum and domain later next week.

And woo, 100th post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    Cool! I'll get onto some designers and get a skin done and buy the forum and domain later next week.

And woo, 100th post!
    You could always save your money and use a "freeforumhost" one

Just a thought

ReputationRep:
    ^^what i was thinking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_L)
    You could always save your money and use a "freeforumhost" one

Just a thought
    Naah. Design n that is really important to me.

ReputationRep:
    what name r u thinkin of?

ReputationRep:
    I'll PM you it. Want to secure it first.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome 2 new members:
    Romeo (love) & Kizer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kizer)
    Thanks so much biggie n, really really appreciate you going through the routine! Lots of good stuff there, I'll take it on board and make sure I get down the actual weights involved as well.

pimp - do you really think it's too much? It's now 24 hours later and i don't really feel sore. Will let you know how I feel after session tomorrow morning though.

Since ur a beginner I do think u wud overtrain after a few weeks of it..obviously u wont notice much difference yet.. maybe if you do 2 bodyparts per training day or sumfin abit less intense then it would be good..but end of the day its ur body, u wud know best

ReputationRep:
    Hey Lapsaj Im up for it 2..i like the idea suggested by sum1 of invitation only..sounds exclusive (H) lolz..if it looked nice design-wise and we cud stop spammers I would be happy to join..im getting kinda annoyed with TSR anyway, the mods are dictators

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone tell me how I work out how many calories in I need to be intaking daily to bulk up? Im about 150lbs and about 5"11 with low body fat!! Also, lemme join the club please

ReputationRep:
    if you're naturally thin - low body fat - then you needn't worry too much about counting calories. just eat a LOT! lol how helpful...
    so you're an ectomorph, i'd guess around 3500-4000

ReputationRep:
    Seriously??? That much... (sorry me again, just curious!) ? Surely if you are just eating loads, all you are going to do is put on fat? I can understand eating large amounts of carbs and protein to enable longer gym sessions and muscle building but won't eating that amount monkey around with your insulin levels??

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.