Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    Nah the min requirements are easy but who just wants to do the minimum? Besides, you get your ass whooped if you don't put in max effort. Also the more you can do in civvy street the easier it will be when you've got a beast of a PTI getting you to do x amount as part of your PT, especially when your stupidly tired! i didn't used to be able to do one press up and now average 14-16 full press ups (as in not girly ones) consecutively... would like to hit 20 by oct!
    I see your point. good luck with that.
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    OK, will try and inc protein and lower carbs but any tips on good protein foods... have tried inc intake before and did find it tricky... i don't eat chicken (or any poultry for that matter) and can't face a tin of plain tuna every day? If i'm going more protein based should I be eating little and often...? I'm having somewhere between 1.5 & 3 ltrs water a day... more?
    tuna obviously as you said, any fish really. but also egg white (avoid yolk if you can) and you really should consider chicken because its the leanest meat and you get a lot of protein from a little meat. try and stomach it. steak can be good for protein but it has to be lean. you should be fine on the water intake, just do the 'carry a bottle round at home' method, and you can't go wrong! pasta and rice is quite carb heavy so don't go overboard btw. i realised i used to have a lot of them early on in the quest for calories, but be reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lapsaJ)
    Hopefully buy the domain today and sort the design out this week.
    nice. how much does it cost? i hope you know a fair bit abt web design, coz i certainly don't!

ReputationRep:
    Domain is like a tenner. Getting someone to do the design for about £50, get it coded for about £50, and the forum costs about £100.

About £210 then, roughly.

ReputationRep:
    err...thats quite a lot. i thought it was you doing it, coz you were computer whizz or something. in which case - i hope you're rich!

ReputationRep:
    I could do it, but I don't really have the time. And I'm not rich, but it was my 17th last week so got some cash from then. The plan is, hopefully I'll make it back through an advertisement banner or something at the top of the page. (Not overcrowded like TSR though).

ReputationRep:
    hmm, ads might be a good idea. i don't really find TSR that crowded anyway...? either way, its a sound plan filled with ambition! why not try it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    i don't know you personally, and can't determine much from height/weight so i say experiment a bit. start off on a just-above-normal intake, then increase it gradually until you start seeing gains. that's the way to do it but you'll be surprised how much food you need if you have a fast metabolism, which i suspect you have since you said you had low BF.
    ok I will start on a 3000 calorie intake a day and see where I go from there. I will check my weight and body fat levels weekly to see if there are any gains at 3000. cheers

ReputationRep:
    give it a week or two before you make a decision tho. two/three days isn't gonna tell you much. just saying coz a lot of ppl expect magic results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    hmm, ads might be a good idea. i don't really find TSR that crowded anyway...? either way, its a sound plan filled with ambition! why not try it?
    Neither do I cos I'm a sub

You'll have to help me come up with ideas for forums later on lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah no worries. i might randomly disappear for 3/4 days tho - since i'm in the *******ly process of moving home...

ReputationRep:
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing..
    So far this summer has been a success.. Physique is looking better, lifts have gone up. Resting at the moment due to illness but should be back in the gym tomorrow. Hope everyone is getting the results they want.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redluc)
    Just checking in to see how everyone is doing..
    So far this summer has been a success.. Physique is looking better, lifts have gone up. Resting at the moment due to illness but should be back in the gym tomorrow. Hope everyone is getting the results they want.
    You were bulking right?

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be a member in the new forum - I am a regular, I just don't post that often.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna be a memeber of the new forum - I visit this post regularly I just don't post that often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    I wanna be a memeber of the new forum - I visit this post regularly I just don't post that often.
    Just a lurker eh?

Yeah, don't worry. I'll let you know in due course.

ReputationRep:
    Just a lurker eh?
    ah yes, I used to be one...until someone asked how to turn his lard to muscle.

ReputationRep:
    Fat turns into muscle easy. I've done it before so its true.

ReputationRep:
    Fat turns into muscle easy. I've done it before so its true.
    :eek: wait...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Everybody knows its the same process of turning lead into gold.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_L)
    Everybody knows its the same process of turning lead into gold.
    Exactly. You should see my stash of gold.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.