The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Alternatively, fry some chicken breasts in some butter and pesto (seriously). When one side is nearly done, and the other side is done, put pesto on the nearly done side, and put some mozarella on too. Carefully flip over, when the mozzarella is bubbling, take off the heat and serve, mozzarella side up. Dollop the pesto left in the pan on the chicken. Tastes fantastic.
Reply 721
redluc
Put on about 6 pounds of muscle since end of june. Bodyfat has dropped too (Newb gains - love it) so am quite happy with progress so far.

Cool! Keep up the good work!
Reply 722
ok kizer noted them down cheers, anymore?
kizer
Alternatively, fry some chicken breasts in some butter and pesto (seriously). When one side is nearly done, and the other side is done, put pesto on the nearly done side, and put some mozarella on too. Carefully flip over, when the mozzarella is bubbling, take off the heat and serve, mozzarella side up. Dollop the pesto left in the pan on the chicken. Tastes fantastic.

that sounds pretty nice actually. need to try it. cheers mate.:biggrin:
Reply 724
Welcome to our newest members: ghostface and general-david
Hi, I would like to join this society also. I started in training in january (took a two month break for exams)....so ive been training for about six months.

I have a pretty fast metabolism and as a result quite skinny. When i started training i weighed 57kg my arms were 10inches, now im 70kg and have 13 and 3/4 inch arms...is this a steady/slow/or progressive rate?

I include no cardio in my routine as i am already quite thin (15% body fat according to maximuscle website). I want to increase my stamina, how do i do this without cardio? increase reps? or shorten the rest time between each set?

cheers for the help
THE UNDERDOG
Hi, I would like to join this society also. I started in training in january (took a two month break for exams)....so ive been training for about six months.
hi there! nice to see you on here, we value our members seeing as they're so rare!
THE UNDERDOG

I have a pretty fast metabolism and as a result quite skinny. When i started training i weighed 57kg my arms were 10inches, now im 70kg and have 13 and 3/4 inch arms...is this a steady/slow/or progressive rate?
you sound a bit like me when i started, i have low bf as well. thats quite good progress, and i wouldn't be surprised to see you maintain that kind of growth either! sometimes ppl get newbie gains and think they'll get huge in no time but its not always like that.
THE UNDERDOG

I include no cardio in my routine as i am already quite thin (15% body fat according to maximuscle website). I want to increase my stamina, how do i do this without cardio? increase reps? or shorten the rest time between each set?
yes increased reps will help stamina overall, but its not going to help muscle building much. reducing rest time is perhaps a better way to go about it, but then you have to ensure you're not cutting rest to ridiculous levels, since the lactic acid build up has to be released sometime!
Ive been weightlifting now for 5 months, my split consists of squat, deadlift, bench days, a few other compound moves eg. Clean&Press and barbell rows, absolutely no isolation, still a beginner so dont have time for any complicated 5 times a week, training a bodypart each day routines. Its all good at the end of the day.
Frio3535
Ive been weightlifting now for 5 months, my split consists of squat, deadlift, bench days, a few other compound moves eg. Clean&Press and barbell rows, absolutely no isolation, still a beginner so dont have time for any complicated 5 times a week, training a bodypart each day routines. Its all good at the end of the day.

It doesnt have to be complicated 5 day routines. I train three days a week for one hour and manage to get in all my body parts

Monday: legs
Wednesday: shoulder/chest/biceps
Fridays: back/triceps/abs
Reply 729
For the beginner, a 3 day split with just compounds is great.

Just make sure you get your rest in and you're fine.
Reply 730
Guys, any chance you could have a look at my routine and give a bit of critique, i.e if i'm missing out any important lifts, too few sets etc.

Day 1

- 3 X 8 Hammer Curl
- 3 X 8 Bench press
- 3 X 8 Preacher Curl
- 3 X 8 Incline Bench
- 3 X 10 Wide grip Dips

Day 2

- 3 X 10 Wide grip pullups
- 3 X 8 Lying dumbbell tricep extension
- 3 X 8 Bent over Dumbbell rows
- 3 X 8 Tricep push-downs
- 3 X 6 Deadlift
- 3 X 10 Close grip dips

Day 3
- 3 X 8 Military press
- 3 X 8 Squat
- 3 X 8 Arnold press
- 3 X 10 Leg extension

Abs work is done 'every other day'.
That routine looks good, do you do it in that order? how long does it take you to complete it? Ive noticed you dont have any hamstring specific exercises so maybe include stiff leg deads instead of leg extensions. Just a thought.
Reply 732
Frio3535
Ive noticed you dont have any hamstring specific exercises so maybe include stiff leg deads instead of leg extensions. Just a thought.

Good idea, cheers for that :wink:

Order varies, I try to do the compounds first. I'm usually in the gym for about 45 minutes ish.. sometimes i get in a trance and forget what i'm actually doing, leading to me spending more time in the gym
Reply 733
How come you're doing abs every other day? They need rest just like every other muscle.
Reply 734
Christo
How come you're doing abs every other day? They need rest just like every other muscle.

Very Low intensity.
Reply 735
hi guys i've got a question for ya all,
i damaged my back this week while on holiday, i paid for one physio session while abroad and i'm having my spin xray'd tomorrow (now im back home). the physio told me to leave my weights for a few days and my doc says a few weeks, are there any light exercises/weights i can do without making my back worse as i really dont want to slide out of my routine? any advice would be good. TAR :smile:
Christo

ye there is quite alot of controverys about abs exercises. i personally have tried alot a things; once a week, 3 times week, and every day. i am doing everyday at the moment at the results r phenomenal. the things about ur core muscles (abdominals and obliiques) is that they have a much quicker recovery period than ur other muscles, so can be worked on alot quicker providing ur protein intake is high. buts its down to wat results u see.i am neil by the way, and have been body buiding on and off for 2 years now but have gotten very serious for last 6 months cause hopefully i wanna get sponsored by maximuscle or something. remember guys, diet is consider 60-70% the main influencer of bodybuilding gains. no matter how much ab exercies u do they will look crap unless u sort ur diet out. u get very visible abs bwlow 10% bodyfat- i am aiming for 5-6%. i wud love ne questions guys- i am doing nutrtion at kings college this year to give u an idea of my passion for bodybulding
zoe76
hi guys i've got a question for ya all,
i damaged my back this week while on holiday, i paid for one physio session while abroad and i'm having my spin xray'd tomorrow (now im back home). the physio told me to leave my weights for a few days and my doc says a few weeks, are there any light exercises/weights i can do without making my back worse as i really dont want to slide out of my routine? any advice would be good. TAR :smile:

Its funny you should say that because last night i damaged my back while squatting. I heard a really loud click from my upper back, it kills me to stand straight or open my ribcage, i think muscular irritation or worse still ive injured a disc. So i guess im gonna have to see a doctor and chiropractor or along those lines.
hi...

i'd like to sign up for this society...

Matt
Reply 739
Matt Mason
hi...

i'd like to sign up for this society...

Matt

:hello:

Go to socs, look for the BB soc and apply.

Latest