Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whoops. Sorry laPSAj. Just realised i put no spaces in lol. Genune mistake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olympic_rower)
    I quite impressed by your routine in which you only do basically do 3 exercises- simple but effective- and i see alot of people in the bodybuilding gym growing towards that way of bodybulding. I however prefer to have a greater range of specified movements so i can sculpt my body in a more controlled way- Your method seems like will give u bulk and explosive power, but not necessarily the chiselled effect. Also, i totally disagree with the idea that you can't put muscle and lose fat at same time. I certainly manage to; just takes alot longer to do so, and alot more persistence. I know alot of bodybuilders like to have very high calorific meal plan to put on lots of muscle disregarding amount of fat they put on, then few months later cut up on a lower calorie plan to lose to fat (and undesirably some muscle). That is wthout doubt most effective way in long run, but i know alot of people on here like myself want to stay ultra lean all the time, not going through phases where you are quite fat and generally look crap. And your point about the fish oils is a load of crap- you need them (or similar mono or polyunsaturated fats) no matter what your goals are- they keep you lean and act as a natural anti-catabolic. i know there alot of supplements one the market which are total waste of money, but certainly not these EFA'S (essential fatty acids) plus they are reasonably cheap for a months supply.
    Doing just basic compounds is great for the beginner wantint to bulk up. How many cals do you take in on a bulk btw?

He said apart from fish oils.

ReputationRep:
    yea if you look closely i did actually say - forget supplements "bar" whey, multivit, fish oils, cee..

i think the basic compound moves should be a big part of everybodies routine as they build overall strength and promote general good health. squats are known to work just about every muscle in the body.

i find these compound moves add bulk in every department (deadlift gud for biceps, bench - triceps/shoulders etc) so why waste time and potentially overtrain doing various isolated moves when you can just add overall muscle. to achieve the so called chiselled effect you bulk then you cut simple.

in terms of calories im not entirely sure on my current intake as about a year ago i was a complete noob to the world of bb although i did use the gym regularly i had no clue what i was doing, so since i got properly into bb ive just been on a continuous bulk where tbh i dont care about specific numbers, this will come into play when i start cutting.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah and i dont "just do the 3 moves" i also add another compound move that is slightly more isolated so i can tailor to specific split if neccessary

for example id add military press for shoulder development, or upright row for lats - these are still compound as both work the upper back and abs to some extent.

also i dont believe in ab work, heavy deadlifts/squats on a regular basis will give you amazing abs without numerous sets of various ab specific moves, which to me are a waste of time and effect.

ReputationRep:
    hi guys i've got into serious training in the gym and i was wondering if you could tell me if my stats are ok im 5"6 9st 6lb my waist is 28" hips 35" biceps 12.5 " quads 18" and calfs 14" ive been training since june, and have gained 6 lb i dont take suplements but i have a good diet, am i on the right track?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, i'm trying to increase my gains by improving my diet (eating 5-6 meals, upping protein) which has been cool over the holidays but when i go back to uni it's going to be hard to keep this up.
    I've decided having a bag of nuts and a protein drink handy will be a good idea but i need more ideas...how do you guys do it?

ReputationRep:
    Only joined this student site! don't know about anyone else but i found that after a year of doing weight training i put on a load of weight, but not really much definition as such! has anyone any tips on cutting?

ReputationRep:
    yer wrd up man. I think itz a gd idea bt the fing ya'll dunno if everyone iz @ da sme level ya gt me so itz gt a varied ya gt wot i'm syin coz a begginer sre wnt be able 2 du cables ya gt me..Generally gd idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jnorv)
    Only joined this student site! don't know about anyone else but i found that after a year of doing weight training i put on a load of weight, but not really much definition as such! has anyone any tips on cutting?
    If ya wna gt defination reduce da weight and pump mre sets coz mre weight results in less reps ya gt me..Reducing da weight will allow you to do more reps, personally i defined b4 i put on weight and has increased the weight gradually and du pyramids sets as well yer...hola hola

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, sure I'm gona sound like a pain in the @rse but could you type so that your words are legible? I'm sure you've got lots of valuable info but its no good if it can't be understood??

ReputationRep:
    Welcome 4 new members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olympic_rower)
    ye since they are the rules course i wll abide them. i think it is pretty ridiculous though- sometimes you are in a rush, and especially when you have to write long pieces of text like i do quite regulalrly, it is far more convenient. i expect most of us on here have a wide range of vocabularly, and people wishing to text type on here for ease of conveniency are not going to change that.

i frankly feel people that suppourt that rule all idiots- if they want to type full word it ups to them. but as i said, those are the rules so i bet get used to it.
    brrapp!! my sentiments exactly, anyway type how u like, (as long as we can understand it)this is our society, we dont need ta submit to the TSR dictators:P
    MODs are evil anyway..:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Austin226)
    hi guys i've got into serious training in the gym and i was wondering if you could tell me if my stats are ok im 5"6 9st 6lb my waist is 28" hips 35" biceps 12.5 " quads 18" and calfs 14" ive been training since june, and have gained 6 lb i dont take suplements but i have a good diet, am i on the right track?
    What is ur bf%?
    Also, the measurement is not ur biceps, its ur whole arm, since biceps are very small generally and triceps make up for 2/3 of the size of arms.
    But ur waust size is good though, means u wont have a problem getting a V-cut if your upper body is big

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what my body fat % is how do i work it out?

ReputationRep:
    cool we got a bodybuilding bit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    Okay, i'm trying to increase my gains by improving my diet (eating 5-6 meals, upping protein) which has been cool over the holidays but when i go back to uni it's going to be hard to keep this up.
    I've decided having a bag of nuts and a protein drink handy will be a good idea but i need more ideas...how do you guys do it?

ye u got the right idea. its essential to keep protein in take high, so invest in alot of protein shake (OPTIMUM NUTRTION is gd and cheap and can be found at monstersupplements.co.uk). it wud be better to have whole food meals to replace shakes but its so impractical for every meal to be that way especially when u r uni doing full time degree. wat i do is i measure my protein shake night before and put the powder in plastic sealable bags and take my empty shaker bottle (and extra water if not always possible to get to work) put it in my rucksack, and when i need some protein i basically whip out a bag and add some water. easy as that. but u will also need to have lot of carbs (even if u r cutting u need some amount of complex carbs) so prepare ur meals night b4 e.g. porridge and store in fridge for morning. sounds like hard work mate, but to get results u got to work for it.

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah, as nasty as it tastes (in my opinion) tins of tuna are brilliant thing to take with u. all nutrional profile a bodybuildrr wants. they can be stored for ages, can take a battering whle in the tin, no worry of going off in ruck sack, so long as u have a tin opener there is a meal whenever u need it. however, try to buy tuna in springwater or sunflower oil (mite not be suitable if on calories restricted diet). tuna in brine water is bad news. stupid amount of salt in just one tin (above quarter daily requirements), and too much salt wil cause unwanted water retention under skin, making u less defined nd giving u a bloated looking face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    Sorry, sure I'm gona sound like a pain in the @rse but could you type so that your words are legible? I'm sure you've got lots of valuable info but its no good if it can't be understood??
    Couldn't have said it better myself. I didn't even bother to read the previous few posts - requires too much effort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    brrapp!! my sentiments exactly, anyway type how u like, (as long as we can understand it)this is our society, we dont need ta submit to the TSR dictators:P
    MODs are evil anyway..:mad:
    It might be your society, but it's not your forum.

(Original post by TSR Rules)
    No txt spk
    Do not use text speak or CAPITALS.

ReputationRep:
    I Am Sorry But Ur Just A Prat

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.