Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by just t)
    if your not "ON" i doubt you gained 1lb of pure muscle!
    u just have to eat the right amount of protein per day..

and lets not forget: muscle memory. 2 weeks and 7 lbs isnt too tough. thats only 3 kgs approx. and i lost 15 lbs in 15 days lol. i went from 180 to 165.

i dont particularly care if u feel im "ON" or "OFF" coz those who are my mentors know what i am on/off (lol)...

chill bro...u appear to be a dude here and i have no interest in stepping on ur toes. im just saying: i did what i did. and ur right: not all of it was muscle. i gained 3 lbs of water too. no kidding.

but hey: u spoke about overall net weight gain, right?

and even if we dont consider a guy like me who is "ON" something, have u heard of one of the BEST strength training coaches Mr. Mark Rippetoe? the author of the award winning book: Starting Strength for Beginners? well in case u havent (which i find impossible because u appear to know a LOT about lifting): he is one of the foremost coaches when it comes to adding lean muscle mass to teens wanting to gain strength. his trainees gain an average mass of 30 lbs (lean) per year. i have done his program and added 250 lbs to all my lifts (250 lbs = overall tonnage) in 8 weeks. but let us not consider me. there's the dude over at bb.com whom we refer to as "the starting strength pimp" because he put on 800 LBS to all his 3 core lifts in 12 weeks of the program.

peace

Matt Mason

ps: if u want the book starting strength (a must have), here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Stren...e=UTF8&s=books

ReputationRep:
    just a q out of the blue. but i see you have an indian flag but your name doesn't seem to match. and you live in the US. so i'm a bit confused. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    just a q out of the blue. but i see you have an indian flag but your name doesn't seem to match. and you live in the US. so i'm a bit confused. lol
    hehe

1.) im indian

2.) matt mason is a screen name

3.) im an international student in the us of a

:lol:

ReputationRep:
    fair enough! it was just a bit puzzling! lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biggie-n)
    fair enough! it was just a bit puzzling! lol.
    i understand why it can be puzzling...no probs...

ReputationRep:
    im just asking this for the sake of info:

how much do y'all lift on the big core lifts? these are:
    1.) standing military presses
    2.) bench press
    3.) rows
    4.) squat
    5.) deadlift

it doesnt matter what u do now. what have u done HEAVIEST?

let me start off by speaking about mine

@ 5'7 and 180 lbs i have:
    1.) military press = 135 lbs x 5 reps
    2.) bench press = 210 lbs x 1 rep
    3.) rows = 185 lbs x 5 reps
    4.) olympic squats = 310 lbs x 1 rep
    5.) deadlift = 350 lbs x 1 rep

so, how much do y'all lift? i think im a weakiling. no kidding.

ReputationRep:
    @6,1" , 196lbs

1.) 176lbs mil press (no leg drive)
    2.) 242 bench press
    3.) 154x4 strict parallel rows
    4.) 297lbx1 squat (ass about 6 inches from touching floor absolutley as low as i can possibly go)
    5.) 352x1 deadlift

ReputationRep:
    @6,1" , 196lbs

2.) 242 bench press
    4.) 297lbx1 squat (ass about 6 inches from touching floor absolutley as low as i can possibly go)
    5.) 352x1 deadlift
    awesome...!! keep it up

ReputationRep:
    Probably the dumbest question on the society but is Fitness First a gym? It's right down the street to me but I'm not sure. Anyone go there?

ReputationRep:
    yeah its a gym but its also very expensive and i don't think you get what you pay for. look for cheaper gyms with similar free weights equipment as long as you know what you're doing.

ReputationRep:
    Hey ive just found this society and i wanna join.. i've been working out for just over a year now and i live eat and breathe bodybuilding lol.. am glad to find some people who enjoy working out like i do.. most of my friends look at me as if im weird for wanting to put my body through this much stress but i love it.. what kind of training splits u guys use?

ReputationRep:
    monday- chest/triceps
    tuesday- back / biceps
    wednesday- rest/cardio
    thursday- shoulder/traps
    friday- legs baby

i wldve joined also but leader is inactive i think so cant accept us lol

ReputationRep:
    Can someone recommend me some cheap squat stands I can get? At the moment I've got a York 234 Bench...I'm either going to keep that and get squat stands OR buy a small bench and squat stands (and sell my current bench).

ReputationRep:
    i think a squat stand is a waste of money...coz then ur gona have to buy alot of weight as legs are not arms lol...they can take alot ALOT more weight...thus taking up more space and more of ur cash. I normally squat at the gym if i have to or find some other alternative, i like leg press myself ...im the king at that lool. But if u want one try ebay...or ask amtes to sell you their ones as 2nd hand is cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    I've got the weights, just can't really do squats at home at the minute.

ReputationRep:
    @6,1" , 196lbs

2.) 242 bench press
    5.) 352x1 deadlift
    update!

1.) 187 mil press
    2.) 253 on benchpress
    3.) same on rows
    4.)same on squats
    4.) 400lbs on dead

ReputationRep:
    gratz... nice bench mate, keep it up

ReputationRep:
    Heeeeeeeey Im back! Resurrected from the errrrrrr, offline world!

Anyways, hmmmmm I recognise jut_t avatar from somewhere but cant remember.

Right, Im back for training discussion, how is everyone? solid, pimp, lapsa, sorry if I missed anyone else out.

Training is good for me although Im getting awfully fat lol, bulk bulk time! Still eating pretty clean as well but I eat quite a bit of carbs, about 500g of brown rice plus a few pitta breads and roasted sweet potatoes a day haha! Currently getting I reckon about 250g carbs a day a kilo in a few days!

Currently about 220lbs @ 5'7! Just over 13 and a half stone, Im going to reach 14 stone then maintain till jan/feb then cut so when graduation comes, Ill be a ripped up, looking to get to about 7% bf, lowest i been is 8.2%, although this was on the errm forgot the name but its the one where you stick electrodes on your fingers and toes so realistically, its prob 9%.

Then aim is 13 stone at 7% (for a reading on the same machine), should alright at 5'7.................I hope.

So, what up booooooooooooooys?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stone)
    Heeeeeeeey Im back! Resurrected from the errrrrrr, offline world!

Anyways, hmmmmm I recognise jut_t avatar from somewhere but cant remember.

Right, Im back for training discussion, how is everyone? solid, pimp, lapsa, sorry if I missed anyone else out.

Training is good for me although Im getting awfully fat lol, bulk bulk time! Still eating pretty clean as well but I eat quite a bit of carbs, about 500g of brown rice plus a few pitta breads and roasted sweet potatoes a day haha! Currently getting I reckon about 250g carbs a day a kilo in a few days!

Currently about 220lbs @ 5'7! Just over 13 and a half stone, Im going to reach 14 stone then maintain till jan/feb then cut so when graduation comes, Ill be a ripped up, looking to get to about 7% bf, lowest i been is 8.2%, although this was on the errm forgot the name but its the one where you stick electrodes on your fingers and toes so realistically, its prob 9%.

Then aim is 13 stone at 7% (for a reading on the same machine), should alright at 5'7.................I hope.

So, what up booooooooooooooys?!
    Alright Stone, good to hear the training's going well. pimp has actually been idle for a few weeks too, dno where he's gone.

As for me, my training is not going anywhere. Still recovering from an injury in my wrist and lower back.

ReputationRep:
    hey quick question ..if i use smaller weights (about 6kg dumbells) , but do more reps...could we still bulk up ??? ...thnks

Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.