Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    LONG TIMEEEEE!!!
    MY APOLOGIES..
    Been working 6 days a week, moving house and had no internet for last few months..anyway I'm sorted now..almost, about to start training AGAIN..
    How is everybdy doing??

ReputationRep:
    It kinda died and was reborn - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=391459

ReputationRep:
    DARN!! Well, it has been resurrected:P

ReputationRep:
    hey
    i always wanted to be a bodybuilder
    but i onli can du like 5-10 crunches before my belly contracts and i feel i cant move. like im paralysed
    am i doing something wrong

i m fit and healthy, can run a 10k under 45min, its just weights that im utter useless at
    How can people do like 100 crunches with ease, how is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm..either you are doin something totally wrong form wise..or..??

How exactly are you performing crunches?

(Original post by supajay)
    hey
    i always wanted to be a bodybuilder
    but i onli can du like 5-10 crunches before my belly contracts and i feel i cant move. like im paralysed
    am i doing something wrong

i m fit and healthy, can run a 10k under 45min, its just weights that im utter useless at
    How can people do like 100 crunches with ease, how is that possible?

ReputationRep:
    put me hands across the chest and raise like a 1/4 front and back with like a second pause

ReputationRep:
    i would very much love to join this society. so please sign me up.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome 4 new members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fire Star)
    i would very much love to join this society. so please sign me up.
    you have to go to the societies page and request to join.

ReputationRep:
    Hi im new around here (ish)

Umm I only started going to gym about a 3 weeks ago, because i wanted to get stronger than most guys on my rugby team. I can already feel the difference, you know more happy, more energetic. Im not really with all the technical lingo as I dont even know what a bench press is... (what is that? the big barbell thing?? ) But yeah hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue bubbles)
    Hi im new around here (ish)

Umm I only started going to gym about a 3 weeks ago, because i wanted to get stronger than most guys on my rugby team. I can already feel the difference, you know more happy, more energetic. Im not really with all the technical lingo as I dont even know what a bench press is... (what is that? the big barbell thing?? ) But yeah hello
    Welcome newest member. NO problem. That's why we are all here, to help each other. SO what are you doing (routine-wise) for your strength training?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    Welcome newest member. NO problem. That's why we are all here, to help each other. SO what are you doing (routine-wise) for your strength training?
    umm well Im lifting like the big barbell, 5 reps of 25kg umm 10 sets of those. Ive been going on the pec machine doing 5 reps on those aswells 10 of those. Then the rowing machine for 20 mins. I cycle a bit. Then go and do cuircuit training across the corridor. Which involves like sit ups on those big balls (lol :rolleyes: silly me) and running and skipping etc for half and hour. Im not sure If I should really change my routine and these guys in the changing room were recommending me to drink like this whey/ creatine mix or something should I ?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if its ok to have out of date whey protein? i'm talking a good 2 months over...(Prolab if it makes any difference)
    and don't say 'buy some more, its cheap' because I have 2.5kg of it and I don't want to throw it away before checking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusNinja)
    does anyone know if its ok to have out of date whey protein? i'm talking a good 2 months over...(Prolab if it makes any difference)
    and don't say 'buy some more, its cheap' because I have 2.5kg of it and I don't want to throw it away before checking.

Hmm..I don't think think there would be a problem..but then again, I wouldn't risk it..there are sell by date's for a reason mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue bubbles)
    umm well Im lifting like the big barbell, 5 reps of 25kg umm 10 sets of those. Ive been going on the pec machine doing 5 reps on those aswells 10 of those. Then the rowing machine for 20 mins. I cycle a bit. Then go and do cuircuit training across the corridor. Which involves like sit ups on those big balls (lol :rolleyes: silly me) and running and skipping etc for half and hour. Im not sure If I should really change my routine and these guys in the changing room were recommending me to drink like this whey/ creatine mix or something should I ?
    Whey protein is important, but only if your diet is sorted, otherwise it is pointless. SOme people tend to just overload with protein powders, end up with big belly and then complain. If you take too much, it will either go down to ur gut or youu will literally piss i out.

But I would recommend you try it, maybe take 1 shake a day and work on your diet more.

In regards to your training, is that what you would do in an avg session or for the week?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    Whey protein is important, but only if your diet is sorted, otherwise it is pointless. SOme people tend to just overload with protein powders, end up with big belly and then complain. If you take too much, it will either go down to ur gut or youu will literally piss i out.

But I would recommend you try it, maybe take 1 shake a day and work on your diet more.

In regards to your training, is that what you would do in an avg session or for the week?
    lol well thats extreme to be honest. I normally do about 3 sets of each (I get bored) I also do rugby training monday and badminton on thrusdays then all of the "workout" on fridays.

ReputationRep:
    got a quick question! Basically, im on a placement year out of uni and im working full time. Im going to the gym to build muscle and its going quite well at the moment. Think Ive got my diet almost spot on! However, when I go back to uni next september im going to have so much work to do so i cant go gym and wont have the funds to buy all the food. So my question is: Will I lose the muscle ive put on if I cut down going to the gym and stopped eating as much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnbhead)
    got a quick question! Basically, im on a placement year out of uni and im working full time. Im going to the gym to build muscle and its going quite well at the moment. Think Ive got my diet almost spot on! However, when I go back to uni next september im going to have so much work to do so i cant go gym and wont have the funds to buy all the food. So my question is: Will I lose the muscle ive put on if I cut down going to the gym and stopped eating as much?
    Generally, YES! Since you have been training so much and eating, your appetite has increased. If you cut down all of a sudden you will definately feel the effects. Believe me, been there and lost a helluva lot of weight.
    My suggestion is that you gradually start training less ie if your doing 4 days a week, maybe 3? Also, even when you get to uni, it shouldn't really be a problem. Stock up on pasta, noodles etc (V. cheap way of getting ur carbs) I n reg to protein, whey protein powders are quite cheap and chicken breasts once/twice a week shouldn't be too much of a financial burden.

Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P1mP)
    Generally, YES! Since you have been training so much and eating, your appetite has increased. If you cut down all of a sudden you will definitely feel the effects. Believe me, been there and lost a helluva lot of weight.
    My suggestion is that you gradually start training less ie if your doing 4 days a week, maybe 3? Also, even when you get to uni, it shouldn't really be a problem. Stock up on pasta, noodles etc (V. cheap way of getting ur carbs) I n reg to protein, whey protein powders are quite cheap and chicken breasts once/twice a week shouldn't be too much of a financial burden.

Hope that helps
    thanks, but I would of thought once its there, its there to stay?? Where does the muscle go?

ReputationRep:
    If only tht were true..

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.