Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    One of my best mates will be turning 18 on March 19th. I've known him since I was 2, used to be his next door neighbour & we grew up together etc... I really want to get him something cool but meaningful. He's heavily into gadgets, wants to join the police, and loves 'challenges'. For my b'day he made me a T-Shirt witha picture of himself, our other friend & I when we were at my 3rd Birthday party. He also bought me a cool & useful present so I'd like to return the kindness.

I have a few ideas what to get but would love some more!
    Anyone else achieved a similar thing?

I had thought about getting him quad biking vouchers but heard they cost a lot, I could get my other friends to chip in but I'd still like to give him something just from me. Ideas?

ReputationRep:
    A kiss? Or maybe a bit more?

ReputationRep:
    This prob wouldn't work cos he's a bloke, but I got my (then) best friend to write down ANYTHING she wanted for her bday, and then I made a scrapbook out of those ideas and some photos of us etc... examples of stuff is that she'd asked for a meerkat so I put in a piccy or two, and also for the boy she had a crush on so I go pictures of hm and got him to write a little something in it she was well chuffed and started crying! I mde a proper book of about 25 pages.

My boyf at the time got her socks. He dragged my efort down somewhat lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    A kiss? Or maybe a bit more?
    LOL, no I don't think so, the suggestion itself is weird, the guy's more like my brother!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)
    This prob wouldn't work cos he's a bloke, but I got my (then) best friend to write down ANYTHING she wanted for her bday, and then I made a scrapbook out of those ideas and some photos of us etc... examples of stuff is that she'd asked for a meerkat so I put in a piccy or two, and also for the boy she had a crush on so I go pictures of hm and got him to write a little something in it she was well chuffed and started crying! I mde a proper book of about 25 pages.

Awwwwwwwwww!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rednirt)

That's so sweet! A good idea, he's a 'sensitive' kind of guy (never tell him that though, he gets too sensitive about it, lol!)
    Might get everyone to contribute photos & messages & stuff, he's the only one out of all my friends not planning on going to uni so that'd be a wicked idea. He's beena bit off recently, we think he's worried we'll forget him, so that might perk him up a bit. Thanks Rednirt!

Any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie J)
    That's so sweet! A good idea, he's a 'sensitive' kind of guy (never tell him that though, he gets too sensitive about it, lol!)
    Might get everyone to contribute photos & messages & stuff, he's the only one out of all my friends not planning on going to uni so that'd be a wicked idea. He's beena bit off recently, we think he's worried we'll forget him, so that might perk him up a bit. Thanks Rednirt!

Any more?
    you can't go wrong with alcohol and strip clubs, the magic combination that makes ppl look forward to being 18

ReputationRep:
    I got my brother a hip flask for his 18th and had it engraved for him.

My gran made me a scrap book for my 21st last week, it was so cute, loads of pages of baby pics and a page for all the different things in my life, like when I was tiny I did ballet, so there were some photos, and my first ballet shoe, which my mum had kept, the I went horse riding for years so there was a rosette I'd won, and loads more pictures, then there were photos from school, and photos of me drinking, all with little captions and other related pictures from magazines and stuff dotted about to make it look pretty. You could do something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MuniE)
    you can't go wrong with alcohol and strip clubs, the magic combination that makes ppl look forward to being 18
    Well said that man

ReputationRep:
    im taking my best friend to paris for the day! actually gave her a paper aeroplane on the day and im taking her in april! she loved it...just 4 the day, shopping and seeing the eiffel tower! not 2 expensive on easyjet if u book a lot in advance

*official best present giver*

ReputationRep:
    Give him something he will really like, something like the complete 7th series of tng, on Macbeth in klingon, I would like that sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    im taking my best friend to paris for the day! actually gave her a paper aeroplane on the day and im taking her in april! she loved it...just 4 the day, shopping and seeing the eiffel tower! not 2 expensive on easyjet if u book a lot in advance

*official best present giver*
    What a great idea! Wouldn't going on the Eurostar have been a bit cheaper than flying though??

ReputationRep:
    Why not fly on the paper aeroplane, it would be a lot cheaper than going by easy jet

ReputationRep:
    well, since he's the one thats gonna go away, why dont u do something along the lines of a huge poster with a pic of all of u on it?? u can get it done anywhere... get ur fave pic and make a poster out of it for his college wall... or, if he's gonna go away somewhere, but still is in vicinity, buy him like 3 or 4 two way train tickets, so that he can come visit!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    What a great idea! Wouldn't going on the Eurostar have been a bit cheaper than flying though??
    it werent that expensive actually...£50 return...! i live up north so 2 go on eurostar wudve worked out v.expensive, plus we only goin 4 a day!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.