This discussion is closed.
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RobbieC)
And it is dirty, dirty like pondwater!!
We did some tests on pondwater at my school and it wasn't that dirty...
Itchynscratchy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
that's true, sea water is much dirtier
RobbieC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Then seawater is Physics level of dirtiness...

Physics being more dirty because its the application of abstract rubbish nonsense in the real world.
Talya
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Physics being more dirty because its the application of abstract rubbish nonsense in the real world.
I'm taking that as a personal insult :bawling:
RobbieC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You will change your mind when you get here... and see the rubbish for yourself. RUBBASH!

I will champion the uprising from within against modern Physics.
Itchynscratchy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Then seawater is Physics level of dirtiness...

This from the guy who said science should be all theory :rolleyes:
arkbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
And who walks around labs shaking his head...
Itchynscratchy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by arkbar)
And who walks around labs shaking his head...
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I do not! I just ate baked beans and chips at lunch.

Now that is good!!
You can't be all that bad if you eat baked beans and chips...do you like that with gravy too? When I was at school all those years ago I used to get chips, beans and gravy several times a week for lunch.
Piggsil
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You will change your mind when you get here... and see the rubbish for yourself. RUBBASH!

I will champion the uprising from within against modern Physics.
RUBBASH! Hehe.
Robbie, you bemuse me.
Rachel84
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Durham University is a member of the 1994 Group.

The 1994 Group represents ninteen of the most research-intensive universities in the UK. Members tend to be campus-based, small-to-medium sized institutions.

The Group was established in 1994, as member institutions began working more closely together to respond to developments within the sector such as changing financial support for students. The Group provides a central vehicle to help members promote their common interests in Higher Education, respond efficiently to key policy issues and share best methods and practice.

Members of the 1994 Group are:

University of Bath, Birkbeck University of London, Durham University, University of East Anglia, University of Essex, University of Exeter, Goldsmiths University of London, Lancaster University, University of Leicester, Loughborough University, Queen Mary University of London, University of Reading, Royal Holloway University of London, University of St Andrews, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of Surrey, University of Sussex, University of Warwick (also a member of the Russell Group), and University of York.

For further information, I suggest you visit the website.
67sunsets
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Durham, where the President of the Russell Group spent several years early in his career and which has a good reputation, could not be a Russell group member because it is too small. The same would go for Bath or Loughborough.

On the plus side....
Durham's fees aren't rising as much because of the fact that they aren't in the Russell Group!
River85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by 67sunsets)
Durham, where the President of the Russell Group spent several years early in his career and which has a good reputation, could not be a Russell group member because it is too small. The same would go for Bath or Loughborough.
Please don't bump old threads.

Not true.

Durham has a higher research income than some Russell Group universities. It is possible to leave one lobbying group (1994) and join another (Russell). It is what Warwick and LSE did around the time this thread was created.

They were originally invited to the initial meetings that led to the creation of the Russell Group but declined. They then co-founded the 1994 Group. They clearly feel the 1994 Group suits their interests better.

On the plus side....
Durham's fees aren't rising as much because of the fact that they aren't in the Russell Group!
Yes, they are. Not being in the Russell Group doesn't mean that they are less likely to raise tuition fees compared to RG members. They remain a popular university and, like all universities, are going to experience a reduction in government subsidy. They were always going to raise fees as high as they could.

Durham are charging the full 9k a year, as they were always going to do, and announced this relatively early.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (851)
80.74%
Leave (203)
19.26%

Watched Threads