The Student Room Group

did anyone experience this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-17697328
I heard it where I live and now it's all over my facebook, did anyone else hear it?
Reply 1
That's just badass tbh.
Original post by tehforum
That's just badass tbh.

what do you mean?
Reply 3
Original post by pink pineapple
what do you mean?

A sonic boom can be heard across hundreds of miles.
Reply 4
Yep I heard it
I heard something like this a few weeks ago. Though it was a UFO or something...
Reply 6
i heard it thought it was just the local farmer blowing stuff up again though :rolleyes:
reminds me of when i heard bunsfield go up in smoke :L
Reply 7
I have never heard a sonic boom but I did hear a fighter jet very loudly it was up in my great aunts old caravan in the Scottish highlands it years ago when I was like 8 years old and this fighter plane (dunno what it was) flew VERY low literally 130 feet odd above us very fast must have been pretty close to the speed of sound the roar made me ;itteraly cry and spill this bucket of water I was carrying at the time lol it's frighteneing as ****.
Reply 8
Original post by Shabalala
I have never heard a sonic boom but I did hear a fighter jet very loudly it was up in my great aunts old caravan in the Scottish highlands it years ago when I was like 8 years old and this fighter plane (dunno what it was) flew VERY low literally 130 feet odd above us very fast must have been pretty close to the speed of sound the roar made me ;itteraly cry and spill this bucket of water I was carrying at the time lol it's frighteneing as ****.

Probably a Tornado, when I went to Cumbria with my family when I was little they used to fly quite frequently over where we stayed. The noise they make is tremendous. I'm glad to know I'm was not the only one who got scared. :smile:
Has anybody else been hearing loud and low noises in the North Yorkshire area? The very first time last week, I actually jumped out of my seat thinking it was a large commercial airliner and it sounded quite in trouble and really low. But I've been hearing it intermittently now. Sometimes, it's really loud and you'd think something was coming down. What's even more annoying (or weirder, if you will) is that everytime I go to look, it's always perpetually and heavily cloudy and so you can't see anything at all (it's been so for the past few days)...
Reply 10
Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!!!!!
Reply 11
Why is this mysterious? And why is the MOD investigating if they know what it was?
Original post by ArthurWinterthurII
Has anybody else been hearing loud and low noises in the North Yorkshire area? The very first time last week, I actually jumped out of my seat thinking it was a large commercial airliner and it sounded quite in trouble and really low. But I've been hearing it intermittently now. Sometimes, it's really loud and you'd think something was coming down. What's even more annoying (or weirder, if you will) is that everytime I go to look, it's always perpetually and heavily cloudy and so you can't see anything at all (it's been so for the past few days)...

I've seen a few military aircraft (typhoons and a big 4 engine transport, I think a c-130) flying low whilst around the York area, so that might be the cause of that. The big transport was really loud especially.
Original post by Squidgyness
I've seen a few military aircraft (typhoons and a big 4 engine transport, I think a c-130) flying low whilst around the York area, so that might be the cause of that. The big transport was really loud especially.

Oh right, cheers. Do you know why that is? Is it just standard training (I can't see that it is as I've been in York for some time and I've never really heard anything like it)...?
Original post by ArthurWinterthurII
Oh right, cheers. Do you know why that is? Is it just standard training (I can't see that it is as I've been in York for some time and I've never really heard anything like it)...?

It just looked like standard low fly training to me, but the transport was descending to land I think, probably a personnel flight. The fighters just looked like they were on a low fly training exercise to me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending