Inhalation allergy panel 20
    Renal Profile
    First trimester
    AMA
    FSH
    Prolactin
    TSH
    CBC + Automated Differential

Tests, after a complaint of headaches and leg cramp, what would they be looking for?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Everything and anything!

It's impossible to know. The majority of diagnoses come from history and clinical findings with investigations confirming or refuting your initial thoughts.

ReputationRep:
    not sure about all of them, but:
    calcium and iron - probs for levels to indicate deficiencies (iron deficiency can lead to anaemia).
    don't know for sure about vit D or the inhalation allergy panel 20 thingy.
    renal profile - tests your kidneys - apparently they run kidney and liver tests for people any time they've got your blood.
    first trimester - are you pregnant?
    AMA - don't know
    FSH is a pituitary hormone and prolactin is secreted from your hypothalamus - i have no idea what they're testing for specifically but at a guess it's whether your hormone levels are ok.
    TSH is a thyroid hormone, so checking that's working ok
    CBC = Complete Blood Count so it'll look at the numbers of types of blood cells and can indicate if you've got an infection - high numbers of white blood cells happens if you've got a bacterial or viral infection etc.

just to be clear - i'm not a doctor and these are guesses based on that i had a blood test done today and my gp told me what they were looking for.
    Hope this helps and you feel better soon.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi,

If a hospital was running

Calcium
    Iron
    Vitamin D
    Inhalation allergy panel 20
    Renal Profile
    First trimester
    AMA
    FSH
    Prolactin
    TSH
    CBC + Automated Differential

Tests, after a complaint of headaches and leg cramp, what would they be looking for?

Cheers
    Thats easy.
    CBC implies you are in america.

Ergo you are being milked for insurance money.

Its a really stupid and illogical set of blood tests otherwise.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.