The Student Room Group

What do YOU do when you see a spider in your room?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
1. Get a piece of highly radioactive variety of Uranium.
2. Expose the spider to it.
3. Place it on my wrist and let it bite me.
4. Out at nights saving the world. :cool:
Reply 21
I normally just leave it, if there was a way for it to get in then there's a way for it to get out. I'll catch it and release it outside if it's one of those big/fast ones, though. I don't really know why I discriminate based on their size and speed. :redface: But yeah, if I'm not bothered by them I just leave them sitting there, mosquitoes however, a whole new story. That's when I use every guerrilla tactic and weapon known to mankind to destroy the bastards.
If I'm alone: cup+cardboard
With someone I'd like to impress who is scared: bare hands.

It's how I roll.
Reply 23
Funnily, the last time I had a spider in my room, one of the webs it conjured up in one corner of my room managed to catch and subdue a wasp that had also found its way into my room (which posed a much greater threat). Have yet to kill a spider since.
I hoover up the f*cker :wink:
Original post by adsm_inamorta
I hoover up the f*cker :wink:

You hard bastard. :ahee:

You hard bastard. :ahee:

I'm solid when it comes to spiders :biggrin:
"Dad can you get this spider!"

Why you guys gotta be so mean?
Tell someone there's a spider hanging around, since people might like to know, then either leave it to carry on its life in insecty peace or - if it's somewhere awkward, such as a bath or a bed - grab a piece of paper and a cup and carefully deposit it out the window.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
I'm not too fussed tbh, either leave it be or put it out the window. It depends how close to my bed it is.
Reply 31
Get my dad, or my brother haha. Usually my brother cos he puts them outside whereas my dad just flushes them down the toilet and then I feel guilty for the little spider family they might have left behind. :frown:
Reply 32
I was never too fussed about spiders till a spider the size of the palms of my hand creeped onto my shoulder when i was in my room. I screamed, shaked my hair, threw my jumper off and ran down the stairs crying to my dad. When i got back up it was gone...hiding under my pillow :O

So i made my dad kill it. The 8 legs give me the heebe jeebies.
If it's little, like REALLY little, pick it up and chuck it out of my room.
If it's big then I get my brother to remove it and refuse to enter the room until it's gone.
Put it outside or leave it.

For me, wasps are worse pests.

Best invention since sliced bread.
Reply 36
usually watch it for a while, name the spider and start talking to him/her.. we usually have a pretty nice chat :smile:) and then just let him go and do his business around the room. no need to be mean, they are quite nice
Original post by LeeC
Apparently we'd be knee deep in flies (literally) if spiders weren't there to eat them!

tell that to my rolled up new paper :colone:
I simply apologise for being in it's way. Try to avoid it in future.

I agree with previous guy. Spiders > Flies and insects
Cup and paper job -> out the window. Fairly stress free! Would never squash one but have been known to water them down the plug hole if they're in my bath. Feel guilty for that but I think they might survive... maybe...

Quick Reply

Latest