Feeling terrible watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What a change... hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    What a change... hehe
    Gr, im sobre most of the time lol

please get a life....it was just by mistake, and you didnt even read the damn message....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Earlier, I was over in a friend's room, working. I had a break from work, and sat down at his desk. i turned the screen on, and saw an unread msn window. Without thinking I clicked on it to bring the window up. I didnt read it. He saw what I was doing, and said 'Do you mind!?'. At first I didnt know what he meant so i said, 'what?'. 'Reading my msn messages!' he replied. I said then - 'oh, i'm so sorry!' and closed it. My other friend was there, and they had been discussing maths while i had a break, so they went back to it and I went back to work. The evening continued as if nothing had happened.

But I feel awful! I would do that on my boyfriend's computer, and probably have done it on other friends' computers, and they have had no problem with it. But I realise its a really rude thing to do and I feel terrible. Absolutely appalled with myself.

I think i'll write a note to apologise, and put it in his pigeonhole. i want him to realise that i know it was wrong and i feel really bad. I just hope it doesnt hurt our friendship, cos we are quite close.

Anyway, sorry for the long post. Just needed to write it down.
    Come on, that is hardly something to lose sleep over. And it's definitely nothing to be "appaled" with. It's not like you were rummaging through his drawers reading personal letters or anything, and you said yourself that you didn't actually read what was on the MSN window. So just forget about it, if he has a problem with you after this then he needs to chill out a bit.

Worse things happen at sea and all that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jeff's_dead)
    Come on, that is hardly something to lose sleep over. And it's definitely nothing to be "appaled" with. It's not like you were rummaging through his drawers reading personal letters or anything, and you said yourself that you didn't actually read what was on the MSN window. So just forget about it, if he has a problem with you after this then he needs to chill out a bit.

Worse things happen at sea and all that...
    Exactly right, :rofl: your avatar cracked me up laughing btw, love it :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Update:

I left the note in his pigeon hole last night. Saw him at lunch just now, and he said 'thanks for the note - it was very sweet' and gave me a carton of cranberry juice.

so its all fine now! thanks for the advice, guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarlet ibis)
    Update:

I left the note in his pigeon hole last night. Saw him at lunch just now, and he said 'thanks for the note - it was very sweet' and gave me a carton of cranberry juice.

so its all fine now! thanks for the advice, guys!
    Glad to hear it

ReputationRep:
    why bother? a normal person would forget about that by dinner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)
    Is it terribly wrong for me to say... if only the worries in my life were limited to having accidently clicking upon an MSN conversation window? :confused:
    I feel the same-if only, eh?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2006
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.