Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Does Sheffield accept general studies? Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Just logged into track to check the conditions of my offer to study at Sheffield, and noticed that they did not specify that they don't accept general studies:

This offer is subject to you obtaining:

GCE A level
    Grades AAA including
    English Literature
    Does this mean that an A grade in general studies would be accepted?

ReputationRep:
    Ring up the admissions officer and ask them directly, or send them an email.

Imagine this situation: Even if someone here replies 'Yes, Sheffield accepts it 100%', then the day comes and you didn't get in (turns out they don't accept it)... All you can say is, 'Well, I made a post on a forum and somebody told me you would accpet it'.

ReputationRep:
    to quote the prospectus:

We accept all GCE A Level subjects approved by Ofqual. A Level General Studies is accepted for entry to some courses
    I would suggest that given how competitive Englit is, they are likely not to accept it. You will have to check, though, to be sure.

ReputationRep:
    **A level General Studies is considered for entry to some of our undergraduate courses where taken alongside two A levels from the list of Acceptable A Level Subjects. We advise that applicants contact the Admissions Service as above as some courses do not accept General Studies.

From

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/undergrad...olicies/alevel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shroob)
    Ring up the admissions officer and ask them directly, or send them an email.

Imagine this situation: Even if someone here replies 'Yes, Sheffield accepts it 100%', then the day comes and you didn't get in (turns out they don't accept it)... All you can say is, 'Well, I made a post on a forum and somebody told me you would accpet it'.
    this.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed Sheffield and asked too. For the Politics dept they do. But they did specify that they have depts that do and don't depending on popularity of the courses...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if they accept 2 AS in leui of 1 full ALevel

Poll
Would you shell out for travel insurance?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.