Guys liking long skirts. Strange? Watch

NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
During my travels in Bloomsbury and Covent Garden a few women got my attention because they are wearing long skirts. It wasn't just that but the other clothes that went with it and decent designs etc. Is this strange considering most guys would prefer women to wear short skirts? :rolleyes: Is it to do with taste?
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
I only find it strange because I think long skirts are usually hideous. :p: But then I'm thinking of long denim skirts. There are probably nice ones out there. I didn't mind those gypsy skirts but I never wore one.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Yeah it's hard to describe the two that I saw but they went beyond the knees but not all the way down. Should have used my mobile phone to take a pic. :ninja:
Angel Interceptor
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
During my travels in Bloomsbury and Covent Garden a few women got my attention because they are wearing long skirts. It wasn't just that but the other clothes that went with it and decent designs etc. Is this strange considering most guys would prefer women to wear short skirts? :rolleyes: Is it to do with taste?
Nope, it's not strange - I like the way some women look in longer skirts, as it's elegant and shows that they're not complete numpties and are actually dressing for the weather. I'm not a big fan of girls who wear ridiculously short skirts, unless they're clubbing or something. However, again, for both long and short skirts, it depends on the girl, and what else she's wearing as well.
danni_bella
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hehe you're like my BF then, he likes me wearing long skirts, particularly a dark green-ish 3/4-length one I have, which I think is a bit boring! And a nice bright pink one which I like too. But he doesn't like denim skirts for some reason, any length for that matter either. Weird.
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Denim isn't particularly nice to touch or look at, and the way it moves with the body - hardly sexy is it?
The Green Manalishi
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I actually respect some girls who wear long skirts as 1.) Short skirts are more in fashion and it shows they're doing their own thing and not following which is cool sometimes 2.) It shows modesty and adds a feminine touch IMO.

I basically like the long gypsy skirts and boots look.
RK
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Longer skirts can look good on a girl. Normally much better than quite short ones many people insist on wearing. Such skirts just make a woman look slutty and scruffy...two not very appealing things to me.
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not strange at all, I know lots of guys who prefer longer skirts to arse-skimming miniskirts. The Bloke included, which is handy, because I don't like miniskirts too much.

Probably more of the guys that I'm close friends with prefer it, actually.

Just as some guys will prefer blondes to brunettes, some guys prefer different styles of clothing on girls. All personal opinion, like.
Phonicsdude
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Long tight skirt is as sexy as they come.
also highly impractical.
dogtanian
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Phonicsdude)
Long tight skirt is as sexy as they come.
also highly impractical.
See, now all I can picture is that picture of the girl wearing a tube dress that for some odd reason she had as a skirt posted by that troll a while back...

Sexy.
BlackpoolCraig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As a guy, I'd have to agree. Long skirts look a lot better.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
(Original post by Roger Kirk)
Longer skirts can look good on a girl. Normally much better than quite short ones many people insist on wearing. Such skirts just make a woman look slutty and scruffy...two not very appealing things to me.
Yeah I guess that's what I'd agree with plus as mentioned above they're wearing what they like sensibly rather than what other people think they should. There was this girl once in Halls wearing a short skirt whilst I saw others in a street wearing ushanka hats. I found that a bit amusing.
Whizz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Angel Interceptor)
Nope, it's not strange - I like the way some women look in longer skirts, as it's elegant and shows that they're not complete numpties and are actually dressing for the weather. I'm not a big fan of girls who wear ridiculously short skirts, unless they're clubbing or something. However, again, for both long and short skirts, it depends on the girl, and what else she's wearing as well.
Why does it make a difference if they're clubbing or not? Surely if they look tarty, they look tary in any context?
EmmaBurton
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I don't think it's strange at all. I would guess that, to a guy, trousers are a bit functional/asexual and short skirts a little obvious, so I guess longer skirts are a good compromise. Plus, from a girl's point of view, they're nice to wear because you don't have to have perfect legs or boyish hips to look OK.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
How is wearing of trousers asexual?
Duck and Cover
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I much prefer long skirts! One day my ex was wearing one and I was like :eek: why did I ever break up with you??!!
Angel Interceptor
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Whizz)
Why does it make a difference if they're clubbing or not? Surely if they look tarty, they look tary in any context?
Because I assume that short skirts would be easier to dance in than longer length skirts whilst clubbing. Also, I never said that short skirts are 'tarty', some are very nice, whilst others are fashion nightmares.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
I guess people's dress sense can be seen as a sign of their character. Something rather handy. :cool:
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You gotta wonder what they are hiding under there. Probably immigrants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (78)
26.44%
No (217)
73.56%

Watched Threads