Turn on thread page Beta

Part-time maths tutor watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to teach Maths as a private tutor to earn some extra money, how would I go about doing this? Do I need any qualfications etc. ?

Where would you recommend I advertise for a maximum amount of clients? Pricing? Any other details I should give?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Bump for help

ReputationRep:
    PM'd you.

ReputationRep:
    Well, to what level of Mathematics have you studied? And what level would you be hoping to teach?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    To start off with, you might be best just doing friends' younger siblings or whatever. Then, when you've got experience there's laods of places like supermakets, post offices, newspapers that you can advertise in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wrangler)
    Well, to what level of Mathematics have you studied? And what level would you be hoping to teach?
    I'm a first year maths undergraduate, I've also done one year as a physics undergraduate.

I was hoping to teach upto A2 maths, my plan was to be very cheap, charging only £10-15 an hour due to lack of experience and teaching qualifications.

Juno, have you got any specific examples?

ReputationRep:
    Then I'd say your pitching at around the right level. Assuming you were getting As in your Maths A-Level, you'd be in a good position to pass on some knowledge to those doing A-Levels at the mo.

• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    What do you mean by specific examples? I know all major supermarkets have an advertising board, and post offices usually place adverts in their window (but you might need to pay a small fee). And loacl newspapers have a classified section, but again you might need to pay.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerHow to become an online tutorCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.