How far from uni do/will you live? Watch

Poll: How far from uni do you live?
Halls (1st year) (35)
43.21%
Halls (2nd/3rd year) (8)
9.88%
Walkable distance - less than 20 mins (12)
14.81%
Walkable but more than 20 mins (10)
12.35%
I go by car/public transport (16)
19.75%
Freckles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Mainly applies to second/third years, I guess, as most of you probably live in halls during their first year, but do you live a walkable distance away or do you go by bus/car? If so, do you find it cuts you off from your uni-related social life (societies etc) and does it make you skip lectures more often or do you not mind it at all?
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Meh, flat, 15 mins down the road.
ali567149
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well i live 2 miles away from my Uni. but its where loads of students live and the walk is nice in the summer 30mins however there is a bus 'the infamous no.1' which is ment to come every 7mins however like this morning it was a 45 min wait in the cold (-3) those damn stagecoach peeps
sexysax
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in halls this year but it takes about 10mins to walk to uni. Next year it will take about 15mins from my house.
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
What are people for whom more than one option applies supposed to vote for?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I lived 4 miles away but it was more like 6 the way you have to go via public transport. It could take about 45 minutes to get there becuase I had to go via the city centre and traffic could be chaos.

Where I live is 2.5 miles from Manchester University and there are a lot of students here even there they are not any halls as such.
Cessie
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wherever I go it'll be a plane (or possibly boat) journey and then train or bus to get there so I'm def staying in halls for first year!
djk_99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live in halls this year (about 15 mins walk away from uni).
Have already found my house for next year though! That is a 5 mins walk away from uni in the studenty area behind the union.
Axiom
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It would be public transport for me, about 15-25 minutes on a train.
bewithoutyou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in a house that's less than 10 minutes walk from the university. Last year my halls were a 30 minute walk away.
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I live in halls on the uni campus so it takes 5 - 10 minutes to get to lectures depending on which block the lecture is in. The house I bought for the second year is actually even closer - about 2 minutes from all the lecture blocks. Its great
Freckles
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
You bought a house ??? lol
Ana
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Halls, but 30-45 minutes walk away. I get the bus
~Sam~
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in halls about 15-20 mins from the uni
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anne*UK*06)
You bought a house ??? lol
Yep, me and my father bought one between us. We are thinking of buying another to rent out to other students. Its all good investement. Its tiring though looking at houses all the time and I really dont like estate agents.
PieMaster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm in halls this year, and my house for next year is about a 10 minute walk from campus.
Bexxxx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im a 2nd year, and i share a house with friends, ooh about 1min away. :cool:
We live down a road packed with students, opposite one of the gates!
BBGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Uni is about 35 mins train ride away for me......so not too bad. I have to stay at home bcos I've got kids.:rolleyes:
mousey
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Next year i'll be about a 35 minute walk from lectures and 25 minutes from campus. There's a bus for those cold/rainy days though. xx
Apricot Fairy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This year in halls I'm 30 minutes away from uni. Next year in my house I will be less than 5 minutes away. Result!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1411)
79.63%
Leave (361)
20.37%

Watched Threads